• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends and I were curious about going to the Overwatch Open finals in September since we live pretty close but I can't seem to find any details on tickets. Does anyone know where I can learn more?

xaosslug

Still don't have it myself. Everytime I play with my girlfriend she gets a quad or more with it and I'm like what how?

yeah, my best advice would be don't overthink it. :) Some of my most epic/hilarious PotG/multi-kills were a surprise moment. Like this one time ages ago playing Junkrat and standing on a building in Ilios I got a quintuple kill when most of the enemy team were huddled together and surprised/scared me in an alleyway below, and I immediately reacted by blowing up the tire. xD

Jellie

yeah, my best advice would be don't overthink it. :) Some of my most epic/hilarious PotG/multi-kills were a surprise moment. Like this one time ages ago playing Junkrat and standing on a building in Ilios I got a quintuple kill when most of the enemy team were huddled together and surprised/scared me in an alleyway below, and I immediately reacted by blowing up the tire. xD
Got a quad kill with junkrats once
if killing yourself counts as a kill...

Most I've ever gotten is 5 I think and that only ever happens with zarya.

Thanks for the answers. How was the competitive mode community? I liked Overwatch when I played it and the community was really nice when it was all quick play. (PS4)
Depends on your rank.

It seems that below 50 you get the REALLY bad players and the most toxic. The higher you get though, the nicer and better the players you run into get. Plus the gaffers here on PS4 are pretty chill, so you won't have any trouble with them.

xaosslug

tfw you're D.Va w/o her mecha, and in a room with enemy S76/Mercy/McCree, and S76 runs away because you've killed him 3 times before (w/o ur mecha xD) and the battle w/ M&M goes on until McCree's flashbang cools down and he uses that to take you out. muhahaha!

i got 5 as Genji once. I saved that PotG, maybe, I'll upload it laterz. LOL

antitrop

My Junk tire quad was rather mundane. I just walked it straight up the middle and through a Reinhardt shield and that was the end of it.

Please, they won't delete the character that most angsty teens would play as.

Delete Mei.

TZPR0WX.jpg

$10,000 Itchy & Scratchy Dollars say that Mei is getting a Devil costume for Halloween.

Blues1990

I'm having a problem redeeming my pre-order code for Widow Maker's Noire skin. I looked at Customer Support and the Battle.net customer support forums, but there doesn't seem to be anything that helps my issue. I entered the code correctly, but I keep getting error after error.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
STOP TRYING TO DELETE STUFF FROM THIS ALREADY BARE BONES GAME WTF
1.05cu6c.png

Azoor

Just got Overwatch on PS4 last night. Recommended beginner characters? I've been playing soldier, reaper, and bastion.

Winston doesn't require aiming and generally useful character to most teams. I suggest using it. Reinhardt is mostly easy character to learn as well.

Here is a Youtube playlist which teaches you how to play all the characters https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZVkseJlphu-g76IDcatw12i0lWLkDjR3

Sadly I play it on PC and not PS4, Otherwise I would have been more than happy to help you out.

Beckx

Is there something new on PTR? Just had a match where someone left after the match started (doors opened, combat had been going for a minute) and it cancelled the match entirely.

Is there something new on PTR? Just had a match where someone left after the match started (doors opened, combat had been going for a minute) and it cancelled the match entirely.
I'm pretty sure that's not new, but I could be wrong.

I think it's dumb that the match can still cancel after its already started. It doesn't even give the guy a chance to join back in because he might have DCed. They should just do the usual 60 second timer, and if the guy hasn't rejoined by then, then the match should cancel. Both teams should also get a nice sum of XP so that it wasn't a total waste of time.

Squire

Banned
Feeling kinda zzz on OW atm. No new content on live to mess with, nothing interesting happening with the ARG, no comp mode to grind away at, etc

Still loving the game and watching tournaments, but the amount of time it is taking to do this patch cycle is way too long :T

It's taking surprisingly long. Current patch has been on PTR for what, two weeks now? I might just chill on it until season 2 starts. Playing with friends is still OK, but even that dies t help much with his shit QP is right now.

LiK

It's taking surprisingly long. Current patch has been on PTR for what, two weeks now? I might just chill on it until season 2 starts. Playing with friends is still OK, but even that dies t help much with his shit QP is right now.

yup, i was hoping to go for more trophies in QP but too many people stacking tanks up the ass for me to even try. might have better luck just getting it in Comp from normal play lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom