• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Symmetra ideas to make her more viable:

E
Possibly OP version:
Replace 'E' ability with a mobile team shield that she can generate on cool down. The shield would surround Symmetra so she has to actively protect her team with it. She could also use the shield as a buffer for engaging the opposition or possibly cancelling ults.

Reasonable version:
Replace 'E' ability with a stationary shield that she can place somewhere like Mei's ice wall or Winston's bubble.

OR

Allow the shields to scale with HP, increase the range in which they can be applied, and apply them automatically to players passing through the teleporter.

Teleporter
Make the teleporter invisible to the opposing team (or just show the base) unless within 'x' meters range, meaning enemy players must be close to the teleporter to have complete visibility of it.

Buff the teleporter HP a bit so it's not so quickly destroyed.

Refund ULT based on how many charges left on teleporter when destroyed.

Turrets
Possibly OP Version:
Give Symmetra a 'SHIFT' ability to switch turrets from damage to healing or allow them to automatically heal teammates while automatically damaging enemies. Let the turrets stack healing in the same way they stack damage - 6 turrets could possibly heal at a rate equivalent to Mercy or Lucio amped healing.

Reasonable Version:
Give all 6 turrets at once instead of 3 and increase the rate at which turrets are available once used.

Alternate Fire (M2)
Possibly OP version:
Allow the charged shot to be held until released instead of releasing it automatically and increase the projectile speed.

Reasonable Version:
Increase the projectile speed and let it continue to be charged and fired automatically. Having to recharge every time a projectile is fired is annoying.

Oh geez that's a nasty nerf. Sorry console players, I can understand if she's not a worthy pick for you then. Her turrets being crap really must suck.

Hopefully they buff her to respectable levels. She feels great on PC, though she could still use some work.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is there any benefit buying it on battle.net over from a retailer?
$40 digital version is exclusive to Battle.net

Retailers only carry the physical $60 Origins edition which gives you a key to redeem the game on Battle.net and some extra skins.

Rad-

Finally gotten some Ana playtime and she is easily the most fun healer but man there are so many situations where your ally dies because when you try to heal him some other ally just runs between you two lol. I really wish Ana's weapon would go through full health allies.

LiK

Oh geez that's a nasty nerf. Sorry console players, I can understand if she's not a worthy pick for you then. Her turrets being crap really must suck.

Hopefully they buff her to respectable levels. She feels great on PC, though she could still use some work.

Yea, her turrets basically scratch your back. But good Symm players have been clustering them in threes and putting them in very unusual locations which sometimes surprise me and might kill me as I rush in. So not entirely a loss but you def need to be more creative with placements.

I think I'm very slowly shifting from a Pharah main to an Ana main. I definitely tend to win more games as Ana and becoming really effective at landing sleep darts on targets when needed.

Her kit is quite versatile, definitely find it easier to deal with more situations as her than as pharah, mostly due to sleep dart

At least you're staying in the family.

At the post saying to increase the speed of the orbs for Symmetra: NO. That's surprisingly the best part of her orbs, that they're so slow. They're not meant to be shooty bang fires, they're meant to zone and lockdown sightlines. Speeding them up would be a huge nerf and change her playstyle completely.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
*checks amomentincrime.com*

*still at 5%*

winston_prezentacje_pkupst.gif

Just refreshed and got this WTF

2016-08-2622_23_00-mozvqtj.png

play in GAF group and prepare to actually work for a win.
You and I have played together a decent amount. I'm Dakarzero.

I also don't want my teammates to get frustrated with me because my skill level is not nearly as high as theirs and am a drag to the team.

LiK

I also don't want my teammates to get frustrated with me because my skill level is not nearly as high as theirs and am a drag to the team.

Oh hey, it's you. Yea, but we have fun. I don't really play too seriously in QP unless people start bumming out from losing. Then I pull out my Junkrat and hope we can catch up. Doesn't work all the time lol

Trey

At the post saying to increase the speed of the orbs for Symmetra: NO. That's surprisingly the best part of her orbs, that they're so slow. They're not meant to be shooty bang fires, they're meant to zone and lockdown sightlines. Speeding them up would be a huge nerf and change her playstyle completely.

No increase her orb speed. They don't lockdown a thing as is aside from a camping Reinshield lmao

Rad-

Don't worry about things like that. It's just about fun in the end.

Facing those guys was a bit of a bad luck. I have two of them in my friends list and they are indeed really good players. Both top 500 and they generally group up with other similar level players so I wouldn't be shocked if the whole team was top 500... Though I think we could have beaten them if gone serious. :p

No increase her orb speed. They don't lockdown a thing as is aside from a camping Reinshield lmao
Nah her orbs are in a pretty good spot. They are very good and can be a nuisance to the other team. Her weapon is the one thing that doesn't need a change. Everything else needs something though.

Oh hey, it's you. Yea, but we have fun. I don't really play too seriously in QP unless people start bumming out from losing. Then I pull out my Junkrat and hope we can catch up. Doesn't work all the time lol
Oh I have fun with you. But trust me, we haven't faced what I saw today with other gaffers.

Finally gotten some Ana playtime and she is easily the most fun healer but man there are so many situations where your ally dies because when you try to heal him some other ally just runs between you two lol. I really wish Ana's weapon would go through full health allies.

Honestly piercing heals/fires would be a great buff and make Ana insanely good on Attack teams since teammates tend to cluster together anyways.

I mean, if you're spamming them in the same spot obviously not, that's exactly what you're NOT supposed to do as Symmetra and is the sign of a bad Sym player. I usually strafe around a choke and fire a full burst and some smaller, uncharged bursts in an unpredictable pattern and at different locations so they're not clustered shots in the same area. Almost always disrupts a solid push and makes teams really scatter about for your team to handle.
The uncharged bursts really help a lot, surprisingly. Even if they don't do the highest damage in the world, I usually get some characters picked off by them while peeking or strafing around just because they make it so hard to maneuver a choke point/defense line.

Some Symmetra ideas to make her more viable:

E
Possibly OP version:
Replace 'E' ability with a mobile team shield that she can generate on cool down. The shield would surround Symmetra so she has to actively protect her team with it. She could also use the shield as a buffer for engaging the opposition or possibly cancelling ults.

Reasonable version:
Replace 'E' ability with a stationary shield that she can place somewhere like Mei's ice wall or Winston's bubble.

OR

Allow the shields to scale with HP, increase the range in which they can be applied, and apply them automatically to players passing through the teleporter.

Teleporter
Make the teleporter invisible to the opposing team (or just show the base) unless within 'x' meters range, meaning enemy players must be close to the teleporter to have complete visibility of it.

Buff the teleporter HP a bit so it's not so quickly destroyed.

Refund ULT based on how many charges left on teleporter when destroyed.

Turrets
Possibly OP Version:
Give Symmetra a 'SHIFT' ability to switch turrets from damage to healing or allow them to automatically heal teammates while automatically damaging enemies. Let the turrets stack healing in the same way they stack damage - 6 turrets could possibly heal at a rate equivalent to Mercy or Lucio amped healing.

Reasonable Version:
Give all 6 turrets at once instead of 3 and increase the rate at which turrets are available once used.

Alternate Fire (M2)
Possibly OP version:
Allow the charged shot to be held until released instead of releasing it automatically and increase the projectile speed.

Reasonable Version:
Increase the projectile speed and let it continue to be charged and fired automatically. Having to recharge every time a projectile is fired is annoying.

I like the idea of essentially giving her a placable Reinhardt shield, though the timers (duration and cooldown) would need to be managed carefully. Ditto the strength.

Healing turrets would be cool, though. What might work better is giving her an expanded pool of, say, 8 turrets, and having her pick between healing and damage at placement.

Eh, I mostly like where her orbs are at. Maybe link the movespeed to the size, so smaller ones go faster, but other than that...

Oh I have fun with you. But trust me, we haven't faced what I saw today with other gaffers.
Yeah there was some rough games. The annoying Torb stack, annoying Mei stack, going up against really good teams. I was just playing like crap and decided today wasn't my day to play Overwatch.

Sn4ke_911

New clue!

Parece que se están calentando un poco las cosas... tendré que pasar desapercibida mientras esto se finaliza.

Google translate:

It seems that are heating things up ... I'll have to go unnoticed while this is finished.

darklin0

Banned
New clue!

Parece que se están calentando un poco las cosas... tendré que pasar desapercibida mientras esto se finaliza.

Google translate:

It seems that are heating things up ... I'll have to go unnoticed while this is finished.

Sombra in December confirmed!!!

Trey

Nah her orbs are in a pretty good spot. They are very good and can be a nuisance to the other team. Her weapon is the one thing that doesn't need a change. Everything else needs something though.

I disageee. Increase her orb speed.

I mean, if you're spamming them in the same spot obviously not, that's exactly what you're NOT supposed to do as Symmetra and is the sign of a bad Sym player. I usually strafe around a choke and fire a full burst and some smaller, uncharged bursts in an unpredictable pattern and at different locations so they're not clustered shots in the same area. Almost always disrupts a solid push and makes teams really scatter about for your team to handle.
The uncharged bursts really help a lot, surprisingly. Even if they don't do the highest damage in the world, I usually get some characters picked off by them while peeking or strafing around just because they make it so hard to maneuver a choke point/defense line.

Spamming her orbs at chokes is the exact reason they need to move faster. It's either that, or increase the RoF.

I prefer orb speed as a solution because it helps her midrange game some as well.

Sn4ke_911

WTF, everytime i refresh it switches between 5.5814% and 5.5852%

The fuck is happening??

Now it stopped

Now we at 5.5890%

Nazo

New clue!

Google translate:

Sounds like she's going into hiding, so that probably means no more puzzles and the end of the ARG. Bummer :(

At least that's what it sounds like to me. Hope I'm wrong.

Honestly all I think she would really need to increase Symmetra's overall usefulness is to give her shields some easy to see indicators of who has them on (seriously this annoys me the most, it's so difficult to tell who has them activated) and perhaps a boost to their strength. Them adding a Teleport usage indicator for the team is a good first step to making her QoL a bit better.

40/50 HP wouldn't be too bad, though they should test it since it could be OP on certain characters like Tracer. Her support function should have more obvious impact than it currently has because so far she seems more like Defense to most people than Support which is just poor design.

Building Ult with her teleport up would be very nice but COULD be overpowered without proper testing, so percentage recovery based on uses left would be a good medium. So far there is really a lot of risk in placing a teleporter, though that's the point I suppose.

Also regarding the orb speed: it's also the main thing differentiating her from the rest of the cast as well. It's really fine where it is, her mid range game isn't supposed to be the best. She has to have SOME weaknesses. Her other traits need fixing rather than her fire and damage.

Ramirez

I think her turret placement mechanic is her biggest fault. Once they're down, you're basically not getting them set back up in the current fight, and you're essentially worthless.

If you buff the ult speed or TP, she'll just become an essential character.

You be a drag for the team. I'll be a letdown.

Together, we'll bring balance to Overwatch, peace to Earth.

Nazo

Honestly all I think she would really need to increase Symmetra's overall usefulness is to give her shields some easy to see indicators of who has them on (seriously this annoys me the most, it's so difficult to tell who has them activated).

It seems like a really easy fix. Symmetra should see little blue shield icons that floats above their health bar/arrow above their head if they have your shield. If not, they don't have one. Simple.

It seems like a really easy fix. Symmetra should see little blue shield icons that floats above their health bar/arrow above their head if they have your shield. If not, they don't have one. Simple.

That's why it's so obnoxious that such an easy fix hasn't happened yet. :p

Get on it Blizzard!

EDIT: Oh god I forgot about her turret cooldown. Seriously, what the hell is up with it. It's so god damn slow, I would love them to speed it up, if even a little bit. It's like 5 seconds for a turret, it's pathetic.

Trey

Or just have Symmetra passively give shields, and make her E something else.

R0ckman

Sym, like Torb, is a greedy pick.

It requires your team to be on point and for the other team to not get the picture until it's too late.

I love it when it works.

See now when I do it, my team feels as if I'm dead weight. They play better to make up for me.

I play decent, we all win. If I don't feel like Symm anymore, I switch and the team is still playing at 110% and we still win.

It's all part of the plan.

In competetive placements first season the few defense games, I ALWAYS got these guys who would refuse to switch out. Clearly we aren't choking, DROP sym, DROP Torb. But they just refuse its literally like being down a character only add a dummy that boosts enemy ult charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom