• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Need some folks in Europe to play with, as someone said above, playing solo is pretty random.
Any tips on good ways to start out? I'm just level 5 and working things out really

Probably play with someone who can give you tips, but yeah, you're still way too early so just enjoy learning the ropes.

I'm playing on PS4 and have not seen Hanamura or Hollywood in at least a week, I think actually more. What's going on? Did I miss something? Were those maps taken out of rotation?

LiK

I'm playing on PS4 and have not seen Hanamura or Hollywood in at least a week, I think actually more. What's going on? Did I miss something? Were those maps taken out of rotation?

I just played them tonight. They're still there.

Also, a bit bummed two dudes I played a lot of Destiny/OW with from GAF decided to suddenly delete me off their lists. Not even sure of the reason. Had a good time last time. Guess they did their own purge. Farewell friends.

darklin0

Banned

It's just bad rotation. I played Volskaya like 12 times in one day and 0 times my favorite map. I feel like people leave on certain maps and causes them to pop more up when you queue up.
My favorite map is Anubis

xaosslug

I don't really have a way to try and get it. I just have to play and try to put ulting people to sleep.

jk, I got a PotG as Zenny from killing 2 peeps on the objective then ulting and helping cap the point, so I think it would be possible to do something similar w/ Ana? Maybe? Like in overtime, put an ulting character to sleep that would have otherwise turned the tide might snag you a 'shutdown' PotG? IDK, I don't play Ana enough to know what would garner her one. :(

lucky! ;)

but yeah, that can happen. Once I went a couple of day w/o seeing Dorado.

I just played them tonight. They're still there.

Also, a bit bummed two dudes I played a lot of Destiny/OW with from GAF decided to suddenly delete me off their lists. Not even sure of the reason. Had a good time last time. Guess they did their own purge. Farewell friends.

It's just bad rotation. I played Volskaya like 12 times in one day and 0 times my favorite map. I feel like people leave on certain maps and causes them to pop more up when you queue up.
My favorite map is Anubis

Man, it's been so absent my friend and I joke every single time a new match starts that it won't be Hanamura or Hollywood. Then, it actually never is.
One friend just got the game this week, he's only played with us, he has never seen either map.
Weird shit.

xaosslug

Need some folks in Europe to play with, as someone said above, playing solo is pretty random.
Any tips on good ways to start out? I'm just level 5 and working things out really

i would run through all the characters in player vs. AI just to get your bearings, and see who you like.

are you on PS4? IDK if us peeps and Europe peeps can play together (?) but you can shoot me a friend request (PSN: res1tvih) and we can try group up. Fair warning: I don't use a mic! :p

holysan

Why should competitive lineups be "fun"?

Do you also criticize olympic athletes if their effort doesn't look entertaining enough?

Because the lineup should be diverse, since the first 4 players are decided by a popularity voting. Having a single pro team there is hilarious.

Moonkid

That's the dream yo. Meanwhile I'm lucky to play KOTH one in every ten matches ;_;

holysan

HQzHEAP.jpg

Greddleok

I actually played against a pair of Reaper's that were called "Cotton_Candy_Hippo" & "Elusive_bUBBLE_bUTT". Yet to fight one that has a ridiculous name such as the listed above.

The bubble butt is never elusive. Guy just doesn't know where to look.

Widowmakers are everywhere.

ISOM

Often on CP maps if the 1st point is being taken and the entire enemy team is on the point, I just give it up and fall back to the 2nd point. The amount of times people have complained at me not rushing the first point when it's more than 1/2 full and the entire enemy team is on the point has been ridiculous. And this is me as a nontank class. These teammates complain oh why I don't rush the point in a futile attempt to hold it when no one else is close to contesting it with me. And they don't realize if I die, we're facing a 5v6 situation as the enemy team tries to snowball. It's just so irritating people don't know basic tactics like that.

Blues1990

The bubble butt is never elusive. Guy just doesn't know where to look.

Widowmakers are everywhere.

Or any of the female heroes in Overwatch, maybe with the exception of Ana.

Seriously, it's like the lead art director/character designer of this game is a leg/ass man. Symmetra is a perfect example of this.

Moonkid

Any ps4 groups on?
Not that I know of, but is this the usual time you'd be on? Asking just in case it is because I'd like to have at least one person in a similarish time zone to me :p I've virtually never seen activity from Gaf around these hours on PS4.

Jellie

Not that I know of, but is this the usual time you'd be on? Asking just in case it is because I'd like to have at least one person in a similarish time zone to me :p I've virtually never seen activity from Gaf around these hours on PS4.
Yeah UK based so I'm on at these times until the end of September.

Moonkid

Yeah UK based so I'm on at these times until the end of September.
Awesome! Unfortunately I won't be playing tonight, but I will be playing fairly regularly until the end of next week because I'm on my midsemtester break. ID is Moon_k1d, hope to catch some games with ya!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are Australian psn players here though, and the games I've played with kiwis on pc are pretty good connection wise.

jorma

is now taking requests
How the hell did Taimou only come second in the Finnish voting lol?

Oh googled the first guy. Apparently has a lot of followers on youtube or something. Smh. Also main McCree. LOL if he steals that spot from Taimou.

Finland is still stacked though, i figure France got boned even harder. Just one of the frenchies from Rogue got in, and it aint akm...

DevilDog

Just played against against a guy named DeathsOwnReaper.

You'll never guess who he played.

I met a dude named Reaper. He played Reaper of course.

He went around on eichenwalde, using the laughing emote while staring at windows and open landscapes.

When he got a multikill, he would type in the chat ''Taking lives, claiming what's mine''.

Good times.

Man, it's been so absent my friend and I joke every single time a new match starts that it won't be Hanamura or Hollywood. Then, it actually never is.
One friend just got the game this week, he's only played with us, he has never seen either map.
Weird shit.
That's weird, because I feel like all I ever get now is Volskaya and Hollywood.

Lagamorph

Question.
I've played the PS4 version and have linked it to my battle.net account. If I got the PC version, would my progress/unlocks carry over?

Lagamorph

No. Nothing carries over.
Damn, that's a bit naff. Was hoping to move to PC since I was renting the PS4 version and Game are doing the PC version for £28, but might reconsider now. My level was only about 8, but I'd got a few Summer Game unlocks that you can't get anymore can you?

I met a dude named Reaper. He played Reaper of course.

He went around on eichenwalde, using the laughing emote while staring at windows and open landscapes.

When he got a multikill, he would type in the chat ''Taking lives, claiming what's mine''.

Good times.

I met HanzoShimada in the PTR.

Guess why we lost that match?

Damn, that's a bit naff. Was hoping to move to PC since I was renting the PS4 version and Game are doing the PC version for £28, but might reconsider now. My level was only about 8, but I'd got a few Summer Game unlocks that you can't get anymore can you?
The summer games will be a yearly thing so you'll be able to get those items again next year. Also I doubt you would have a lot of good stuff from only 8 levels anyway.

Lagamorph

The summer games will be a yearly thing so you'll be able to get those items again next year. Also I doubt you would have a lot of good stuff from only 8 levels anyway.
Didn't realise they were coming back next year, thought it was an Olympics only thing. That's not so bad then. I hadn't got the skins I was hoping for, the only summer game skins I got were McGree and the Russian lady one who's name I can't remember as I've never even played as her.

Might go for it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom