• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Is season 2 rankings a straight x50 or is the bell curve more stretched out now.
Asking cos 4000 for highest rewards would be 80 which is much higher than the 65 from season 1.

I want the highest reward but can't get to 80 for sure

Satch

Banned
i think one of the things people just struggle with at mid/low levels of the game is simply going in when ur playing attack. like if someone on your team has gone in and drawn the attention of three enemy players, then the other five of you have a numbers advantage on the three that are still present and can make progress

Is season 2 rankings a straight x50 or is the bell curve more stretched out now.
Asking cos 4000 for highest rewards would be 80 which is much higher than the 65 from season 1.

I want the highest reward but can't get to 80 for sure

I think the idea was to spread it out but who knows how it will work out.

i think one of the things people just struggle with at mid/low levels of the game is simply going in when ur playing attack. like if someone on your team has gone in and drawn the attention of three enemy players, then the other five of you have a numbers advantage on the three that are still present and can make progress

Yup, there's a lot more than just knowing how to aim and kill. If you're not taking advantage of openings then you're doing worthless damage. Whats the point of kills and damage if you don't capitalize.

Ana might be a top 3 overall pick if you have to capture an objective point.

She might be my go to even when competitive starts.

I think Ana can be very useful in the current meta once people realize sleep dart and nanoboost are absurdly powerful. But there's no way she can be a solo healer easily. Ana + any support minus Sym can go a long way.

Skii

Tell me about it. Just now on Hollywood, there was a Roadhog in the choke point for the first point and I was doing everything to take him down as Genji whilst our Reinhardt had his shield up the entire time. He was under no immediate threat and has enough HP to tank a few hits before going back to his shield. We even had a Mercy ffs.

But yeah, as I like to play flankers, I do a good job of taking down 2 people defending whilst the rest of the team wait at the choke point but almost never do they realise the team has an advantage and push up. I'm literally left by myself to fight 4 players or worse, they take so long to push up, the players I've just killed have already made their way back from respawn.

WHEN IS BLIZZARD MAKING THE SAMUS ARAN PHARAH SKIN
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png

SHE EVEN HAS "YOU WANT ME TO MORPH INTO A BALL?" AS A VOICE LINE FUCKING BLIZZARD GIVE IT TO ME
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
Wear the copper colour scheme and pretend it's the dark suit from Echoes.

ohkay

I played a lot of games as lucio where as soon as I realized we had gotten a solid pick on the other team, I'd speed boost and go in, hoping my team would follow, only to die and realize no one had followed me

FHIZ

I haven't been able to connect on PS4 for the last two days, keep getting a BC-101 error. Restarted everything I possibly can. What gives, is there a DDOS or something going on?

EDIT: So, I think Adventure Capitalist screwed it up. I had been jumping centuries ahead via system clock and forgot to set it back after getting all the trophies. Reset it and now I can play Overwatch.

Long story short, apparently you can't login to Overwatch on the PS4 of your system clock is set to 2099. Huh.

skny

Do you guys think there will be a new batch of skins released before the end of season 2? I want to buy some but I don't know if I should wait or not. ( Other than new Reinhardt skins.)

JHall

Low to mid levels don't know when to retreat. A lot of them hold forward and don't think about the damage they are doing to their own team by feeding the other teams ults. Yeah, you might have delayed them from capping point A on Hollywood for an extra 15 secs but it does nothing to help your team.

The use of high ground is another big one that stands out to me. When I was soloing queuing through the 50's, not a single person uses the high ground advantage. It's been like that in every FPS ever made, if you have the high ground you have the advantage. Once I broke through in the 65 and up range, teams are always fighting for that particular advantage.

Blues1990

that seems like... a lot? Your team must have just been up against insane, damage-dealing odds. Or were these long-ass games? And were they close or were your teams just royally stomped? If they were close then I can't really see what you would be angry about if you played your best.

Yep, it was the former, & it's the reason why I lost my cool. Every match was a case of going against a barrage of heavy damage dealing teams, so not only were the matches lasted longer than they had any right to be, but my teammates got stomped in some form. We will do fine and win the first two rounds, but then the tables will turn and the opposing team will wreck our shit.

And it's hard to be happy if this will be a reflection of how the next season will turn out for me. Especially as I've been trying to not let things be a repeat for Season One for me.

This game in general just brings out bitchiness. I'm convinced for a lot of people it's a "I'm not confident enough in my actual life to be assertive so this game is a vent for my frustrations and insecurities" game.

The sound design in this game is so good. I don't know if it is the atmos technology or just blizzard wizardry but I can always tell where someone is just from the sound alone. I've been playing Bioshock lately and it is incredibly jarring how I hear someone right next to me when they're across the room. I know it's a 9 year old game but I thought it was interesting how much Overwatch conditioned me to trust sound cues.

So one thing I really don't like about the tournament casts is them almost always showing the perspective of one player, instead of using the camera to show the entire team fight. Like right now in the match of Rise Nation vs Complexity, they had PoV of Complexity's Genji because he was ulting, but Rise Nation's Reaper dropped a massive ult, and we saw nothing except for the killfeed.

Lose first round of KOTH.

Switch to Roadhog and utterly destroy the other team. 38-6 from that point on gold everything it was amazing. We came back to win.

Message from opponent:
'You must be the biggest fag i ever seen play'

'You mad?'

'You sucked! Kept hooking and healing like a bitch(???). Get better fag.'

Odrion

Banned
Ugh I got to wait another week minimum for season 2 and Genji nerfs. :|

Switch to Roadhog and utterly destroy the other team. 38-6 from that point on gold everything it was amazing. We came back to win.

Message from opponent:

'You mad?'

I played as a Roadhog against a premade group and dominated them all. I proceeded to get 8 commends and compliments from them!

exYle

Message from opponent:

'You mad?'

Batman 2 gud, pls nerf

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So one thing I really don't like about the tournament casts is them almost always showing the perspective of one player, instead of using the camera to show the entire team fight. Like right now in the match of Rise Nation vs Complexity, they had PoV of Complexity's Genji because he was ulting, but Rise Nation's Reaper dropped a massive ult, and we saw nothing except for the killfeed.
I think one of the biggest issues is how new the game is, so observers and casters are not very good at anticipating plays and catching all the action. It doesn't help that the current spec client is garbage too. Some UI/usability improvements, multiple observers (including an overhead view), and more experienced production will definitely help.

Compare that to the TF2 international event that just finished, where the production team has honed FPS casting to an art over the years. :X

LiK

only angry messages i get is when i won't switch to someone they want. fuck them, i ain't part of their group. cry me a river.

New development. Apparently he was Genji and mad that I was the op character? Hmm.

"You are not better! Using roadhog makes you a bitch already but tbe way you play as him makes you the biggest roadhog exploit bitch i ever played"
"I slashed away and was behind you yet still got hooked haha skills yea right"

New development. Apparently he was Genji and mad that I was the op character? Hmm.

"You are not better! Using roadhog makes you a bitch already but tbe way you play as him makes you the biggest roadhog exploit bitch i ever played"
"I slashed away and was behind you yet still got hooked haha skills yea right"

Wait, are these all form the same guy?

I'm in an Overwatch GAF group on PS4, but is there an actual community for everyone? If so I really need to hop into that.

There was one for the beta, but I don't think anyone uses it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom