• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracer is tough. You do need to be able to turn fast, but even more important is pixel-perfect tracking. Your pistols do a lot of damage, but only if you land every bullet. As with all sensitivity-related questions: it comes entirely down to what you're most comfortable with.

O1gW9jg.jpg

Apparently, 3.30 obj kills with Ana is top 1% in QP.
And 8.26 elims is top 3%
2800 damage is apparently top 3%

Need to work on healing more but overall I think I'm happy with my Ana progress. But really, no one plays her much. It might even be possible for some of us to be a top ranked Ana due to how little she's played.

Is a higher sensitivity recommended for Tracer?

I nean, I'm alright with her - but I feel like there's an element of luck to my eliminations via spraying bullets and hoping :lol

You'll want it high enough to where you can quickly do a 180 after blinking past someone, but not too high or else you'll have trouble with your tracking.

Skii

Me and another gaffer just did a dual death blossom on Lijang tower. It was glorious. It wasn't even coordinated lol.

I've also come to the stark realisation I will never get 4 kills with Genji in dragon blade. RIP platinum.

Kito

Teams that copy pro strats i.e. holding high ground on Gibraltar and 66, are a joke. We're randoms, not a coordinated group with godly dps, our opponents are going to fly right past us (and they always do). Stand in front of the fucking payload and contest it. Same goes to people who think Mercy + Lucio are a good idea.

On another note, FTH is good now? Combined with the Roadhog hook buff, these stun/oneshot mechanics are bullshit.

I feel like I hesitate or think too much when I play someone like Tracer or Widow that requires quick and precise accuracy to be effective. Probably also why I tend to do way better when I'm playing while inebriated. It probably would behoove me to play someone like Lucio more often that doesn't require too much thought or precision, but he's so boring to play as. Every great once in a while I'll even lose the ability to aim as Reaper, which at that point all I can do is laugh.

Azoor

Me and another gaffer just did a dual death blossom on Lijang tower. It was glorious. It wasn't even coordinated lol.

I've also come to the stark realisation I will never get 4 kills with Genji in dragon blade. RIP platinum.

You guys were too edgy for them :p

Prelude.

Teams that copy pro strats i.e. holding high ground on Gibraltar and 66, are a joke. We're randoms, not a coordinated group with godly dps, our opponents are going to fly right past us (and they always do). Stand in front of the fucking payload and contest it. Same goes to people who think Mercy + Lucio are a good idea.

On another note, FTH is good now? Combined with the Roadhog hook buff, these stun/oneshot mechanics are bullshit.
You have a point with the high ground thing, but ignoring the choke 10 meters before the payload is one of the most counterproductive thing you could do in this game. You're not gonna gain anything by dying in front of the spawn other than snowballing. Let them move the payload until it reaches a choke point and defend from there.

ohkay

Is a higher sensitivity recommended for Tracer?

I nean, I'm alright with her - but I feel like there's an element of luck to my eliminations via spraying bullets and hoping :lol
Are you on console? I think I play her with about 50 horizontal and 35-40 vertical sensitivity on ps4 to some success

LiK

Just curious, why do you guys have different values for horizontal and vertical? I find the aiming a bit more even for me when I have the same values. Just curious.

R0ckman

I see this complaint a lot. People seem to think the only skill should be to outplay the opponent via raw skill rather than out stratting them. Is this complaint coming from mainly a fps focused crowd? I mainly play srat games which is why I like this so I have no issues with status effect moves but a lot of people do.

Just curious, why do you guys have different values for horizontal and vertical? I find the aiming a bit more even for me when I have the same values. Just curious.
Personally it's to make small headshot adjustments easier. Idk why but I find it easier that way, might be something to do with the way the auto aim works.

I see this complaint a lot. People seem to think the only skill should be to outplay the opponent via raw skill rather than out stratting them. Is this complaint coming from mainly a fps focused crowd? I mainly play srat games which is why I like this so I have no issues with status effect moves but a lot of people do.

It's more a lack of adaptability.

People see Pro player X win with Strat Y. So they think if they do Strat Y, they'll win. With no regard for their skill level compared to Pro Player X.

Thus, they have no adaptability. Their "skills" rely on imitating something else they've seen someone do to the best of their abilities. Once that scenario shatters, they spend the rest of the game trying to regroup to the next strategy they saw, instead of making small adjustments as needed.

Azoor

It's 30 for Horizontal and 35 For Vertical and that feels natural for me

That's on PC BTW.

LiK

It's more a lack of adaptability.

People see Pro player X win with Strat Y. So they think if they do Strat Y, they'll win. With no regard for their skill level compared to Pro Player X.

Thus, they have no adaptability. Their "skills" rely on imitating something else they've seen someone do to the best of their abilities. Once that scenario shatters, they spend the rest of the game trying to regroup to the next strategy they saw, instead of making small adjustments as needed.

And they probably freak out when other people they play with ain't doing the same strats as them. Like telling people to choosing the exact same heroes they want. I remember some rando Top 500 guy literally going through the hero selection for us to choose what he wanted. I didn't bother. What a jackass.

jorma

is now taking requests
Been playing a lot today. Such a mixed bag.

Double Mercy defending, and still not a single rez the entire game. The game after made up for it though, we won route 66 with 5 divas. And the game after that i ended up opposing the same 5 divas (except me), but we had 5 junkrats. We won.

I had some weird fucking games today, all in all. But when i got 2 symmetra and 2 Scottish pirate dwarves (no you're not Swedish, fam) attacking on temple of anubis, well i felt i had to nope out of that one.

Crazy fun mixed with insane frustration as always.

GGs Joninder
who are you on GAF btw?
and folks. Some really fun games in there.

If I had one second left on that dragon blade, the trophy would have been mine. Sigh.

I'm going to sound very rude here, but in what world is having 2 supports a bad thing? Outside of a last second push on defense to save a point from being capped, 2 Supports should be fucking standard.

Also those "Pro Strats" still put the team in position to contest the payload, I see people complaining all the time about their team (I'm guilty of it as well) but if you honestly think standing in front of the payload with no coordinated, even semi coordinated plan is going to somehow secure a win then you've got it be joking.

Honestly people would win more if they just talked more on comms.

I'm leaning heavily towards this, I would love to see what game most OW players came from. You see the worst of various online communities rolled up in one at times. It's absurd to me that people think mechanical skills is the end all be all when it comes to winning. It's a team game, more often than not no matter how hard you're carrying, you're not going to win a majority of time if the other team is more coordinated than yours.

hydruxo

Tracer is the only hero I really had to tinker around with sensitivity settings. I ended up settling on fairly high sensitivity and I feel like it's helped a ton once I got used to it. She's alot of fun once you get down when to use your blinks/recalls and when not to.

And they probably freak out when other people they play with ain't doing the same strats as them. Like telling people to choosing the exact same heroes they want. I remember some rando Top 500 guy literally going through the hero selection for us to choose what he wanted. I didn't bother. What a jackass.

That's like instant mute material right there.

Favorite one I had a week ago:

We're attacking on Gibralter. Out team setup is fine, but the other team is stacking Genji's. As in 3 Genji's on the other team.

We hit the first quick checkpoint fine, but we're stalling out just in front of the second. The Genji's are basically picking off anyone with less than 400 health before they can really make it back to the fight.

We have a Winston on our team who has named himself team leader. He spends a few minutes yelling at us to get on the Payload. Finally, after 2 or 3 minutes of this, I turn my Mic on and tell him to get his ass to the back of the map and help us clean up the Genji's so we can actually join him.

He wont have it, he starts screaming back that if we would just go to the payload, the Genji's will just follow us there, and he can kill them once they get there.

By some miracle, two of the enemy Genji's switch to different character. I really don't know why, but all of a sudden, we hit the checkpoint. "Team Leader" thinks he just saved the day with his words of wisdom. Reminding us constantly that everything worked out just like he said it would. Taking full credit for our eventual win.

Eventually other people turned on their mics for the post game just to tell him to shut up, no one cares, it's only Quickplay, who gives a fuck. Standard sentiment really.

I just couldn't believe how obnoxious the guy was. He really thinks that by saying "Get on the Payload you fucking idiots" somehow won us the game...

Satch

Banned
pharah is like impossible to play without a mercy crawled up into her vagina and making a nest

the moment she leaves u are just doomed

this game sucks

pharah is like impossible to play without a mercy crawled up into her vagina and making a nest

this game sucks
This game sucks when you can't play one character? When there's 21 other characters? Seems a little harsh there.

I'm going to sound very rude here, but in what world is having 2 supports a bad thing? Outside of a last second push on defense to save a point from being capped, 2 Supports should be fucking standard.

Also those "Pro Strats" still put the team in position to contest the payload, I see people complaining all the time about their team (I'm guilty of it as well) but if you honestly think standing in front of the payload with no coordinated, even semi coordinated plan is going to somehow secure a win then you've got it be joking.

Honestly people would win more if they just talked more on comms.

This is like the least rude sounding thing. Obligatory:

image.php

I see both of your points and really it comes to the adaptability Kor mentions.

It is not realistic to think that pro strats will work with randoms. But it also mean that they have zero applicability.

High ground is always going to be an advantage to start. Visibility is in your corner both ways: you see everything, and you can back up to make sure they can't. Your hit box becomes smaller
assuming it's not also 4 feet above your head
while theirs is fully available.

When that doesn't work, contesting is valid. Expecting everyone to regroup at the next ideal chokepoint won't happen. You need boots on the ground, aces in places, asses in the grass, whatever, make them work for it.

Then again, I play on a system where text chat isn't available, so you may be experiencing those armchair quarterback types that are driving this sentiment against pro strats.

this game sucks

Pfft? What?

After playing Season with as a Pharah main and maybe 1 Mercy every 20+ games, I'm going to have to disagree here.

R0ckman

That's like instant mute material right there.

Favorite one I had a week ago:

We're attacking on Gibralter. Out team setup is fine, but the other team is stacking Genji's. As in 3 Genji's on the other team.

We hit the first quick checkpoint fine, but we're stalling out just in front of the second. The Genji's are basically picking off anyone with less than 400 health before they can really make it back to the fight.

We have a Winston on our team who has named himself team leader. He spends a few minutes yelling at us to get on the Payload. Finally, after 2 or 3 minutes of this, I turn my Mic on and tell him to get his ass to the back of the map and help us clean up the Genji's so we can actually join him.

He wont have it, he starts screaming back that if we would just go to the payload, the Genji's will just follow us there, and he can kill them once they get there.

By some miracle, two of the enemy Genji's switch to different character. I really don't know why, but all of a sudden, we hit the checkpoint. "Team Leader" thinks he just saved the day with his words of wisdom. Reminding us constantly that everything worked out just like he said it would. Taking full credit for our eventual win.

Eventually other people turned on their mics for the post game just to tell him to shut up, no one cares, it's only Quickplay, who gives a fuck. Standard sentiment really.

I just couldn't believe how obnoxious the guy was. He really thinks that by saying "Get on the Payload you fucking idiots" somehow won us the game...

If it was one Genji I would understand his complaint but of course it was 3.

Speaking of which, I have seen defenses fall countless times because people even in communicating teams think it takes 3 or 4 people to kill one character. Its sad when just before that someone does a call out and I say "I got them!" And go and kill them myself. Have one person go get them and if something goes wrong on mic let the team know then you can try more people.

I'll be honest, even though I suffered through Zen's Cancer Discord Meta back in beta, seeing it again this patch nearly drove me to quit. I would rather have Genji solo ulting a team then Zen's instant delete button with a semi coordinated team.

I realized I was meant to play Pharah when I noticed that you're supposed to fire shots in a way that predicts enemy movement, which I ended up being surprisingly great at instinctively. It's why I'm trash with McCree but hot damn, nailing like 8 rockets right on a team's stupid face in a row is the best feeling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like Pharah is one of the few heroes that I can play that doesn't rely on my team as heavily. That I can do well no matter how much they cluck around with their heads cut off. Same with Genji.

But not Reaper. Because Reaper typically requires my team do SOMETHING to the enemy so I can clean up,.

R0ckman

I'll be honest, even though I suffered through Zen's Cancer Discord Meta back in beta, seeing it again this patch nearly drove me to quit. I would rather have Genji solo ulting a team then Zen's instant delete button with a semi coordinated team.

Yeah when I Winston there are times where as soon as I'm in view of the enemy team I'm flying and going "ARRRGHGGGGGHHHHHH!"

Don't know what they were thinking with a 50% increase. 25% is pushing it too.

Azoor

A poor friend of mine went on a rant today because Overwatch isn't on Mac and all of his devices we Apple ones.

He refuses to buy a PS4 just for one game.

R0ckman

what game are u playing where mccree cant aim

Actually hitting Pharah is hard if they are bad players. Sometimes I'll try shooting them and they'll be dropping very sloppy and hitting walls. They can't be shooting anything flying like that. I would know because I play her pretty well.

If it was one Genji I would understand his complaint but of course it was 3.

Speaking of which, I have seen defenses fall countless times because people even in communicating teams think it takes 3 or 4 people to kill one character. Its sad when just before that someone does a call out and I say "I got them!" And go and kill them myself. Have one person go get them and if something goes wrong on mic let the team know then you can try more people.

It's all about context.

I think of it as a Roadhog principle.

Roadhog can hook kill anyone with 200 or less health by himself.

But Roadhog can hook kill anyone with 300 or less health with just 1 extra person.

Then Roadhog can hook anyone with like 500 health with just 2 extra people.

Does that mean Roadhog should always have a posse of 2 people following him wherever he goes?
yes

No, but it means that characters become more powerful exponentially with focus fire.

But as I said in the beginning, it's all about context.

Rize_21

this game sucks

You know what Pharah really lacks imo?
that Touchdown highlight intro as a skill, it could be attributed to the crouch button while in the air to fall faster, that's the thing that frustrates me the most, this and the +50 pts in armor, she used to be my #1 played hero, but got tired of seeing her go all like "1080° Tony Hawk cartweel in the air" ragdoll thanks to S76/ Mc Cree doing some casual Duck Hunt sessions, switched to Tracer in hope that Blizzard give something to Pharah one day :(.

Satch

Banned
I find it to be a pretty shitty mechanic in an fps, even one like this

Its one thing to have it in Mobas because you can buy items with the money you farm to somewhat minimize the effect of the damage amplifier, but in this game u cant do anything about it except hide and wait for it to go away

Its one thing to have it in Mobas because you can buy items with the money you farm to somewhat minimize the effect of the damage amplifier, but in this game u cant do anything about it except hide and wait for it to go away
Unless you have a Zarya. Or you play Mei....

Yeah, I got nothing.

What's Bootcamp ?

Sorry, not a Mac user.

It lets you install and run a copy of Windows on your Mac. Back when the free upgrade to Win 10 was going on, they were even letting illegal copies of Windows upgrade to Win 10.

Macs all transitioned to x86 Intel CPUs, too.

Tell him: NO EXCUSES!
Overwatch is life.

I'd love to see Discord reworked so that it turns "armor" health into regular health.

I feel like that would provide a more interesting counter/countered interaction with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom