• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greddleok

I wish there was an emote for Push Forward!

So tired of teams who sit in cover when there's like 1 or 2 enemies. I'm a tank, you can hide behind me, you won't be hurt. Just get to the objective!

Blues1990

Do you guys have any tips, with regards to playing as Mercy for her survivability? Despite trying to heal my teammates, they keep leaving me high and dry to bullet fire. It also doesn't help that they will spread apart, so I won't have many options to escape.

Do you guys have any tips, with regards to playing as Mercy for her survivability? Despite trying to heal my teammates, they keep leaving me high and dry to bullet fire. It also doesn't help that they will spread apart, so I won't have many options to escape.

I usually try to stick to the tank since they normally will be on the objective or near it, and heal the DPS where needed. That said, I also pay attention to the kill feed, so if I see a lot of my team mates dying, I try to pull back.

peakish

Situational awareness is very important. Keep a mental record of enemy ults and stay back if you think they are about to use them. Look out for flankers from common routes and listen for footsteps. Don't feel forced to follow team members who overextend, that's on them. Often it's just as good to stay with the core of your team or in general characters who can protect you (Rein, Zarya).

If none of you mind playing with a poor player, feel free to add me for EU games:
RedArremer#21703
Added (as toppform)! Won't play today but will probably be on tomorrow for some games.

Anne

Feeling kinda zzz on OW atm. No new content on live to mess with, nothing interesting happening with the ARG, no comp mode to grind away at, etc

Still loving the game and watching tournaments, but the amount of time it is taking to do this patch cycle is way too long :T

H2K Esper showed off some MErcy plays in their newest video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVCOcFaTxR4&feature=youtu.be

A lot of playing Mercy is building ult, figuring who to hard pocket, then becoming solid snake and coordinating a big rez.

Skii

Just looking at my stats on Overbuff and just look at the difference when I play with a party

gn623Wm.png

and without a party:

I do tend to die a lot though in the party. The quality of the opposition is just so much higher but it's worth it because even when we lose, I know my team did the very best it could do. In solo queue, 90% of the time we lose, it's because no one gets on the fucking point lol.

Still haven't got the 4 kills with Dragon blade. Got 3 last night and almost got the 4th but Mercy managed to retreat onto another player just in time :(

Also managed to get 100% kill participation on Nepal. Never thought that was even possible.

antitrop

If my teammates won't protect me when I'm playing Mercy, then I switch to Lucio and just protect myself.

That's the thing with mercy, if there's no one to fly to, she's fucked. At least Lucio can wallgrind and bounce people away from him when he's by himself.

Jellie

Just looking at my stats on Overbuff and just look at the difference when I play with a party

and without a party:

I do tend to die a lot though in the party. The quality of the opposition is just so much higher but it's worth it because even when we lose, I know my team did the very best it could do. In solo queue, 90% of the time we lose, it's because no one gets on the fucking point lol.

Still haven't got the 4 kills with Dragon blade. Got 3 last night and almost got the 4th but Mercy managed to retreat onto another player just in time :(

Also managed to get 100% kill participation on Nepal. Never thought that was even possible.
I've just been losing constantly. No longer 70% win ratio on my main hero. :(

How can I get good with mccree (on console) Aim and damage is good according to overbuff but not getting the kills off.

Blues1990

Situational awareness is very important. Keep a mental record of enemy ults and stay back if you think they are about to use them. Look out for flankers from common routes and listen for footsteps. Don't feel forced to follow team members who overextend, that's on them. Often it's just as good to stay with the core of your team or in general characters who can protect you (Rein, Zarya).

H2K Esper showed off some MErcy plays in their newest video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVCOcFaTxR4&feature=youtu.be

A lot of playing Mercy is building ult, figuring who to hard pocket, then becoming solid snake and coordinating a big rez.

This is good advice. I didn't realize that Mercy has a GA reset on ult, for one. I'll definitely stick to the tanks or attack Heroes as Mercy.

If my teammates won't protect me when I'm playing Mercy, then I switch to Lucio and just protect myself.

That's the thing with mercy, if there's no one to fly to, she's fucked. At least Lucio can wallgrind and bounce people away from him when he's by himself.

As someone who has been playing a lot of Lucio and Zenyatta (and pretty much got sick of playing them), I wanted to try Mercy and get better with her, as she has an unique tool kit. But I agree, Lucio has better abilities to not only defend himself, but to escape if things get out of hand. I had a look at Ana, and she looks intimidating as hell to play.

Skii

How can I get good with mccree (on console) Aim and damage is good according to overbuff but not getting the kills off.

My win ratio with Reaper is 55% lol. What's your main hero? Lucio?

McCree is definitely a harder option on console because of the aiming. I think you just have to play it sneaky like Reaper a bit. You have less mobility but once you get high ground, you have the range to deal with anyone other than Widow/Hanzo.

Jellie

My win ratio with Reaper is 55% lol. What's your main hero? Lucio?

McCree is definitely a harder option on console because of the aiming. I think you just have to play it sneaky like Reaper a bit. You have less mobility but once you get high ground, you have the range to deal with anyone other than Widow/Hanzo.
Yeah Lucio. Probably high win rate as other teams in quick play don't bother with healers.

The aim is fine I think. Average accuracy is 40% which is probably good for console. It's the fact I die a lot (no mobility). Maybe I should fth more.

LiK

Good luck getting anyone to protect you when push comes to shove, though. :/

I never expect anyone to protect me as support. What I mean is, hope your teammates distract the other team so they don't focus on you if you're not in their line of sight.

KraytarJ

I never expect anyone to protect me as support. What I mean is, hope your teammates distract the other team so they don't focus on you if you're not in their line of sight.
I feel like a lot of people think of supports like in MOBAs where they're expendable and trades involving a support are almost always beneficial and don't stop to think how valuable they are here. Like supports are a jewel in Oberwatch, you gotta protect that shit or you're next.

antitrop

I hate it when people being overly toxic when there is no real need for the toxicity.

One guy bashed me for not healing even though I had like 9K healing by the end of the match.
I don't know why people even put a headset on in Quick Play. Nobody ever communicates, they just use it to berate teammates. But come on, it's fucking QP, there's no reason to even bother saying anything, it's just a dumb mode for messing around and learning champs.

I feel legit sad for anyone that plays QP with intent to win. It's more useful to just focus on how you can improve as a player until Competitive starts back up and the wins actually start mattering again.

Rad-

I checked your Overbuff and for one your deadeye kill count is pretty low. So either this could be because you don't get many deadeyes per match (in which case I'd start shooting headshots on tanks more to build it. Single shot headshots build ult much faster than fth) or you just execute them poorly (going high ground when you have your ult up is pretty important unless you want to use it just for pushing).

Though generally I think McCree is pretty hard to play in QP. He feels way more effective and "easier" in comp where your team actually plays more as a team and your lack of mobility isn't that big of a deal because you have your team mates helping. So even if you feel like you aren't doing great with him in QP you might do great with him in comp. My McCree QP vs comp stats are like night and day.

Jellie

I checked your Overbuff and for one your deadeye kill count is pretty low. So either this could be because you don't get many deadeyes per match (in which case I'd start shooting headshots on tanks more to build it. Single shot headshots build ult much faster than fth) or you just execute them poorly (going high ground when you have your ult up is pretty important unless you want to use it just for pushing).

Though generally I think McCree is pretty hard to play in QP. He feels way more effective and "easier" in comp where your team actually plays more as a team and your lack of mobility isn't that big of a deal because you have your team mates helping. So even if you feel like you aren't doing great with him in QP you might do great with him in comp. My McCree QP vs comp stats are like night and day.

I suck with it so I just tend to use it for zoning now. Probably better not to with how it's going to change to drainage.
Yeah I think I did much better with him when playing with other gaffers. Usually because we had a reinhardt shield for me to hind behind.

NeoRaider

^ Great. When activating your Ulti like this, without flying they usually have little more time to escape it but lucky for you they didn't. :)

Am i the only one who never saw D.Va's POTG that is not Ultimate??

Pachimari

It feels bad when I shot four opponents straight, and got a 10-kill streak as Soldier 76 and didn't get a PotG or even nominated for voting. I guess my team members did something better.

Crzy1

Have so many coins at this point, never thought I'd collect so many. Wish they'd go ahead and at least roll out the new emotes so I'd have something to spend then on.

xaosslug

^ Great. When activating your Ulti like this, without flying they usually have little more time to escape it but lucky for you they didn't. :)

Am i the only one who never saw D.Va's POTG that is not Ultimate??

yeah, it was surprising that I got any (well, more than one at least) kills off that. I was mainly trying to get them off the payload so time would expire. LOL

i've gotten a few w/o ult, usually on KotH maps. I'll try upload one next time I get one. :D

Did you get the trophy for 4 kills with the ult or did you kill pharah with your gun instead?

i got that ages ago. I killed the ulting Pharah w/ a pistol whip, that's the main reason why I <3 this PotG and wanted to upload/share it. xD

Defuser

Man NIP screwed up against Reunited with their 3 tanks 2 support and Ana lol. This kind of comp imo works on payload but not on Hanamura point B.

KiraFA37

Oh god, just had a match where 3 on our team went Reinhardt, one Anna, me as Zenyatta and ofcourse the lone Hanzo on Numbani attack. It was.... Glorious to say the least, we won.

Jellie

i got that ages ago. I killed the ulting Pharah w/ a pistol whip, that's the main reason why I <3 this PotG and wanted to upload/share it. xD

Still don't have it myself. Everytime I play with my girlfriend she gets a quad or more with it and I'm like what how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom