• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

It's sucks to see that some heroes are barely getting POTG. Even if you or someone else is really great with them, Junkrat, Bastion, Reaper, D.Va, McCree and Pharah usually take their spot.

Blues1990

It's sucks to see that some heroes are barely getting POTG. Even if you or someone else is really great with them, Junkrat, Bastion, Reaper, D.Va, McCree and Pharah usually take their spot.
That is IF you see Pharah at all. With the exception of this week's brawl, I'm starting to see her less & less in most of the games I have played.

But I agree. As someone who mainly plays the Tank & Support Heroes, it's frustrating to see a POTG given to someone who did jack squat during the match, especially when I see players on both sides doing some crazy shit.

ramyeon

I wish the matchmaker would place me with people who actually know how to play this game.

Just rage quit out of my first game in ages as everyone just wanted to play Bastion and 76 instead of going healer and it was just miserable.

I seriously fucking hate QP.

Edit: people think their 6 man Reinhardt team is cute but it just ruins it for people who want to play a proper game ffs.

Blues1990

I wish the matchmaker would place me with people who actually know how to play this game.

Just rage quit out of my first game in ages as everyone just wanted to play Bastion and 76 instead of going healer and it was just miserable.

For me, once Season 2 starts, I'm going to stick with teams on the NeoGAF forums that know their stuff and play at a competent level. I have a low tolerance towards players that do dumb shit, or play certain heroes and do jack all, and will let their teammates do the heavy lifting.

zoukka

Quick match is hell and the players acknowledge it. If you try to give advice, everyone just goes "it's quick match, who cares".

Well there's no alternative -.-

Why does it feel like I'm the only one switching characters on my team? I swear half the time I have most of the gold medals because people just want to use their main.

The problem with matchmaking in this game is simple. Someone might be a Diamond level Reaper, but a Bronze level D.va. And sometimes you just want to play something different, or Reaper is already taken, or something to that effect. And suddenly a game that the matchmaker thinks should be even is completely lopsided.

Anne

PC started dying on me so I can't run Overwatch at the settings I'm used to right now :T

Got a new build coming Wednesday but I might just barely play until then cause this is rough for me ;w;

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I played a couple games with Ana for the first time. She's fun! You'll never get any glory, though, I suspect.

I played a couple games with Ana for the first time. She's fun! You'll never get any glory, though, I suspect.

I got POTG once because I grenaded four enemies that were caught in a graviton surge and all four ended up dying nearly immediately. Doubt it was all me but I got the credit. Also had a 15-0 defense of Volskaya that got me an epic card for kill streak, but yeah. Most of the time Ana is the background warrior.

R0ckman

Edit: people think their 6 man Reinhardt team is cute but it just ruins it for people who want to play a proper game ffs.

I agree with you BUT I did play a all McCree vs all McCree payload and that was pretty damn fun actually. A bit scary too.

Blues1990

I tried out the Season 2 thing on the PTR, and I lost every single match, with healing 19,000-25,000 health as Lucio & POTG in half of them.

...WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?!

hydruxo

When your team has two Widowmakers on Lijiang Tower and they refuse to switch for the entire match

Jesus christ Season 2 can't come any sooner

Pepiope

It really sucks that there isn't a ranked mode. At least have a ranked playlist that doesn't actually count until season 2 is ready.

Prelude.

I wonder what the numbers are looking like currently.
Competitive is missing, Quick Play is garbage, the Brawl is bad, some people switched to the PTR but a lot didn't because they lose exp/they're not from the US, the PTR buffs/nerf make some of the broken stuff on live even more annoying, etc.
There must have been a pretty big drop in users and playtime compared to just a few weeks ago.

zoukka

Competitive is missing, Quick Play is garbage, the Brawl is bad, some people switched to the PTR but a lot didn't because they lose exp/they're not from the US, the PTR buffs/nerf make some of the broken stuff on live even more annoying, etc.
There must have been a pretty big drop in users and playtime compared to just a few weeks ago.

Yep, it's crazy they think people have the patience to play QM, it's a shitfest.

antitrop

Double dipped on the PC version last night. Sucks to not have the 300 hours worth of my unlocks on PS4, but feels amazing to play with a mouse and keyboard.

av2k

Double dipped on the PC version last night. Sucks to not have the 300 hours worth of my unlocks on PS4, but feels amazing to play with a mouse and keyboard.

I think you're entitled to one character transfer from another console if I'm not mistaken. :)

Edit: Sorry, thought I was in the GTA online thread.

You had faith in your team. That was your biggest mistake.

Even if this isn't sarcasm, and I think it is, it's still kind of on the money.

Solo q can be painful as fuck at times. Playing Lucio through them is stacking the pain against yourself.

That's when I switch X to completely independent character, like Roadhog or D.Va. So when you see that it's going to be another 20k healing with fuck all to show for it, you cut that off early and play a character that has a chance at swinging things on its own. Because if you're healing those kind of numbers consistently and losing just as consistently, the teams you are getting paired with might as well go No Healer mode.

Staying power only matters if it's backed up with kills.

I think I've started getting used to being a solo healer Ana. It's actually a lot of work but entirely possible. It's probably a much more demanding job, but more fun in the end.

LiK

People will pick whatever in QP. That's just how it is. It's frustrating but you gotta remember that lots of guys are just fucking around if you solo q. if you wanna get some real matches going, better join up in a group. People actually pull out their golden gun heroes in groups. Saw more than one whenever I was playing in a group. I couldn't even enjoy fucking around myself.

Prelude.

People will pick whatever in QP. That's just how it is. It's frustrating but you gotta remember that lots of guys are just fucking around if you solo q. if you wanna get some real matches going, better join up in a group. People actually pull out their golden gun heroes in groups. Saw more than one whenever I was playing in a group. I couldn't even enjoy fucking around myself.
When I'm grouped up with a pre-made, they're usually the ones being cancer. Like ebin meme all Harambe/Toblerone group, playing on their own like a healer sticking only to his friends or just ignoring the rest of the comp by picking duplicates, or hanzo, widow, bastion on attack, stuff like that.

duckroll

I tried out the Season 2 thing on the PTR, and I lost every single match, with healing 19,000-25,000 health as Lucio & POTG in half of them.

Dude, are you max raging over.... PTR matches? It's PTR. The majority of the time, people are not 100% serious. If you're on PTR right now, there are only a few possible reasons:

- You want to check out the new map
- You want to check out the new skins and emotes
- You want to check out what Competitive Season 2 might be like

None of that prioritizes winning a match or trying particularly hard, because in the end none of it counts. The stats don't matter, the wins don't matter, nothing matters. It's a playground. Chill!

duckroll

The inability to carry over cosmetic unlocks between platforms is the biggest letdown so far.

Has Blizzard ever explained this? Are they really unable to allow console players to login to their Blizzard accounts and link the game? Having a unified account with unlocks and stats should be a no brainer.

Gurrry

I was playing almost every day when comp was out, but now I play maybe like 1-2 times a week now just to keep my skills fine tuned. QP is such garbage that I can barely handle long stretches of games.

I cant take QP seriously when A) people act like its competitive and cry if their team comp isnt meta, and B) you can have duplicate heroes.

Season 2 cant get here soon enough. I really hope the break between season 2 and 3 is not this long.

xaosslug

that seems like... a lot? Your team must have just been up against insane, damage-dealing odds. Or were these long-ass games? And were they close or were your teams just royally stomped? If they were close then I can't really see what you would be angry about if you played your best.

LiK

Has Blizzard ever explained this? Are they really unable to allow console players to login to their Blizzard accounts and link the game? Having a unified account with unlocks and stats should be a no brainer.

Accounts can be linked. Mine is for the bonuses for the other games on BNet. Yea, not sure why they don't allow it. I know a bunch of dudes who would easily double dip across platforms if they could carry over all the cosmetic unlocks without issues. My only guess is they want people to buy more loot boxes.

Dude, are you max raging over.... PTR matches? It's PTR. The majority of the time, people are not 100% serious. If you're on PTR right now, there are only a few possible reasons:

- You want to check out the new map
- You want to check out the new skins and emotes
- You want to check out what Competitive Season 2 might be like

None of that prioritizes winning a match or trying particularly hard, because in the end none of it counts. The stats don't matter, the wins don't matter, nothing matters. It's a playground. Chill!

Yea, I think getting mad in PTR is like getting mad in a Weekly Brawl. Nothing matters. Everyone is just playing for fun and not even worrying about winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom