• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second off, the ability to look quickly around the screen, be mobile, and still get quick shots off was really important to her.
Yeah, this is it. Leave her damage as is, but make her scope fluid and maybe take a tick off hook cooldown (not too much or chasing her will become a nightmare). And she should be immune to her own poison, especially if D.Va is immune to her own goddamn nuke.

Skii

playing a lot more Reaper recently trying to geth that trophy and he's like easy mode to me. 15 kill streak is my average with him when i'm not even playing seriously. no wonder so many guys play him. :p

It's secretly why he's my main. I literally just run around pressing R2 and get most eliminations every game, especially KOTH.

Permanently A

Console or PC? On console my wall riding skills increased tenfold when I switched jump to L2. Now I can be that annoying Lucio that jumps around the tower in the middle of Lijiang and keeps you from taking the point.

PC. Need to get good! My fingers actually start hurting when I was trying to wallride the Illios pillars, so if anyone has some keybind suggestions for that I'm all ears.

Alucrid

Banned
? Don't feel bad. We want the support. I'll often hook characters outside of my league hoping my teammates will attack during the stun. I do get a certain level of satisfaction of blasting squishies in the face (especially the slippery ones) but I care more about winning the game. Knowing my teammates are watching me is more important.

i'll take a teammate killing my hooked target than me messing up and not killing a 200 hp character in one shot

not that that ever happens

Speaking of Reaper, I made one quit yesterday in QP. I was playing as defensive 76 on King's Row, and this Reaper was trying to sneak around to the back of the point. I cornered him and accidentally killed both of us with my rockets, then sprinted back and caught him teleporting to the exact same place so I killed him again and then he immediately quit.

I felt bad briefly, but I also laughed so I didn't feel too bad.

Starting to win more than i lose as mccree which is nice.

Still not the elim monster mccree can be but I'm hitting over 15 elims most times so that's nice.
I lose so badly with McCree. So, so badly. My winrate is hovering around 40%, which is one of my worst-winrate heroes. I'm not entirely sure why, either, since my other stats are decent-to-good, especially since I've been practicing with him lately.

My winrate with him in comp. is positive (and my stats, including accuracy, are much better than QP in an admittedly small sample size), so I guess partly it's my use of him in solo queue QP, where things are silly and teams are uncoordinated. But it just feels like win-lose-lose, win-lose-lose. Also I used him quite a bit through the period where he was heavily nerfed.

LiK

Speaking of Reaper, I made one quit yesterday in QP. I was playing as defensive 76 on King's Row, and this Reaper was trying to sneak around to the back of the point. I cornered him and accidentally killed both of us with my rockets, then sprinted back and caught him teleporting to the exact same place so I killed him again and then he immediately quit.

I felt bad briefly, but I also laughed so I didn't feel too bad.

I don't feel bad for Reaper players at all. The ones who cried and bitched at me and my groups in both Comp and QP the most were all Reaper players.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I lose so badly with McCree. So, so badly. My winrate is hovering around 40%, which is one of my worst-winrate heroes. I'm not entirely sure why, either, since my other stats are decent-to-good, especially since I've been practicing with him lately.

My winrate with him in comp. is positive (and my stats, including accuracy, are much better than QP in an admittedly small sample size), so I guess partly it's my use of him in solo queue QP, where things are silly and teams are uncoordinated. But it just feels like win-lose-lose, win-lose-lose. Also I used him quite a bit through the period where he was heavily nerfed.

Mines around 40% but that's actually an improvement from the low 30% that I was in.

So yeah, improving!

Yeah, they should figure out how to buff Widow. To be fair, she was extremely toxic to game health at the time and they had to nerf her pretty hard to be sure. I don't mind things like that sitting out for a patch cycle. Soldier was my most played pre nerf and I knew he was borderline busted. When he got nerfed I kinda expected it and took the opportunity to learn McCree/Genji. Now he's coming back a bit and I'm excited to give him another go. Widow needs that same treatment, but buffing her too much is going to just make her toxic again :T Soldier has a much lower chance of doing that now that we have a good idea of where to be with McCree.
what was wrong with her at the beginning? I'm not familiar with how she was on PC but I don't think she was ever really an issue on consoles lol
They didn't need to touch her on console. She was already pretty bad there. An example of them not keeping the balance separate between platforms.
that and the Symmetra turrets tbh
They will get her back on her feet.

That nerf was ridiculous.

When Blizzard nerfs shit, they nerf it hard. Now they have to buff her again... *facepalm*
yeah, I really think it was too much, especially on console. She is borderline useless now.
Bungie only knows how to nerf/buff two ways. 30% or 50%.
Bungie? :p

I can't believe that 3.22 nano boost assists is the top 2%. I'm always underwhelmed at the end of the game because it charges so fast and I'm not shy about using it. Coupled with the fact that it's usually two ults at once (nano boost, plus Dragonblade, tactical visor, etc.) averaging ~1 kill per boost seems really low.

R0ckman

He depends very heavily on team and group synergy. You need to stay near your tanks but he is very weak in teams that like to play poke out chicken when attacking, so you won't be good on teams with cowardly tanks and other characters afraid to push, he is very strong with agressive teams, maps with high ground and situations that support one on one engagements and ambushes.

I'm at 43% with him, but my damage with him is bad while my accuracy is pretty good. I'm probably better off using Tracer, who I have at 55% and 40 hours. The problem I have with her is that characters run from me.

Lol Symmetra would just hide on the other side of the map once she puts her teleport down. I mean teams would be fighting 5v6 but I think it's a risk worth taking if teleports become invulnerable.

That's a good point (though the Teleporter would still go down after 6 uses so it wouldn't that that long term of a strategy). Maybe make it invulnerable until someone at least one person uses the Teleporter.

LiK

McCree is the best when he's sneaking around flanking other teams. I usually die to McCrees who don't stick with their teams.

That's a good point (though the Teleporter would still go down after 6 uses so it wouldn't that that long term of a strategy). Maybe make it invulnerable until someone at least one person uses the Teleporter.

Tbh I'd be happier if it was just less visible. Right now, the Teleporter hums, glows (a LOT), and people who jump out of it leave a glowing trail for a bit. For something that only has 6 charges and a pretty pitiful health pool, that strikes me as excessive.

Tbh I'd be happier if it was just less visible. Right now, the Teleporter hums, glows (a LOT), and people who jump out of it leave a glowing trail for a bit. For something that only has 6 charges and a pretty pitiful health pool, that strikes me as excessive.

There's also the fact that getting anywhere near it as the enemy brings the call-out up: "Hey, they have a teleporter!"

If you're Reaper, you can camp it for a bit and all but guarantee a kill instead of outright denying the teleporter. Tracer can, too, if it's in a place where you can get some space in case they don't drop quick enough.

Anne

what was wrong with her at the beginning? I'm not familiar with how she was on PC but I don't think she was ever really an issue on consoles lol

She had the highest DPS in the game by a large margin with no drop off and no real limit to how she dealt it other than aim on a hitscan gun. Like every single fight could be summed up by looking for Widow in the killfeed since she just commanded whatever her LoS was with instant or near instant kills.

Moonkeis

I'm really enjoying Ana after getting in more game time with her in QP. Most of the time, if I know I have a team that won't bother to cover me as Mercy, I'll pick her instead depending on the map.

There's also the fact that getting anywhere near it as the enemy brings the call-out up: "Hey, they have a teleporter!"

If you're Reaper, you can camp it for a bit and all but guarantee a kill instead of outright denying the teleporter. Tracer can, too, if it's in a place where you can get some space in case they don't drop quick enough.

Pretty much all of this. The official tip is to shore up your defenses around your teleporter with turrets, but if you're doing that, you're not using your turrets on the point or at chokepoints, and with a pool of 6, every one counts.

Maybe instead of making it invincible, make it cloaked, and have the cloak drop for a second or so when somebody runs through?

LiK

Ana is fun but trying to keep people healed with her is pretty tiring. She needs another support to help. I've played in groups where I was Ana and the only support and it's impossible to keep everyone healthy.

He depends very heavily on team and group synergy. You need to stay near your tanks but he is very weak in teams that like to play poke out chicken when attacking, so you won't be good on teams with cowardly tanks and other characters afraid to push, he is very strong with agressive teams, maps with high ground and situations that support one on one engagements and ambushes.
Yeah, I think this is the fundamental difference between my QP and comp stats: I'm benefitting from coordinated pushes with shields and good supports, and not just trying to 1v1 everyone on the other team.

McCree is the best when he's sneaking around flanking other teams. I usually die to McCrees who don't stick with their teams.
Problem is he's slow and has very limited escape options compared to the other offense heroes, so it's a big risk/reward gamble every time you peel off by yourself. And coordinated teams punish it. I feel like I'm way more successful standing just behind the tanks or to one side of the frontline than being first to the fight or being in the backline. With the way the game was in season 1, you could sit in the middle of the deathball and switch between catching out flankers and pinging their tanks and supports, only going solo for sneaky Deadeyes.

What if she had a way to press Ult again to give the teleporter a 5 second shielded status? That would be on a cooldown, itself.

This might give the thing some time between "Somebody is attacking my teleporter" and "It's dead." Nearby friendlies could help out or you could haul over there.

It would also make people think twice before diving in on it.

My win rate with McCree is 16%. Getting a 50% win rate with him seems like a pipe dream right now - I am awful, so so awful with him.

The only other characters I have a sub-40% win rate with are Reinhardt, Mercy, and Genji. Genji is getting closer to 50% though because I've gotten a handle on him, and Mercy I just don't play in QP anymore because I get slaughterer with bad teams. Reinhardt I wish I had a better win rate with because I love playing as him, but like Mercy success with him tends to depend entirely on team make-up.

Most everybody else I fluctuate between 40%-60% win rates depending on streaks.

I don't feel bad for Reaper players at all. The ones who cried and bitched at me and my groups in both Comp and QP the most were all Reaper players.

The only players I don't feel the least bit bad for killing are ones who teabag after killing. I.E. The Genji who I killed twice and shutdown his ult twice, and when he finally killed me the third time and decided to teabag after. Every time I murdered him afterwards was a pleasure.

Hmm...

Maybe I'm a good McCree? My stats aren't too impressive but my win rate is great. I have 41% accuracy which seems solid for console. My eliminations are low, but I don't get many cheap kills with McCree (10 final blows per 14 eliminations seems really high). And I'm pretty good at keeping flankers in check.

exYle

Hmm...

Maybe I'm a good McCree? My stats aren't too impressive but my win rate is great. I have 41% accuracy which seems solid for console. My eliminations are low, but I don't get many cheap kills with McCree (10 final blows per 14 eliminations seems really high). And I'm pretty good at keeping flankers in check.

For someone who doesn't use guns, you're pretty good at shooting

xaosslug

Lol Symmetra would just hide on the other side of the map once she puts her teleport down. I mean teams would be fighting 5v6 but I think it's a risk worth taking if teleports become invulnerable.

yup, the strat would be drop a teleporter on the point and then run back to spawn and stay there until it expires. LOL It would be permanent 5v5, every match. xD

Prelude.

Ana is fun but trying to keep people healed with her is pretty tiring. She needs another support to help. I've played in groups where I was Ana and the only support and it's impossible to keep everyone healthy.
In QP attack she's fine as a solo healer, you have both enemies and allies in the same direction and you're usually left alone since not many go that far. On defense, well, I wouldn't even pick her to begin with.

In QP attack she's fine as a solo healer, you have both enemies and allies in the same direction and you're usually left alone since not many go that far. On defense, well, I wouldn't even pick her to begin with.
Nah, she's great on defense. A lot easier for her to stay back and heal her team.

LiK

I wish. People usually split up anyway so fuck whoever decided to run ahead themselves. I ain't pulling a Mercy for them.

R0ckman

Kind of a bummer to watch this Overwatch tournament. Not because it isn't good or fun to watch... Just that the balance and meta is in such a way that both teams lineups are exactly identical.

Winston, Zen, Zarya, Lucio, Tracer and Genji.

Not even a Hanzo sighting...

They need to design better maps

R0ckman

Yeah, I think this is the fundamental difference between my QP and comp stats: I'm benefitting from coordinated pushes with shields and good supports, and not just trying to 1v1 everyone on the other team.

Problem is he's slow and has very limited escape options compared to the other offense heroes, so it's a big risk/reward gamble every time you peel off by yourself. And coordinated teams punish it. I feel like I'm way more successful standing just behind the tanks or to one side of the frontline than being first to the fight or being in the backline. With the way the game was in season 1, you could sit in the middle of the deathball and switch between catching out flankers and pinging their tanks and supports, only going solo for sneaky Deadeyes.

The ONLY time I 1v1 is when I'm punishing a retreater when I'm on attack. Other than that I will circle around and ambush if I think I can get the kill on a defense game.

Prelude.

Nah, she's great on defense. A lot easier for her to stay back and heal her team.
You must be really lucky or playing against terrible teams, then. You're constantly getting flanked from every spot on defense. If you go that far back that no one can hit you and just heal your team, you're just wasting her potential.

I wish. People usually split up anyway so fuck whoever decided to run ahead themselves. I ain't pulling a Mercy for them.
On a somewhat decent comp/team, I mean. Flankers are on their own with any healer, anyway. They can't expect you to leave the team just to reach them in their out of LoS corner.

They need to design better maps

Better maps, but honestly the core of it is that the heroes are just laughably imbalanced right now. We'll see if that changes after the newest update goes live, but I suspect that all we'll see is a new six must-haves and then a whole bunch of never-uses.

Well, actually, if nothing else, Mei is going to be a KotH necessity, so there'll be some variety there.

Prelude.

It's not like everyone flanks in this game -_-
Smart teams don't try to go through the main choke over and over, they're gonna use different routes. Ana's not really good at dealing with those sudden pushes from unexpected places, she's not reactionary enough. She's sort of fine as a secondary healer, but there are still better options on defense.

LiK

Roadhog is annoying to fight against. So I agree. I still need that one trophy where you push two guys off. I was denied a bunch last time I played as him by a stupid D.Va constantly using DM during my Ult.

Roadhog is very unique and super fun. I'd replace McCree waaaay before Hog.
Porky jank-chain ult battery with a kinda fun shotgun and a very boring ult? No thank you.

Oh I got beat up on by everyone on the map because I'm a fat bullet magnet? Excuse me while I stand in the corner facing the wall and vaping health into myself so our supports won't have ult.

I really hate the way matchmaking works in this game. If one person leaves it gives you 30 seconds to find a 10th. If it doesn't then you're booted to sit there waiting for a completely new game. Why? It would be so much faster finding the 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom