• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I play a lot of McCree these days, but I actually find him pretty whatever. Like, he's the only hitscan character I can really practice and get a lot of return on my aim right now. It's really satisfying to land those flicks or a couple of clean kills in a row. Outside of that he's whatever tbh, I prefer Soldier in basically every way.

what's your senstivity settings?
I put it a bit higher than the default. But the LB jump just throws me off. Obviously I could fix it with playtime but I honestly don't really care to learn Genji, even without the nerf, I'd rather play Tracer (who I'm much better with anyway).

Prelude.

I play a lot of McCree these days, but I actually find him pretty whatever. Like, he's the only hitscan character I can really practice and get a lot of return on my aim right now. It's really satisfying to land those flicks or a couple of clean kills in a row. Outside of that he's whatever tbh, I prefer Soldier in basically every way.
I can't play Soldier anymore since they nerfed him, it just makes me mad using him. I really want that PTR buff to go live.

I find McCree boring af to watch in the pro scene. Them landing shots isn't really surprising and he doesn't really do much else. Watching Snow play Tracer yesterday was SO much more interesting.

BUT, when it's me hitting good shots and stunning + FTH on a flanking Reaper it's fun as hell. Definitely know what you mean though.

Anne

I can't play Soldier anymore since they nerfed him, it just makes me mad using him. I really want that PTR buff to go live.

I play him on live right now every now and then. He's really not bad at all; you can easily do well with him all the way up to the top level. McCree is just better in a couple areas and gets more off Zenyatta so it's always better to pick him instead.

Prelude.

I play him on live right now every now and then. He's really not bad at all; you can easily do well with him all the way up to the top level. McCree is just better in a couple areas and gets more off Zenyatta so it's always better to pick him instead.
The spread recovery is so bad it just makes me not want to shoot at distant enemies because I know they'll just run away before I kill them.

Anne

The spread recovery is so bad it just makes me not want to shoot at distant enemies because I know they'll just run away before I kill them.

Well, technically if you burst correctly you can still get pretty good DPS without getting too much spread. It's not what it was before, but it's not bad enough to not poke or chase people down. The only real issue is that if you do make a mistake or have to go for a couple more bullets then you get to a bad place. That's being fixed a bit though.

Like really outside of the fact that Soldier can't land one shot kills and his DPS is just a bit lower, Soldier isn't that much worse than McCree outright.

Rad-

Top 5 heroes in Overwatch:
Tracer
Roadhog
Zarya
Ana
McCree

Fight me irl if you disagree.

That's almost like my list as well except I'd change Hog to Pharah.

I want Soldier buff to go live so fast so I can try him out... How are you PTR people finding him now? Taimou praised him above McCree but then Seagull said McCree is still better.

No Hog love in here :( where is Ramirez?

A good Roadhog game is amazing. Grabbing bitches who come just a little to close to the choke point, or a sniper on their perch, and especially anyone in the middle of an ult. Landing that hook and seeing that look of defeat in your opponents face a split second before you blow if off is the most satisfying combo in the game.

*Optimus! *high five*

Anne

I want Soldier buff to go live so fast so I can try him out... How are you PTR people finding him now? Taimou praised him above McCree but then Seagull said McCree is still better.

McCree is still better, but I could see Soldier getting picked on certain maps and segments now. He's still behind McCree in terms of DPS, but helix+sprint are pretty valuable. It's a tough call to make. Again, McCree is still the better raw DPS and kill option but Soldier isn't far behind.

McCree losing one shots is actually a pretty huge deal though.

Rad-

No Hog love in here :( where is Ramirez?

A good Roadhog game is amazing. Grabbing bitches who come just a little to close to the choke point, or a sniper on their perch, and especially anyone in the middle of an ult. Landing that hook and seeing that look of defeat in your opponents face a split second before you blow if off is the most satisfying combo in the game.

*Optimus! *high five*
Whenever I play Hog and someone from the enemy team uses ult I feel like it's my fault that they got that ult.
tePeSZw.png

Anyone want to play in few minutes? PS4.

Roadhog is annoying to fight against. So I agree. I still need that one trophy where you push two guys off. I was denied a bunch last time I played as him by a stupid D.Va constantly using DM during my Ult.

Just play Nepal: Sanctum with Roadhog, drop down the little chute behind the objective, and blast away unsuspecting dudes. It's how I got my trophy and I think Ive done it twice more after getting it lol

Only ones I have left are Zenny's impossible one and lucio wall ride, I just stopped trying and actually went back to having fun with the game! I figured I'll probably get them naturally eventually, maybe....
probably not

Satch

Banned
LMAOOO THIS GUY WAS IN MY GAME LAST GAME AND WE NEEDED A REAPER FOR THEIR TANKS AND I BEGGED HIM TO SEAP OFF TRACER AND HE WOULDNT DO IT

THEN WE LOST SO HE WAS IN MY GAME NEXT GAME AND HE GOES "NOW ILL PLAY REAPER". LIKE WHAT? WE ALREADY LOST LAST GAME

I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD LMFAO

LiK

Just play Nepal: Sanctum with Roadhog, drop down the little chute behind the objective, and blast away unsuspecting dudes. It's how I got my trophy and I think Ive done it twice more after getting it lol

i know that. that's the exact place where the D.Va was constantly. never managed to push them because of her.

The most satisfying feeling in this game for me is playing as Zenyatta on a capable team. It's frantic and tense. You have a ridiculously high kill participation percentage if you're doing it right (thanks to the orbs). You have to be watching as much of the battlefield as possible while simultaneously keeping your head clear, and you're responsible for callouts. It's stressful, but the good kind of stressful, and I love it.

(Playing any support on a team with trash DPS players is like pulling your hair out, however).

NimbusD

I still don't think reflect is a problem. It is insanely hard already to actually deflect stuff back at people, nerfing the box is just going to make deflect even harder.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one ever complained about deflect before they saw that video. Just saying.

It's funny , before this was brought up, at least that I know of, I had a match a few days ago where a teammate brought it up. He aimed a rocket at a Mei and genuine was reflecting someone else but just happened to be close enough to the mei that the hotbox, which the visuals don't match at all, threw it back St him.

Since then I've seen it so much now that I'm aware of it. If people aren't complaining it's because they just haven't noticed. Which doesn't mean it isn't poorly designed.

My biggest gripe across the board for this game is hitboxes being significantly off from the visuals. Just change the visuals to match at least so it feels fair and not cheap. Seriously even make the hand arrows bigger or give them some wind or technology electrical glow effect so people can see fairly what it's range is, who cares if the arrow looks silly big, they have great artists that can figure out some solution that doesn't look that bad.

When you fly in to the rez the whole team after a wipe only to miscalculate and rez 1 person

I felt so embarrassed i immediately quit the match

When you put up a list of the 5 best characters and everything is checking out but then you shit the bed by not including Winston. Feelsvaultman.

When you put up a list of the 5 best characters and everything is checking out but then you shit the bed by not including Winston. FeelsHarambeman.
Fixed.

When you have a headshot lined up with Hanzo/Widowmaker on a guy standing still and they move at the last second. Feelsbadman

xaosslug

when you have the enemy Zarya down to a sliver of health and then she bubble's up and retreats into her team. -____________-

TrueBlue

Is a higher sensitivity recommended for Tracer?

I nean, I'm alright with her - but I feel like there's an element of luck to my eliminations via spraying bullets and hoping :lol

exYle

I nean, I'm alright with her - but I feel like there's an element of luck to my eliminations via spraying bullets and hoping :lol

Yeah high sensitivity is a good idea, you're gonna be blinking past people a lot and you're gonna need to turn around fast

Gorillaz

Ehh sorta In terms of quickly zipping out of stuff...I play as Winston the same way because of how fast I need to get in and out of battle.

In terms of aiming? not really, you need to have a shot lined up and if you can't handle it at higher sensitivity I wouldn't even do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom