• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see Discord reworked so that it turns "armor" health into regular health.

I feel like that would provide a more interesting counter/countered interaction with him.
I like the idea but that doesn't even qualify as a nerf it's not even in the same league as 50% more damage or even 30% for that matter.

Cool ability for Sombra though.

AngryMoth

FYI regarding running Overwatch on a boot camped Mac, I have an MBP with an M370X which I believe is still the best gpu you can get in a mac outside of the 5k iMac and overwatch does not run at an acceptable framerate with everything on low so...

R0ckman

Nah. Speed seems like it would have a ton of ramifications to it.

I could see adding a 25% to cooldown or something.

That doesn't really have that much of an impact though. Status effects need to be a bit more devistating than that to waste a skill on it. I guess if it adds something crazy like 10 secs to everything it would be useful though.

I like the idea but that doesn't even qualify as a nerf it's not even in the same league as 50% more damage or even 30% for that matter.

Cool ability for Sombra though.

I'm trying to think of every character that actually has armor that it would even matter.

Torb, obviously, since he has an ability based around it.
Winston
Reinhart
DVa

Is that it?

Edit: Bastion.

Azoor

It lets you install and run a copy of Windows on your Mac. Back when the free upgrade to Win 10 was going on, they were even letting illegal copies of Windows upgrade to Win 10.

Macs all transitioned to x86 Intel CPUs, too.

Tell him: NO EXCUSES!
Overwatch is life.

I see, I'll tell him that tomorrow.

Passive ability with a range like Lucio healing that affects all enemies?

You're right as a shift or e it's pretty meh.

It's challanging. The main thing to think about is you want to very rarely take control away from a player, and you typically want their experience to feel consistent.

The former is why people hate abilities like Ana's Sleep or McCree flashbang.

The later is why people hate it when Lucio drops an unexpected speedboost.

So typically, if you have any "status effects" you want something that doesn't interfere with these two rules as much. that doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, obviously there are. But you have to know when it's okay, and when it's not.

Not letting shields recharge would be even better and would qualify as an actual ability.

Ana's grenade should already do this IMO.

So:

Symmetra and her ability
Zarya
Zenyatta

Holy crap that seems really small for shields.

Maybe if the abilitiy did both the armor thing with the shield thing? Otherwise the possible target list is way too small.

I see, I'll tell him that tomorrow.
Bonus: if he is a srudent, he might be entitled to a free copy of Windows
FYI regarding running Overwatch on a boot camped Mac, I have an MBP with an M370X which I believe is still the best gpu you can get in a mac outside of the 5k iMac and overwatch does not run at an acceptable framerate with everything on low so...
Weird, because I have heard of people getting 60fps at 720p on Low-Medium on an Intel HD 5500.

So:

Symmetra and her ability
Zarya
Zenyatta

Maybe if the abilitiy did both the armor thing with the shield thing? Otherwise the possible target list is way too small.
Yes sorry I meant both.

It could be passive range like Lucio then you could 'shoot' it onto a enemy as an ability to stop them from escaping and recharging.

Y'all want a Zarya nerf? There ya go.

I don't know if I like the idea of making an ability that nerfs characters that don't need nerfing. Rein would get hit hard by this and so would Zarya. Torb would be even more worthless than he already is, and his really hurts Symm, and Bastion.

how good is that when shields don't even start to recharge until 3 seconds after damage is taken
They would have to turn back into shield for that countdown to begin.

You guys really out that much stock in armor? 5 less damage every shot doesn't mean much for most characters. And even then it's not super hard to take down Dva as Tracer.

I don't know if I like the idea of making an ability that nerfs characters that don't need nerfing. Rein would get hit hard by this and so would Zarya. Torb would be even more worthless than he already is, and his really hurts Symm, and Bastion.

Not really, considering it would replace the flat out "Take 30% more damage" part.

Satch

Banned
theres got to be some way to make discord a good ability without making it so devastating, but i dont have the slightest idea of what they should do

i dont see him falling out of favor even with this 30% discord change

theres got to be some way to make discord a good ability without making it so devastating, but i dont have the slightest idea of what they should do

i dont see him falling out of favor even with this 30% discord change

When active all cooldowns have 200% increased cooldowns?

That seems like a little too much. Imagine having an 18 second hook cooldown. As soon as Pharah gets a discord, she's as good as dead.

This might possibly be more game breaking.

Maybe 150%?

Either way, it can only really be applied to a single person at a time anyway so it shouldn't be that bad.

Plus, don't forget the whole line of sight thing.

darklin0

Banned
I find people take this game way, WAY to seriously. I want to know if they're even having fun.
I have fun all the time, every single time. Believe it.
pharah is like impossible to play without a mercy crawled up into her vagina and making a nest

the moment she leaves u are just doomed

this game sucks

Your salt gives me life. Pharah is one of the few that can easily 2-shot me as Lucio. McCree is the chosen savior.

hPYzCsM.gif

I had to make a gif because I could not find one that expressed my feelings correctly. lol

I don't think I've ever dominated a team so hard. I got bored cause everyone was dying instantly. Just a waiting game for the match the end.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think 30% is fine really. Just looking at it numbers wise the thing that makes it so devastating, the ability to make mccree one shot 200hp characters, is gone, and it just increases the effective range where he can land his 2 shot killing blow.

is roadhog viable in high level? i play the better games with him
Yes, although he isn't picked as frequently as Rein/Zarya, and he's really best as a complement to one of them. But that's high-level play, and if you have consistent success at other levels with him, then stick with it.

KraytarJ

I just had one of my best matches as Dva. Just felt like I was in the zone basically the whole time, I finally got past the 23 kill streak I kept getting and got to 30 only to get 4 votes… but damn if she's not a ton of fun.

GGs guys. Me and my friend had to go eat as well. Some fun matches there!

I still need to get better at dragon blades. Probably shouldnt have been Genji that last game when they had a Zarya and a Winston lol.

Also my first time playing Junkrat in awhile today. Need to play him more, forgot how gooood he is.

R0ckman

I actually love using McCrees roll to close in on enemies in other engagements to kill them. As many times as I've saved our Mercy by diving in and FB Fan you would think there would be more McCree Mercy shipping lol. Genji was closing in on her in a corner I just roll in and finish him ha ha. Love it when characters run into enclosed places. I just run as McCree and punish. I had a match earlier on when he was broken with fan where I basically locked down all flanking points.

Kito

Mid-2011 iMac (Radeon 6750M) on Windows 8.1 here, game runs flawlessly with no framerate issues.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually love using McCrees roll to close in on enemies in other engagements to kill them. As many times as I've saved our Mercy by diving in and FB Fan you would think there would be more McCree Mercy shipping lol..

The most popular ones are mchanzo and mcpharah weirdly enough.

Kito

I'm going to sound very rude here, but in what world is having 2 supports a bad thing? Outside of a last second push on defense to save a point from being capped, 2 Supports should be fucking standard.

Let me stress what I said only applies to non-groups without a reliable dps, where e.g. D.Va can win with gold damage. Secondly let me stress it's only Mercy + Lucio I have a gripe with, not 2 supports, other combinations are fine (Lucio + Zen, or Mercy + Ana). With Mercy + Lucio you are potentially healing dud dps players; you can't afford to lose that damage, so either healer is better off going Ana or Zen to compensate.

Anne

I learned how to play Mercy in custom games. Today I played some in quick play and boy does that make me wanna die.

I'll be honest, even though I suffered through Zen's Cancer Discord Meta back in beta, seeing it again this patch nearly drove me to quit. I would rather have Genji solo ulting a team then Zen's instant delete button with a semi coordinated team.

Yeah, I straight up stopped playing comp and only did QP when friends were around or the odd custom here and there. Like I can hang and play the meta, I have a good DPS/Tank character pool for this meta even, but I really am tired of cancer comp and rush strats being 90%+ of what I see.

That's fine though, bad patch cycles happen. Things are looking a bit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom