• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

komaruR

I tried out the Season 2 thing on the PTR, and I lost every single match, with healing 19,000-25,000 health as Lucio & POTG in half of them.

...WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?!
Happened to me when I go healing. Team can't get a kill, so I went dps to get shit done. At least one of the team realize later then went healer.
I'm stronger being a dps but I'm fine with healing as long the team is competent to hold their grounds too.
Every time you die, you need to access the situation and switch heros if needed.

Another example is when I play with my friends and they kept complaining about genji coming to our back line and killing us. None of them switch to winston, so I switched and mean while I was a soldier countering their pharah and doing quite decent job on the frontline.

Has Blizzard ever explained this? Are they really unable to allow console players to login to their Blizzard accounts and link the game? Having a unified account with unlocks and stats should be a no brainer.

think blizzard explain it pretty well by giving us an opinion to buy more loot boxes
:(

I really don't find the google doc all that useful, a vast majority of the players on there haven't played OW or even logged on in a long while.

I tried out the Season 2 thing on the PTR, and I lost every single match, with healing 19,000-25,000 health as Lucio & POTG in half of them.

...WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?!

Try not to take it so hard. You can make a positive impact at best but you can't really carry in this game as an individual. Those that can carry with any kind of success are the top 1% of the player base and even they can't win everything. It can be really difficult in solo queue so hope for some better matches in the future and try to group up with some competent players so you lower the pool of potential idiots.

I really don't find the google doc all that useful, a vast majority of the players on there haven't played OW or even logged on in a long while.

I mentioned this a while back. I wish the in-game social features in general could be improved a bit. For example, I wish you could make a 'NeoGAF' group and see exactly who is active and playing at any given time.

Same. PC players really should get on the discord train if they wanna play.

I thought I saw someone post on here that the Discord wasn't that useful for getting groups. Maybe I should go ahead and join.

R0ckman

Try not to take it so hard. You can make a positive impact at best but you can't really carry in this game as an individual. Those that can carry with any kind of success are the top 1% of the player base and even they can't win everything. It can be really difficult in solo queue so hope for some better matches in the future and try to group up with some competent players so you lower the pool of potential idiots.

I mentioned this a while back. I wish the in-game social features in general could be improved a bit. For example, I wish you could make a 'NeoGAF' group and see exactly who is active and playing at any given time.

I thought I saw someone post on here that the Discord wasn't that useful for getting groups. Maybe I should go ahead and join.

I just joined, should I add my ID to my name?

That was probably Odrion or me. Personally speaking purely from my own experience I've had more success getting actual groups together from FGC Gaf and Moon Moon's own sub discord than I have from the OW Discord for GAF.

I'm not throwing shade at the Gaf Discord, they seem like chill people but I've better success elsewhere.

exYle

Has Blizzard ever explained this? Are they really unable to allow console players to login to their Blizzard accounts and link the game? Having a unified account with unlocks and stats should be a no brainer.

I don't think stats should carry over between platforms

exYle

Can someone enlighten me as to what exactly Discord is and why it's so popular? I thought it was just a VOIP app which would be great for groups of friends playing PC games, but people are using it like supplementary chat rooms and linking to it on forums and Twitch chat and it's like... why? Why not just talk on the forum?

So my high score is 11 losses in a row. What's yours?

A month ago I went on a 17 game losing streak playing with a friend's cousin and his group of friends. These guys were the people you hate to see on your team. No understanding on Team Comp, Ult combos or usage, Defensive positioning. It was a grating experience but I felt pressured to stay since I'm in the same DnD group with said cousin.

Can someone enlighten me as to what exactly Discord is and why it's so popular? I thought it was just a VOIP app which would be great for groups of friends playing PC games, but people are using it like supplementary chat rooms and linking to it on forums and Twitch chat and it's like... why? Why not just talk on the forum?
The only rule in Discord is there are no rules in Discord.

Anne

It's like a voip and irc app mashed into one thing. A server holds multiple voip rooms and text chat rooms along with a bunch of nice features.

People can get games going in the GAF discord, just gotta catch people. It'd be easier if there were more people in there tbh. We're trying to get more groups going and set up a scrim night for us to do in houses that wanna practice. It's all fun, no pressure, etc.

It's real-time chat. It has lots of features. It works well.

I use it with other friends, but always forget to sign in to the GAF one. Probably should start doing this as my friend wean themselves off Overwatch.

Satch

Banned
WHEN IS BLIZZARD MAKING THE SAMUS ARAN PHARAH SKIN
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png

SHE EVEN HAS "YOU WANT ME TO MORPH INTO A BALL?" AS A VOICE LINE FUCKING BLIZZARD GIVE IT TO ME
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png
SwiftRage.png

GeeTeeCee

So our team of six plucky mid to low level randoms just got matched up to defend against a well-drilled party of five and one random. All of them incredibly high level (whatever the equivalent of Prestige is in Overwatch, they've clearly done it multiple times over).

What the fuck, Blizzard.

The fact that we managed to take it to overtime (but still lose) after about eight solid minutes of defence mere metres from the goal was nothing short of a miracle.

Still over a week from season 2.
It'd be nice if we could practice the new map and get used to the new balance changes while we're in the this down period before we get everything all at once. :/

Anne

Still over a week from season 2.
It'd be nice if we could practice the new map and get used to the new balance changes while we're in the this down period before we get everything all at once. :/

Yeah, I feel like this Tuesday would be a good time to start preseason. A week to play and learn before comp mode opens up. Doubt it will happen though.

Satch

Banned
i hope we dont have long breaks between seasons again because hoooboy everyone is angry

quickplay people and comp people being mixed is a disaster lol

Gorillaz

Can't stand these dudes playing as zarya with no situational awareness at all. No point playing a character that is support to have an eye on all match ups if you can't even pay attention to anything around you. Shit is mind boggling

KiraFA37

You know sometimes quick play can be a great cesspool of hate and despair and other times the greatest experience ever, like today. Two guys on our team went Reinhardt, so I jokingly selected him too before changing. Well one thing let to another and we were doing a 5v5 Reinhardt game on Illios, which was GLORIOUS. Next map was Lijang tower and we did a full 6v6 Mercy game which was AMAZING. We played that map for over 20 minutes because there would always be a Mercy on the points keeping us in overtime, I only had to come back from spawn only 3 times and I died over a dozen times. This has given me a new appreciation for Mercy's gun which can be quite powerfull in the right hands.

Is this Discord thing kinda active for EU PC?

skny

Idk if I'm just very lucky but today I had amazing QP matches.Most of them both teams had good team comps. with tanks and healers also a couple where we had amazing comebacks holding defense overtime longer than a minute.

antitrop

So our team of six plucky mid to low level randoms just got matched up to defend against a well-drilled party of five and one random. All of them incredibly high level (whatever the equivalent of Prestige is in Overwatch, they've clearly done it multiple times over).

What the fuck, Blizzard.

The fact that we managed to take it to overtime (but still lose) after about eight solid minutes of defence mere metres from the goal was nothing short of a miracle.
The Stars under people's names is the number of times they've prestiged.

Well, at least a until you get to like level 600 or whatever, then it starts giving silver stars instead of bronze.

Satch

Banned
lmfaoo i got a bigger mousepad and i keep picking my mouse up where the old, smaller mousepad would have ended ripppp :(

Shredderi

Had a 10 loss streak yesterday. I mean that is supposed to be incredibly rare going just by math! I know I am a sore loser and get angry easily in games but hooooo boy the feeling yesterday. I don't even kid around when I say that I would have propably physically hurt the enemy team if they were in the same room at the time. I would propably be in jail.

Then just now I got stomped in numbani (defending) in a way I haven't seen yet. They weren't even premade. It felt surreal. I just peeked around a corner and got blasted with 400dps no matter where I was. Got one kill during the entire match. That's not supposed to be possible. Why did they not die? I just rage quitted on my two friends I was playing with and made a promise to myself to "reset" my anger meter by not playing for a few days or a week or something. I usually last pretty long time after a soft reset before I start being "triggered" even after one hard loss. So yeah I gotta take a break or I will start resenting the game and quit for good like I did with CSGO two years ago (haven't played even once after uninstalling).

Speaking about solo que, I tend to do better in there. My friends are decent players and understand team comps and combos etc. but it feels like I lose more when playing as a premade against other premades. In solo there are shit players but that goes for the enemy team too and then I feel like my individual skills get to weigh in a bit more. When everyone are pretty much good then teamwork and communication becomes the deciding factor and it doesn't matter how well you play on an individual level (except on rare cases where the individual is super good and plays Genji).

Had a 10 loss streak yesterday. I mean that is supposed to be incredibly rare going just by math! I know I am a sore loser and get angry easily in games but hooooo boy the feeling yesterday. I don't even kid around when I say that I would have propably physically hurt the enemy team if they were in the same room at the time. I would propably be in jail.
When you start to feel like this, 10-loss streaks are gonna happen. I will quit competitive queue after losing two or three in a row for this reason; I know I'll be on tilt and trying to make silly plays. It's a vicious cycle.

Shredderi

When you start to feel like this, 10-loss streaks are gonna happen. I will quit competitive queue after losing two or three in a row for this reason; I know I'll be on tilt and trying to make silly plays. It's a vicious cycle.

I honestly wish I could be like my friend who is totally zen about competitive games and losing. Like nothing gets to him. Well in games that is, but anyway I'm so envious. This is one thing I can't change no matter how hard I would try :D

You know you're doing well, and pissing the other team off as an Ana when they send everyone to kill you just cause you sleep darted almost every ult.

GeeTeeCee

At least my current streak of losses included a wonderful moment where I popped an ice wall right in front of an enemy McCree's Dead Eye twice in one match.

Dude was not pleased.

Moonkeis

I need to remember to fire discord up. Had a hilarious match on PTR this morning with me as Mercy and the rest of the team as offense heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom