• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my wins as Ana tend to be my sleep dart efficiency. Somehow I get the most clutch sleep dart shots when I need it. Like a genji leaping out of nowhere activating his ult and he gets darted. Or saving people that are trapped in a rein charge. Saving people from roadhogs hook. Things like that. They aren't much individually, but that little action saves one person, disables one enemy, and can usually tilt the whole engagement.

Azoor

It's funny how 1 hero limit has made my tolerance for stacking heroes so low now. Even a double hero stack is annoying in QP.

I fought a 4 Genji stack team yesterday. We won, but that doesn't mean the match wasn't annoying as hell.

Defuser

It's funny how 1 hero limit has made my tolerance for stacking heroes so low now. Even a double hero stack is annoying in QP.
Strangely enough I don't mind double soldier 76 because double soldier isn't exactly threatening yet can be effective.Goes to show how balanced and all rounder soldier is.

Azoor

Mercy's laugh emote really bothers me. She is a 37 years old doctor, why does she laugh like she is a little girl? It's almost as childish as D.va's laugh animation, but at least D.va IS a young girl.

Mercy's laugh emote really bothers me. She is a 37 years old doctor, why does she laugh like she is a little girl? It's almost as childish as D.va's laugh animation, but at least D.va IS a young girl.

It makes sense given how much effort she goes through just to appear way younger than she really is.

NimbusD

oh man, I feel so validated. Made it through placements in ptr and am platinum. First season, you guys may have seen my posts constantly complaining about being stuck in the 30s, being unable to claw my way out. I feel like I'm not going crazy that I actually know how to play this game.

Dear god please let this be representative of the real placements. The fact that I'll never drop lower is a gift from god.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
oh man, I feel so validated. Made it through placements in ptr and am platinum. First season, you guys may have seen my posts constantly complaining about being stuck in the 30s, being unable to claw my way out. I feel like I'm not going crazy that I actually know how to play this game.

Dear god please let this be representative of the real placements. The fact that I'll never drop lower is a gift from god.

It's hard to know really, because PTR is such a weird outlier in terms of the number of playerbase playing on it.

Antiwhippy

How many elims though? Or damage

I feel like kill participation is one of the more misleading stats if you don't account the context. Like if I got 50% kill participation out of 20 elims it just means my team is very bad at securing eliminations.

How many elims though? Or damage

I feel like kill participation is one of the more misleading stats if you don't account the context. Like if I got 50% kill participation out of 20 elims it just means my team is very bad at securing eliminations.
30 somethin. Gold damage.

Trust me, I was the only guy on the team worth a damn. That's not talking myself up, just a fact.

Uncle AJ

Man, you know which comp makes me glad stacking isn't in the game anymore? Double zarya.

Fuck double zarya.

Double Zarya + Double Lucio was the comp that signaled the beginning of the end for my team of local friends trying to treat this game at a serious/E-Sports level.

Antiwhippy

30 somethin. Gold damage.

Trust me, I was the only guy on the team worth a damn. That's not talking myself up, just a fact.

Nah that's what I'm saying though, if 30 elims netted you a 76% kill participation it means that your team's overall elimination is pretty low, so the loss is expected. Not you yourself, but just looking at that stat as the effectiveness of the team overall.

Nah that's what I'm saying though, if 30 elims netted you a 76% kill participation it means that your team's overall elimination is pretty low, so the loss is expected. Not you yourself, but just looking at that stat as the effectiveness of the team overall.
But... That's what I'm saying? My team sucked.

34 eliminations btw. And one of our dudes switched to Symmetra half way through the final round. It's okay to admit that I was the best player on the team, someone had to be.

Antiwhippy

But... That's what I'm saying? My team sucked.

34 eliminations btw. And one of our dudes switched to Symmetra half way through the final round. It's okay to admit that I was the best player on the team, someone had to be.

Haha alright fair enough. I think we're getting our wires crossed a bit.

I think I kinda conflated it with the "I got gold medals I should have won!" sort of posts around here.

Mercy's real voice creeps through with the "Piece of cake" voice line. Shit is deep as fuck

Been seeing a lot more Hanzos, and good ones lately. I have a bad feeling we'll be bitching more about them than Tracers in Season 2.

Double Genji is the epitome of hell (Til the nerf)

Just gotta have faith that Bliz will put in an Unranked mode soon. No more dupes..

Yeah, at the end of Season 2 they should introduce a 'preseason' playlist and have run under the proposed rules for Season 3. At least it'd provide a solace from stacking, if not a challenge for people who don't care for pubstomping.

ramyeon

76 on my team has his ultimate up and my Ana ult is up. Less than a minute on the clock, we need to get his payload to the checkpoint. I pop it on him and expect him to do the same. But of course he doesn't, he keeps saving his ult even up until Defeat flashes up on the screen. What's even the fucking point of QP?

NimbusD

It's hard to know really, because PTR is such a weird outlier in terms of the number of playerbase playing on it.

Yeah I know. My thinking is all the horrible dumb people who ruin games don't know enough about overwatch to actually make it over to the PTR, so I'm playing with more competent people. And tbh I can tell that I am most of the times playing with people who at least know the basics of the game.

I'm sure it'll be a shitshow in the real game, but at least i know the placement matches CAN get me much further up and don't rely on last season's score to place me.

Antiwhippy

76 on my team has his ultimate up and my Ana ult is up. Less than a minute on the clock, we need to get his payload to the checkpoint. I pop it on him and expect him to do the same. But of course he doesn't, he keeps saving his ult even up until Defeat flashes up on the screen. What's even the fucking point of QP?

Pain.

And suffering.

Greddleok

Is there a way to report people for griefing?

Had a Mei on my team who spent the whole time just putting up walls to block players returning from the spawn.

Antiwhippy

Is there a way to report people for griefing?

Had a Mei on my team who spent the whole time just putting up walls to block players returning from the spawn.

Go to your social tab. You should find a list of previously met players who you can report.

KiraFA37

Man, nobody wants to say hello on the weekends. :(

Greetings (I main Zenyatta)

Had some fun games last night really loved the one where our team went 6 Tracers on Dorado defense, it was destined to fail but we nearly won. Got some good Tracer practice out of it but I still can't seem to play her right, my aim isn't as good as it needs to be for tracking the targets at her speed.

Veelk

Banned

Mercy may be a middle aged woman, but she has the heart of a child. She keeps it in a jar on her mantelpiece.

Sayad

There's no way Devil Mercy is 37, NO WAY, LA LA Laa...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom