• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Just keep an eye on him and look towards the direction of his dumb loud footsteps, anyone that can shoot him from mid range can shut him down.

A good Reaper always disengages at anything mid range. If you can hear his foot steps, he's already too close. I think the best way to deal is to either just be a better player than the Reaper with a close range character, set traps, use discord orbs, McCree or just lucky head shots with Hanzo lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
76 feels amazing on PTR. Best he's ever felt. The mashing from before wasn't fun. It felt like exploiting(and I guess sort of was) now he just feels like the way he's supposed to. Probably gonna get a lot more play for me in Season 2.

LiK

Bad luck all the time. Third guy is usually a fatty so I can't get the trophy yet. Where all the squishes at

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think there's a big overlap between the weeb audience and the granny sniper audience.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like the only bad anas I've met are the ones that don't know they're a healer, and that's not even that common anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like the only bad anas I've met are the ones that don't know they're a healer, and that's not even that common anymore.

How much do you QP? Cause I feel like all the Anas I encounter are the ones that are only playing her because no one picked support and they want to be leet sniper regardless.

Crzy1

They attract a similar stigma of awfulness. except now hanzo has a higher chance to be accidentally good.
I don't see many bad Ana picks. I see very many bad Hanzo picks. Ana is tough to get right, but even if you're not the best, she's a decent healer. She's not really a character that gets chosen for mainly aesthetic reasons and Hanzo is a lot of the time.
Edit: Play on PC here, which could cause a disconnect in opinion.
Edit 2: I've also gone from rolling my eyes at an Ana pick to being optimistic because her ult is so damn powerful and she's the strongest single target healer currently.

Antiwhippy

How much do you QP? Cause I feel like all the Anas I encounter are the ones that are only playing her because no one picked support and they want to be leet sniper regardless.

I willingly played qp solo q even when there's ranked.

My opinion is unchanged.

why are people in solo queue quickplay so baffled by the concept of Reinhardt's shield? like, do they not understand you can shoot through it?

Had a total Death Blossom moment

d82.gif

and it was great.

Anne

I mean Im more pissed off by people that won't walk up with a Rein shield than those that can't figure out to poke through it. You don't pick Rein to stand still ;;

I willingly played qp solo q even when there's ranked.

My opinion is unchanged.
Agreed. If you have decent aim and understand the concept of Ana, she is one of the most useful heroes in the game. She can heal mates, heal herself, damage people fairly well, CC people, deny healing, deny ults, and has a game changing ult. I've been playing her a lot recently(PS4) and I've felt like I've been a huge factor in our win by switching between DPS and healing constantly, throwing sleep darts out, she is such a satisfying character.

Plus, she can turn the tide of a fight without even having to kill someone. Throw a sleep dart on someone and if no one shoots them, your team has a 6v5 advantage for 8 seconds. That can make a huge difference in turning he tide of the fight in your favor.

Honestly, Ana is quickly becoming one of my top 5 favorite heroes. There is just so much you can do with her and it feels good being one of the few good(or at least I consider myself a good Ana :p) Anas on console. I absolutely adore her play style. At this point, I'm starting to consider getting her golden gun next season and buying the Wasteland skin for her.

Antiwhippy

I mean Im more pissed off by people that won't walk up with a Rein shield than those that can't figure out to poke through it. You don't pick Rein to stand still ;;

This.

This so much.

They just stand still all day, wait till their shield breaks and suicide charge.

I've seen this waaaaaaaaay more than bad anas.

Anne

This.

This so much.

They just stand still all day, wait till their shield breaks and suicide charge.

I've seen this waaaaaaaaay more than bad anas.

Its awful :<

Like Rein stands around in a poke fight with his shield up and that's it. Anybody with a brain just uses LoS and safe poking until it breaks, then they go in. Gotta make something out of that 2k health shield.

darklin0

Banned

That feel when you want to team to push with you but they are all flapping about in the back chasing a Tracer. Then when you are at 600 shield left they finally group, the shield breaks instantly, they all yell you suck.

There is always 2 sides of the coin. Focus on how you can improve instead of getting mad.

Vire

I feel like you should banned from Overwatch if you see three other Genji's and you pick Genji.

I'm sorry but I just quit those games... I don't got time for this bullshit.

Otherwise, a fun day of games.

Antiwhippy

That feel when you want to team to push with you but they are all flapping about in the back chasing a Tracer. Then when you are at 600 shield left they finally group, the shield breaks instantly, they all yell you suck.

There is always 2 sides of the coin. Focus on how you can improve instead of getting mad.

Anne probably understand not to do that.

I'm talking about rein that stands at the chokepoint, whole team just futilely poking because they can't get into a better position. Sometimes I look at them and wave back forth to indicate "can we fucking go already?" That's not a 2 sides thing, that's just not understanding how to play rein at all.

Just popping in to say that Ana is still the best character of the roster. Landing her hip fire and being able to line up her sleep dart is invaluable. It's always hilarious coming across a Genji or Tracer who think I'm helpless and suddenly back the fuck up when I'm either putting them to sleep or I'm regularly landing shots and they're in a panic.

Also the best time I've ever had in Overwatch was putting a Genji that had been terrorizing us to sleep with my team surrounding him and they waiting until the tea was done and the cup was raised before slaughtering the poor fool.

Staying on the Ana topic. You wanna know the funniest thing that can happen in this game?

Walking around a corner and seeing a nano boosted Lucio. Always cracks me up because I'm thinking "somebody had to fuck something up in all that if he got it."

Although I can't imagine how even more hilarious a boosted Mercy would be.

darklin0

Banned
Anne probably understand not to do that.

I'm talking about rein that stands at the chokepoint, whole team just futilely poking because they can't get into a better position. Sometimes I look at them and wave back forth to indicate "can we fucking go already?" That's not a 2 sides thing, that's just not understanding how to play rein at all.
For sure. What I was trying to say, albeit a bit convoluted, is that sometimes we just need to stop focusing on people doing bad and try figuring out what we could do better in those situations.
In general I find the weekend crowd more way toxic then the week day one.

As you said, people are quicker to shit post and the solo ults are unreal.
8 am to 3 pm PST on weekdays. It is the golden time to play, all the children are forced to go to school and all that remains is pretty chill people.
Question for you guys, any particular place you go to for Overwatch phone wallpaper?
I usually just go to the OW fanart thread here on GAF and crop stuff.

10k heal as ana, 31% of damage taken.

We won but I felt like I was running around shooting headless chickens. Then again when you have a Dva and Winston leaping into the enemy all the time it feels like that.

R0ckman

I keep getting stuck in these groups (group up with one guy and get an overwatch stew group) on PC that cant play anything effectively but DPS and half baked healers. So I have to go Reinhardt and hope they don't leave me behind or alone, if they can play a tank its ALWAYS ****ing Dva only, it sucks because when I want to play attack and there is an off chance they switch they end up dying and switching back to an attack character. I'd rather gamble in solo queue.

Azoor

I keep getting stuck in these groups (group up with one guy and get an overwatch stew group) on PC that cant play anything effectively but DPS and half baked healers. So I have to go Reinhardt and hope they don't leave me behind or alone, if they can play a tank its ALWAYS ****ing Dva only, it sucks because when I want to play attack and there is an off chance they switch they end up dying and switching back to an attack character. I'd rather gamble in solo queue.

D.va can be a very effective tank though.

Azoor

Typically not by herself from the groups I've been in. And I KNOW Dva can be good, but not on a the teams I've been going into. Our chances of victory usually increase if I go Rein or Zarya.

To be fair, any character would be bad if the teams were as bad as you describe them to be.

But I agree that Reinhardt could be a lot more useful under certain circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom