• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Does McCree have a hard counter? I was thinking about this last night and the only one I could come up with is Widowmaker because she has better range.
Roadhogg, his hook shot combo is ohko. Even if McCree flashbang combo you still wont die so you can heal or hook shot combo.

Basically if McCree waste a flashbag he is fucked by alot of heroes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whatever shit infected QP is infecting my comp matches, people just killing with these gag picks

Yeah we totally need a Bastion and Mei on Nepal especially with that Pharah flying about, us gamers xd

ViviOggi

I feel like every Hanamura match I play, my team is absolutely incompetent with attack. The door is not that hard to push through.
People tend to think a Reinfart just sitting there is an actual physical barrier. The moment I realize I'm on one of those teams again I make it clear that we need to stop playing the dumb choke spam game which only feeds them ult charge and just rush past that shit. Surprisingly works more often than not.

LiK

Whatever shit infected QP is infecting my comp matches, people just killing with these gag picks

Yeah we totally need a Bastion and Mei on Nepal especially with that Pharah flying about, us gamers xd

Not sure what's going on either but it seems more people are doing these troll picks during set up today. Like, we did well as Attack on King's Row but then when we became Defense, a dumbass chooses Torb and barely killed anyone. After that, he kept switching every time he died. I dunno why he didn't just choose whoever he was good with so we could just win and be done with the match. It became much more of struggle.

Also, way more angry dudes are on today as well. Constantly spamming emotes for people to switch or telling people who to play. Such assholes.

Pendas

Banned
POTG is messed up.

I was on Roadhog last night. It was the final push on payload, I hooked an Ulting Reaper, an Ulting Genji and used my Ultimate to push back an Ana infused Reaper away from the point to win the game.

POTG was the enemy Reaper who got a triple kill with his Q. So annoying.

POTG is messed up.

I was on Roadhog last night. It was the final push on payload, I hooked an Ulting Reaper, an Ulting Genji and used my Ultimate to push back an Ana infused Reaper away from the point to win the game.

POTG was the enemy Reaper who got a triple kill with his Q. So annoying.
It can't wait for your hook to recharge during POTG. That's too long.

60 kills on Gibraltar with Tracer and we lose in sudden death because our team wants to solo tank Zarya and one person picks Torb lol. Pathetic. You'd think he would've learned the first time on defense when he got wrecked over and over, but nope.

Sucks cause I won 3 straight and was thinking this was the start of one those winstreaks which would've been great because yesterday did not go too well with the group I played with. Full group is not the way to go unless everyone is pretty good or you have awesome team coordination. On a brighter note, I did get a message from a random yesterday saying "GG you're an amazing D.Va" :) That was nice.

LiK

60 kills on Gibraltar with Tracer and we lose in sudden death because our team wants to solo tank Zarya and one person picks Torb lol. Pathetic. You'd think he would've learned the first time on defense when he got wrecked over and over, but nope.

Sucks cause I won 3 straight and was thinking this was the start of one those winstreaks which would've been great because yesterday did not go too well with the group I played with. Full group is not the way to go unless everyone is pretty good or you have awesome team coordination. On a brighter note, I did get a message from a random yesterday saying "GG you're an amazing D.Va" :) That was nice.

you on PS4?

my best Elims record in Comp is also 60 but with Junkrat :)

If team mates quit in comp does your rank decrease less? I remember like 4 people left so we lost but my rank only went down

|____| like that much

LiK

If team mates quit in comp does your rank decrease less? I remember like 4 people left so we loss but my rank only went down

|____| like that much

no, just two days ago, a teammate left, we lost and one full rank bar was wiped dropping my rank instantly. i think it depends on other factors.

no, just two days ago, a teammate left, we lost and one full rank bar was wiped dropping my rank instantly. i think it depends on other factors.

Oh damn. I wish they made whatever factors they use clear. It gets kinda annoying not being able to pinpoint what decreases your rank more.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We're losing, guy does nothing but complain, says we're the reason QP sucks and then just stays in the spawn room for the rest of the game.

Motherfucker, you ARE the reason QP sucks.

LiK

Nope, I'm considering double dipping on PS4 for Season 2 though. Also, that's awesome. Good Junkrats can be annoying for Tracer. What map?

i don't remember which map. might be one of the KOTH ones.

Oh damn. I wish they made whatever factors they use clear. It gets kinda annoying not being able to pinpoint what decreases your rank more.

yea, i thought staying in the game and finishing it legit would help but nope. one easy factor is if you're playing against higher ranked dudes, you lose much less. like, i played againast a team full of top 500 guys and lost a tiny amount. makes losing to those guys not a big deal, tbh.

We're losing, guy does nothing but complain, says we're the reason QP sucks and then just stays in the spawn room for the rest of the game.

Motherfucker, you ARE the reason QP sucks.

why don't they just leave. some players have so many tantrums. ex: we were in Comp and we lost 2 rounds in KOTH so the random decided to switch to Ana and stay near the spawn and just shoot at it. he decided to not try and grab the capture point at all even tho were making good progress in round 3 without him. but it was basically 5v6 so we lost. thanks shithead.

GeeTeeCee

It doesn't matter who I'm playing as, I simply cannot counter a half-decent Genji.

That ninja can keep on flipping and jumping straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

LiK

It doesn't matter who I'm playing as, I simply cannot counter a half-decent Genji.

That ninja can keep on flipping and jumping straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

gotta go Winston. even if you can't kill him, at least do some good damage on him and make him run away.

GeeTeeCee

gotta go Winston. even if you can't kill him, at least do some good damage on him and make him run away.

I'll give Winston a try, even if all previous brief performances with him have been pretty terrible and I don't like to burden my team while practicing with the characters I'm not very good with.

On the plus side, I'm finally starting to get a handle on Zenyatta and Reinhardt. No longer will I have to trust my fate to an untrustworthy random Rein.

Kysen

Had an epic control center match today. We were 99 to 0 down on the 5th round and held overtime for 5min before winning the game. I cant even imagine how salty the enemy team was after that.

Prelude.

I feel like every Hanamura match I play, my team is absolutely incompetent with attack. The door is not that hard to push through.
On Hanamura you have to pick a tank and, ideally, make someone follow you, otherwise everyone's just gonna stand there waiting for someone else to push. So pick either Zarya, Rein or D.Va and go in and right and it's done, the enemies will start focusing the people who entered and the rest of the team will finally go in. You really can't play any other role unless you like looking at that gate for the whole match.

The funny thing is that it almost always happens only during normal matches, if it's sudden death people actually go in, it's mind boggling.

KRaZyAmmo

How do you guys deal with annoying genjis? I'm getting so ragey over him because he's in every frickin match I'm in. Is there a good counter to him?

Orb nerf will be double-edged.

On one hand, it makes Winston more viable but on the other it will do the same to Genji.

Orb has been my go-to for countering him. Even a lucky Zen hit on him does massive damage when it's on him.

Prelude.

How do you guys deal with annoying genjis? I'm getting so ragey over him because he's in every frickin match I'm in. Is there a good counter to him?
If you have decent aim, McCree is one of the best, Winston can harass the shit out of him, Mei can be good if his dash is on cooldown, D.Va is also good since Genjis don't want to have anything to do with her, Zarya is kinda the same and can be pretty effective, and also Pharah, obviously.

I went to the official Blizzard forums and apparently that weird weapon switch/reload "rubberbanding" bug is a reasonably common issue.
Weird Blizzard never addressed it.

just had a game where the reaper played on the bridge of numbani and tried to snipe

for the whole game

kill me

Reaper: "Who needs that dumb bluefaced bitch. 'One shot, one keel' my ass. I can snipe just as well as she does. Just watch me. Watch me, bruh."

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Finally grinded out 100CP so that I'll have 300 at the end of the season. I somehow have exactly 100 wins and 100 losses after some bad losing streaks.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can we upgrade D.VA's mech to this please

CpiIhADWAAAySYi.jpg

So what characters do you guys think are actually balanced?
Zen and Mercy are getting changes, so really all that's left are the defense heroes, except maybe Junk, and Symm that need buffs. Soldier might need something to compete at mid range and compete with McCree. All the tanks are very balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom