• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

EU GAFers can add me too on battle.net: Raider1988#21847
For both QP and Competitive.

I already have some of you on the friends list, but if you don't have me please add me. Thanks

Why do I still walk over Junkrat's after I kill them?

When will I learn?

Took me like 50 levels to realize that Junkrats grenades drops when he dies.
Took me another 25 levels to make the habit to avoid him when he dies
Took me another 25 levels to come to the realization of just fight junkrat at range or knock him off the map

So yeah, it may take you awhile

Mr. X

Sym's E should be a stationary healing dock that slowly heals like Lucio's passive healing but can be destroyed like her turrets and teleporter.

Unless you're Red Arremer and play with Raider once to show how terrible you are so you never play with Raider again. :,(

2016-08-2622_23_00-mozvqtj.png

They're just fucking with us now, lol.

NeoRaider

I can't believe that they will continue with this BS until November like some ppl are saying. Lmao

At least give us another hero before that or better new mode.

Azoor

I can't believe that they will continue with this BS until November like some ppl are saying. Lmao

At least give us another hero before that or better new mode.

Just remember that we just got Ana last month, I don't think they intend on introducing a new hero every month. They'll give us the new map in September and leave Sombra for October or November me thinks.

Odrion

Banned
It seems like a really easy fix. Symmetra should see little blue shield icons that floats above their health bar/arrow above their head if they have your shield. If not, they don't have one. Simple.

The easy fix is to just make it a passive that activates on the whole team when you pick her.

ISOM

Just remember that we just got Ana last month, I don't think they intend on introducing a new hero every month. They'll give us the new map in September and leave Sombra for October or November me thinks.

People wasting their times looking for Sombra hints have been played like a damn fiddle.

LiK

Reaper Waste Not trophy is impossible with these guys stacking tanks. Might try other characters today instead.

People wasting their times looking for Sombra hints have been played like a damn fiddle.

Clues leading to clues which lead to clues makes me believe they're not ready to announce. The last clue basically reads "you guys are getting to close, I'm going to have to lay low for awhile". Thinking this logically, they'll release her one by of these days:

9/23
10/23
11/1 (Day of the dead - Mexican holiday)

I'm really hoping I'm wrong on those last two dates.

I don't normally post things like this, but I was bored at work today and came up with a workable moveset for a theoretical Doomfist. In my mind he's about the size of Reinhardt, he has one awesome glove/fist on his right hand, and he has a device/pack on his back. Obviously a tank character.

Primary Attack - Melee jab for 50 damage. If you hold it down you do a three-hit combo that ends with an uppercut that has minor knockback. All hits do 50 damage so if you get three direct hits you can kill a Tracer with one combo. Would swing slightly faster than Reinhardt's hammer, with a minor delay (1s?) between an uppercut and the next jab.
Secondary Attack - You can aim and shoot your fist as a projectile to mid-range. Can be charged like the Symmetra laser, does a base 50 damage uncharged and can do up to 100 damage fully charged. Fully charged attack has medium knockback if it hits anyone.
Skill #1 - A Lariat attack, similar to Zangief in Street Fighter. Lariat lasts for 2s, does 25 damage per hit and has medium knockback. 8s cooldown. You have minor mobility during it, similar to Reaper's Death Blossom and camera zooms out for control just like Reaper.
Skill #2 - Turbocharge. The pack on his back lets you boost yourself, giving you +50% to speed and a double jump for 5s. 15s cooldown. This is primarily for mobility purposes. (I considered the Turbocharge also either giving him wall-climb ability or restoring some bit of health, but feel like that would make him too powerful.)
Ult - Dive bomb attack, similar to Delsin's Orbital Drop attack in Infamous: Second Son. Using the turbo pack, you'd boost yourself into the air a ways, then there would be a slight hover delay (1.5s?) where you could have minor aiming capability as to where you would land, then you dive bomb and do a ground pound attack. The main hitbox (direct hit) would do 400 damage and smush all but the heartiest tanks, then a small radius outside the hitbox does 100 damage and has major knockback.

Ideally this character is designed as a direct attack sort of tank, similar to Winston where you would rush in and disrupt the enemy. He has the most knockback abilities of any character so he'd be good for KOTH maps with pits. His turbocharge gives him a way to get in and disrupt the line, but because of the long cooldown he isn't used exactly like Winston who can jump in, disrupt, and jump back out again pretty safely. Either you use the charge to break the line and get into a position to do a healthy bit of damage, or you use the charge to boost yourself out of a sticky situation. He's not a hit-and-run character like D.Va or Winston, but more of a linebacker to Reinhardt's lineman. He'd definitely be more of an offensive tank instead of defensive, though, and better used to be paired with a second tank in the match as well.

His HP would be 500, with 250 regular and 250 shields. I was initially thinking a 200/300 split between regular and armor, but I think since he doesn't have a defensive capability like most other tanks, it's important to have some regenerating health so I would go with shields over armor.

Anyway, I've thought way way way too much about this (it was a boring day at work) so I figured I'd share just because why not. Keep this for posterity and compare it to the real Doomfist whenever it comes.

Prelude.

Who posted their EU Battle.net account before in the last few weeks, btw? I wanted to add some people but I forgot.

I already have some of you on the friends list, but if you don't have me please add me. Thanks
Added. Not now, though. My last game startet lagging up like crazy for no reason.

Well we know that they're working on 3-4 characters, among other things, and we can also be fairly certain that they've been working on these heroes for longer than since Ana's release as well. Remember that in the beta they released 3 heroes at once, and after the player feedback was that this was a content overload, they decided to stagger hero releases instead.

Personally, my content prediction for the rest of the year:
- Eichenwalde (and S2) for early September
- Sombra for late September/early October
- Halloween cosmetics for mid to late October
- Liao in early November to tie in with the graphic novel (+ perfectly timed reveal at Blizzcon)
- Another map/mode, S3 and X-Mas cosmetics in December

They might have something additional on top of this, but I feel like this is a reasonable pace of content to expect for the rest of the year. That said, I'd love to be wrong in the sense of lowballing their release schedule.

Anne

Got a new mousepad anyways. Turns out the surface of my other one doesn't agree with a lighter mouse.

I keep under/over shooting my flicks just enough to throw me off while I get used to this ;w;

Beckx

soldier 76, why, oh why, would you rush past my reinhardt to ult, and die with no kills when you could have been safely behind my shield?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Clues leading to clues which lead to clues makes me believe they're not ready to announce. The last clue basically reads "you guys are getting to close, I'm going to have to lay low for awhile". Thinking this logically, they'll release her one by of these days:

9/23
10/23
11/1 (Day of the dead - Mexican holiday)

I'm really hoping I'm wrong on those last two dates.
Why not release on Halloween?

Why not release on Halloween?

All signs suggest she's of Mexican descent, why release on an American holiday when the time difference is literally just a 24 hour difference from the Mexican holiday? Blizzard is all about getting the small details right (or at least the ones they care about).

Edit: I should note that I'm talking about her live release, not when she hits PTR. She'll hit PTR 1-2 weeks earlier than her actual release date. Similar to how Ana got released.

LiK

Probably need to avoid playing with groups if I wanna try getting trophies. Keep getting matched up against other groups who actually care about winning.

R0ckman

Looks like the placement system is still too bias to DPS, might not bother with season 2 unless they address. Played Rein most of the matches, won most blocking over 10,000 dying once out of those situations I played him and still ended up in getting about in the 40s high silver, basically in a place where people are not using basic strategies but not terrible at the game mechanically. But I have no choice, the average player does not choose those classes and if you force someone who mostly plays DPS to play something else it doesnt turn out well. Comp crashed during one of my matches I wonder if that screwed me, but that was going to be a loss anyway.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Looks like the placement system is still too bias to DPS, might not bother with season 2 unless they address. Played Rein most of the matches, won most blocking over 10,000 dying once out of those situations I played him and still ended up in getting about in the 40s high silver, basically in a place where people are not using basic strategies but not terrible at the game mechanically. But I have no choice, the average player does not choose those classes and if you force someone who mostly plays DPS to play something else it doesnt turn out well. Comp crashed during one of my matches I wonder if that screwed me, but that was going to be a loss anyway.

You have to play really aggressively I think, since the system looks at the average stats for that hero or something. Even though Rein's probably my best hero, I stopped playing him almost completely in comp because I had way more success as Roadhog.

ohkay

I'd say Reinhardt would be a hard character to place anyway. How do you measure his effectiveness? Just because you blocked a lot of incoming damage doesn't necessarily mean you helped your team (not saying you specifically didn't, just speaking in general). I think blizzard is in a tricky situation with non DPS class usefulness in a game, since if a DPS is killing a lot, doing a lot of damage, and not dying much then they're probably being useful. For tanks and supports it's a tougher problem to solve

I can't wait for non PTR people to find out how insane genji pubstomps even after the nerf.
Well a good Genji is going to do good no matter how much you nerf them because they are masters at that character. You could say at for every character in the game. Doesn't mean all the nerfs should've happened. The triple jump nerf was beyond dumb.

R0ckman

I'd say Reinhardt would be a hard character to place anyway. How do you measure his effectiveness? Just because you blocked a lot of incoming damage doesn't necessarily mean you helped your team (not saying you specifically didn't, just speaking in general). I think blizzard is in a tricky situation with non DPS class usefulness in a game, since if a DPS is killing a lot, doing a lot of damage, and not dying much then they're probably being useful. For tanks and supports it's a tougher problem to solve

Good point, I'll have to go hog then when this goes live, I'm decent with him. But my PTR is busted I played that first match after placements and got a Honzo on attack for KotH, and no he did not contest. The rest of the team played chicken outside of the point, I got yelled at for using Tracer and getting gold on the objective having to fight the whole enemy team by myself, a Zen and Lucio with bad awareness... yeah I'm not playing in this.

You have to play really aggressively I think, since the system looks at the average stats for that hero or something. Even though Rein's probably my best hero, I stopped playing him almost completely in comp because I had way more success as Roadhog.

Thanks for the warning by the way. I'm going to master hog, most of my friends list is full of players who can barely do anything but DPS.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tbf if there's a Hanzo on koth contesting in the point is like the worst position for him to contribute in.

Then again i wouldn't use Hanzo for koth.

DevilDog

Did he? My experience is that he's pretty neutered honestly.

Same with speedboost.

On pubs he is, on top level im guessed he is nothing but a support ult bait.

Well a good Genji is going to do good no matter how much you nerf them because they are masters at that character. You could say at for every character in the game. Doesn't mean all the nerfs should've happened. The triple jump nerf was beyond dumb.

My point is that his nerfs to his ultimate and his triple jump only hurt him on the highest competitive level, on pubs he still destroys.

His ult nerf was deserved imo, but as you said not the triple jump.

Is this because of the projectile hit of change?

I'ts because nerfing his triple jump and ultimate by 2 seconds, doesn't change the fact he is a great pubstomper.

My guess is that genjis will harvest tears on ranks below 60 (season 1).

Also after extensively playing the new map, I can say its now one of my favorites. Except from 1 choke on the map you are in for a treat.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

This is one of the reasons I think having a system based solely on wins and losses would be good. Individual performance is just too hard to gauge.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm on gold tier currently on ptr and was playing 40-50 last season and honestly he's not that big of a deal.

You got to remember that we're also playing against 40-50 genjis. :p

Most of them still don't know how to ult and get consistent picks. They might get 3 occasionally but they often ult in situations that allows the other team to focus them down.

I feel like the genjis who are actually trouble would be in the 60s-70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom