• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azoor

I hate it when someone says switch to x and they're a DPS class.

Most of the time I'd switch, but sometimes I might be a tank or a healer that the team needs.

LiK

Genji player kept doing the Lucio x Zen pick thing. Someone picked Lucio and I was not gonna play Zen since I suck with him. But yea, sucks when they do that

LiK

Top 500 guy is so obnoxious in our team. Keeps telling us what we should choose and spamming the emotes. Yet he keeps dying lol

Edit: yea, we lost. If he concentrated on shooting rather than spamming emotes, maybe he would've died less than us.

Odrion

Banned
they really need to change soldier 76's burst spread, not in the name of "balance" but gamefeel wise right now it's just completely awful. like it's the worst spread mechanic i've seen in any credible fpser. it feels so incredibly sludgy in comparison to the shooters that he is suppose to represent

LiK

Two assholes this morning on our team and both play Reapers.

I never really played with a lot of randoms during the weekend morning and I guess most of the assholes appear at this time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are these stats any good/bad ? (competitive)

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=281219CompManoko.jpg

(For some reason trying to directly put the image on my post doesn't work, sorry.)

I feel like I'm playing quite well but I'm losing the majority of my games in comp, 13 wins for 32 games played, at 47 skill rating now. =/

Would really appreciate feedback, thanks everyone !

It's really hard to judge your stats unless we know who you're playing.

Even then stats might not be a good indicator based on which character you're playing.

Antiwhippy

You're right, if it's any help, I play Roadhog/Zenyatta/Lucio.

If you hook your account to overbuff you can see how your stats stack up to the people who linked their account to it.

You can link it for us to see it too.

Like, those stats still aren't a great way to really provide any meaningful critique, but considering the 3 characters you play have great healing/self healing abilities maybe the hp healed is a bit low?

My roadhog averages 4000 healing by himself and i only ever use him for defense rounds. Lucio at 12000 and zen at 6000.

Manoko

If you hook your account to overbuff you can see how your stats stack up to the people who linked their account to it.

You can link it for us to see it too.

Like, those stats still aren't a great way to really provide any meaningful critique, but considering the 3 characters you play have great healing/self healing abilities maybe the hp healed is a bit low?

Did it thanks.
I'm top 1-10% on many stats with Zenyatta on competitive, just didn't play enough games with him to get ranked.
I'm trash with Roadhog though.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Manoko-1533/heroes/zenyatta?mode=competitive

Will play more games with him this afternoon to try and get ranked.

You're right, in the few games I played with Lucio specifically, I played poorly and couldn't heal as much as in Quick Play.

Antiwhippy

Did it thanks.
I'm top 1-10% on many stats with Zenyatta on competitive, just didn't play enough games with him to get ranked.
I'm trash with Roadhog though.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Manoko-1533/heroes/zenyatta?mode=competitive

Will play more games with him this afternoon to try and get ranked.

You're right, in the few games I played with Lucio specifically, I played poorly and couldn't heal as much as in Quick Play.

Hmm, your zen and your lucio is actually pretty good! Though roadhog is your weakest link.

Manoko

Hmm, your zen and your lucio is actually pretty good! Though roadhog is your weakest link.

Right, I think I play supports quite well in general, and with Zenyatta I can actually try and carry games too.

But I still lose most of these games (even when I play them well), because at low ranks when I try to hard support, usually my teammates don't carry that well.

I honestly don't feel like I should be 47 SR with my Lucio/Zenyatta.
It's frustrating to me a bit, I must admit.

Thanks a lot for the very valuable feedback. :)

Antiwhippy

Right, I think I play supports quite well in general, and with Zenyatta I can actually try and carry games too.

But I still lose most of these games (even when I play them well), because at low ranks when I try to hard support, usually my teammates don't carry that well.

I honestly don't feel like I should be 47 SR with my Lucio/Zenyatta.
It's frustrating to me a bit, I must admit.

Thanks a lot for the very valuable feedback. :)

Hmm on overbuff it seems like you're winning a majority of your zen/lucio matches (though there isn't enough matches to fully judge honestly), but your roadhog isn;t doing too hot.

Danj

Anyone got any tips for carrying a team in competitive at low ranks? I've slipped down to rank 32 from rank 46. Had to start 3 games this morning before I even got one that wasn't cancelled due to someone leaving.

Antiwhippy

Anyone got any tips for carrying a team in competitive at low ranks? I've slipped down to rank 32 from rank 46. Had to start 3 games this morning before I even got one that wasn't cancelled due to someone leaving.

Honestly?

Be a really good DPS. Like really good.

LiK

Climbed back to 65 with Papercuts. GG

So many whiny micless assholes spam emotes today. Wish I can mute emotes from non-groups.

Dispatch

First, and I realize this will open me up to easy criticism, but you need to know that:
  1. These thoughts apply to console: PS4 specifically.
  2. I am not good at this game, at least according to my rank. My highest rank was 37. (I have to defend myself and say I play mostly support, Lucio or Zenyatta, because I try to do what's best for the team. I also mainly play with randoms and solo. I'm an older gamer, and I only have one friend I consistently play with. He prefers quick play, so, soloing with randoms is pretty much my choice.)

So, with that in mind, I can tell you my most-hated character isn't Mei, I can deal with Mei with a discord, or a speed boost. It's not Genji because a low-level Genji player is not an issue. Many don't have decent aim with good mobility. It's not McCree, because, again, at the extreme low-level, his lack of speed makes him an easy target.

No, the character I hate is Widowmaker.

It's not because she's overpowered, no, that's not it. I hate her because whenever one of my teammates pick Widowmaker, I know we are going to lose. In essence, it's 5 on 6. It's now so bad that when a player picks Widowmaker, I immediately ask them to pick someone else. I don't wait to see if that player is good with Widowmaker, because in my 736 games, my experience has shown me that being good with Widowmaker just won't make a difference. In fact, in competitive play, I can only remember one game where a person played Widowmaker and I won, and it felt like that happened because the rest of the team carried that character. When I see a Widowmaker on the other team, I have NOTHING to worry about. Even the few times I've been sniped, the kill cam reveals it took several shots to kill me.

So, all of you can say you hate Mei, and I get that. But, the character I hate most is Widowmaker because she's worthless on console, just worthless.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Somebody got a legendary skin for Sombra.

LwslaBo.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Most of the time I'd switch, but sometimes I might be a tank or a healer that the team needs.

Played with the most annoying top 500 who was on Reaper but before the match started selected and unselected Lucio repeatedly then picked reaper and spammed healing ingame to get someone else on Lucio. Constantly spammed group up after going way off and dying.

Gooooood damn there were so many people in the last few hours that were awful to have on your team.

LiK

Played with the most annoying top 500 who was on Reaper but before the match started selected and unselected Lucio repeated then picked reaper and spammed healing to get someone on Lucio. Constantly spammed group up after going way off and dying.

Gooooood damn there were so many people in the last few hours that were awful to have on your team.

Another asshole Reaper msged me on PSN to switch my Junkrat and said I was bad even tho I was killing so many guys and had like a 10 player kill streak. Does he not have kill feed on when he's a damn 70? I was holding off the guys on the point and he kept dying. I love when these babies cry so much they're not even paying attention to the game. He also kept spamming shit and it was distracting.

FoxSpirit

Let's see: good Roadhog, though the hook-glitch is still terrible. I had games where at least 50% of my hooks dragged to my side. Still, fishing out and insta killing squishies is great plus your self-heal. Soldier 76 can really deal a number and self-heal too. Strong Genji-Tracer if you can terrorise their backline. Strong Pharah. Reaper is more Situational because you need to get close and if your team totally messes up you will just die. But if it's about equal you can really clean up a game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Another asshole Reaper msged me on PSN to switch my Junkrat and said I was bad even tho I was killing so many guys and had like a 10 player kill streak. Does he not have kill feed on when he's a damn 70? I was holding off the guys on the point and he kept dying. I love when these babies cry so much they're not even paying attention to the game. He also kept spamming shit and it was distracting.

Was that the guy who played Symmetra? lol.

So dumb.

Is there a game where you are dependent on other players that has a worse/dumber player base than this one?

I wish I didn't love the game so much or I'd just move on but god damn the stubbornness and ineptitude of players in this game is staggering. We're closing in on the end of S1 and there are people with player level in the 2-3 hundreds that still appear to be clueless/high/dying while they play and lack any critical thinking skills or situational awareness.

LiK

Was that the guy who played Symmetra? lol.

So dumb.

Yea, he did that to troll us after I replied "no bitch" and blocked him on PSN. He switched back before the round started. So salty. I got a triple and quadruple kill with the tire in that map. Too bad the enemy Junkrat got PotM. Would've loved if he saw my kills. Some guys are so busy telling people what to play in solo q. Maybe they should form a group and boss them around instead.

And if they're gonna tell someone to switch, don't be a dickhead about it.

I jumped back in today after a long break from OW. I played this so much during the launch weeks on PS4.

Holy shit this game is good!

They've really patched this to another level of awesome now :)

I checked the patch notes and some good stuff has been done for sure.

Anyway I'm totally in again :D

Antiwhippy

I'm starting to really dread reinhardt players.

50% of the time you don't know if you're getting people who charge in all the time without regard for the team.

LiK

I'm starting to really dread reinhardt players.

50% of the time you don't know if you're getting people who charge in all the time without regard for the team.

the good ones are really good and the bad are just bad. i've only encountered a handful of great Reins in Comp.

Is there a game where you are dependent on other players that has a worse/dumber player base than this one?

I wish I didn't love the game so much or I'd just move on but god damn the stubbornness and ineptitude of players in this game is staggering. We're closing in on the end of S1 and there are people with player level in the 2-3 hundreds that still appear to be clueless/high/dying while they play and lack any critical thinking skills or situational awareness.

Lol, just when I think nothing can be topped, someone else comes along and sets a new low. Yesterday I had a Symetra on Gibraltar attack who never placed one turret then proceeded to place her only teleporter right by the final cap point :d I also had a Torb attack on Numbani sudden death

I've given up on caring with comp this season I'm just going to grind out to 101 (currently 93 1/2) to get as many summer loot boxes as possible. I think S3 will be the true test of (console) longevity as CoD, BF and TF2 will all be out

Edit next season I am never going to solo queue, unless I place high

Antiwhippy

I know gold medals aren't everything.

But should a DVa really get gold in elims, obj elims, and damage?

Like, can I get some DPS players who actually know how to shoot please?

Ferga

I felt that way last week when I was playing nothing but DVA.

Now i'm playing nothing but Zarya. Melting through tanks is quite satisfying.

Azoor

I love pushing people off to their deaths as D.va. It's a technique not a lot of people use because they need to memorize to map and calculate the boosting just right.

duckroll

On some maps, yes. It depends on the strategy, but if you're playing Dva and you have gold medals for all that you can usually tell that your team is also putting in the work. An effective Dva flank to attack the point early, spraying a few enemies before throwing up the Matrix, then your team comes in to support and wipes them, that's should immediately give you gold medals in elims and obj elims, because you would have tagged every enemy first while the DPS came in to finish, and since they're all on point trying to defend, they're all obj elims. Then you rush the second point with your Ult charged, throw it in to surprise them, bam, you clear the point as they are coming out to defend after getting wiped at Point A, while your team finishes off anyone left in the corners and holds them at their spawn. Game Set Match.

ohkay

Yea, he did that to troll us after I replied "no bitch" and blocked him on PSN. He switched back before the round started. So salty. I got a triple and quadruple kill with the tire in that map. Too bad the enemy Junkrat got PotM. Would've loved if he saw my kills. Some guys are so busy telling people what to play in solo q. Maybe they should form a group and boss them around instead.

And if they're gonna tell someone to switch, don't be a dickhead about it.
I've noticed there are more angry people playing right now, probably because the end of the season is less than a week away, so people are trying to hit a higher rank/top 500.

Antiwhippy

On some maps, yes. It depends on the strategy, but if you're playing Dva and you have gold medals for all that you can usually tell that your team is also putting in the work. An effective Dva flank to attack the point early, spraying a few enemies before throwing up the Matrix, then your team comes in to support and wipes them, that's should immediately give you gold medals in elims and obj elims, because you would have tagged every enemy first while the DPS came in to finish, and since they're all on point trying to defend, they're all obj elims. Then you rush the second point with your Ult charged, throw it in to surprise them, bam, you clear the point as they are coming out to defend after getting wiped at Point A, while your team finishes off anyone left in the corners and holds them at their spawn. Game Set Match.

Gold damage is the key. Like, I also do a lot of DM tanking, so we need to have a DPS to pump in the damage, but goddamn I keep seeing the kill feed and so many of them are just losing their 1 v 1 battles constantly.

Which is a little frustrating. I feel like you really need to be a good DPS main or at least partner with one just to make sure that you can lock down 1 DPS that can actually do their job, because it's a crapshoot in randoms. The DPS spot is so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom