• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, my number one thought in solo queues is usually, 'why aren't you going in with me?' to healers. Mercy, if I'm 76, you can damage boost mad and we can murder everything. If someone tries to get on you, I can murder them instantly. Just stick with me on my ult.

R0ckman

That's the thing that annoys me the most honestly.

Like sometimes I'll have to ask a reinhardt to bloody move forward. Why are you holding up the shield for people to build ult off and not advancing us forward?

Hanamura is especially hell with people who just poke at the gate all day. Poking in this game is fucking weak. There's usually no point for it.

Actually on attack a Rein that pokes until about half the team on defense goes down then leading the team push with a charge is great if the whole team is right on his tail when he heads into the point.

Anne

In higher level games, we roll as a group of 6. The second a pick happens and we're 6v5 everybody just dives.

In lower level games I feel like I can get a double kill for our picks and go in while our tanks are still fucking around with a Genji or something way back.

Also a lot of people on defense keep setting up really far up. I say something like "hey this is really far up, they'll just respawn and kill you eventually" and I get back "well we can't just let them push the cart."

It is really crazy how different some people are playing right now.

Actually on attack a Rein that pokes until about half the team on defense goes down then leading the team push with a charge is great if the whole team is right on his tail when he heads into the point.

The second a single defender goes down it is probably time to hold down W.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Not at the gate. You get incredibly limited space, you give up the high ground, and you give up too much space that the defense team can control.

The best reinhardts know to lead the team through to a more advantageous position.

Take numbani for example. The main lane to point A is honestly the worst starting point for you to start a team fight. Good teams go for the high ground and limit the number of points the defenders can attack them from.

Anne

Not at the gate. You get incredibly limited space, you give up the high ground, and you give up too much space that the defense team can control.

The best reinhardts know to lead the team through to a more advantageous position.

aka on Hanamura speedboost and go left :p

Antiwhippy

Precisely!

But god, there are so many people who just poke from the gate all day and is unable to finish anyone off because it's so much easier for the defenders to go for heals when that's all you're doing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sometimes it's amazing how Roadhog can just get outright ignored considering how big he is and how he hooks people from a quarter mile away and one shots them.

duckroll

Rein speedboosted, Rein and Lucio break through the Hanamura gate, gets on the point, watches in horror as the entire enemy team turns around and rushes Rein and Lucio while a single enemy Genji or Tracer distracts the rest of your team at the gate and instead of coming in for free kills to back you up, they chase like headless chickens outside.

Anne

Yeah speedboost is the only way a Rein can get past the gate without it going down in like 3 seconds.

Ish. Attackers can win a fight with damage/picks/etc at the gate enough to get Rein and other people through the gate. With Lucio speedboost there's no reason to do that much, you just go left behind a shield and get high ground and fight elsewhere.

Defuser

Sometimes its not worth it to play as Reinhardt. Whats the point of being the shield when there are no teammates behind you backing you up but instead seperate doing their own agenda? I hate it when people say there is no tank, somebody pick/switch to a tank but they don't support the tank.

Ferga

Today marks the 5th time where I need 1-2 wins to rank 65 but then I start losing 4-5 coin flips in a row (I lost 8 coin flips in a row for the first time. I was counting.)

The faster they rid of this, the better...

ZenVolta

Is there a Discord group going for this? I just got the game a few days ago on pc and im looking for people to play with.

ramyeon

It can't be said enough times how fucking dumb sudden death is. Our team played fucking great, the results screen with the cards was all us but we lost because of a dumb mechanic like sudden death.

Have blizzard said anything about increaing the ranked level limit? I think it should atleast be double what it is now going by my matches with people in placement.

Antiwhippy

I feel sad that i can't grind out more cp as the season is ending. Just bad timing really. Coming back at 10-11 pm just makes ranked too much of a commitment for an hour or so of play.

Hopefully they reduce the time commitment of ranked next season.

LiK

Well, that felt better. Just destroyed the other team. We got all 4 points in Gibraltar and they got 0

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Solo Q is so damn annoying sometimes, sigh

Group Q can be annoying too, remember when you Q with a group you play against other groups not random single people.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not really, I was just in a solo q where my group were all randoms and we faced a group of 4 and 2. MM for solo is bad.

Hmm that normally shouldn't be the case. If you solo q you should only or most the time get matched with solo players.

Antiwhippy

It's just inconsistent. And with the fact that it puts solo players in the same queues as full groups means that it's close to impossible to make it consistent considering how many players there are.

Down to 41 hahaha. Holy shit, once you start losing it really is just a downward spiral from there.

It's horrible. I started at 57 and from there I dropped, nonstop, to 39. I've managed to claw my way up to 47 but I've decided to call it quits for this season and go back to having fun in Quick Play.

The losses just didn't stop at one point. Soul destroying.

Antiwhippy

Down to 41 hahaha. Holy shit, once you start losing it really is just a downward spiral from there.

If you still wanna group up i heard that whirlpool is a good place to search for a group.

Or get it on pc. I know a fair few ozzies to team up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom