• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consoles will most likely get the balance changes and Season 2 in the same patch.
qIP2xx6.gif

ramyeon

Played Widowmaker on Attack in QP and did surprisingly well since I have pretty much never used her. She's actually fun to play now that I'm better at aiming on console.

I feel dirty.

neoemonk

I don't really care for shooters, so Overwatch hasn't held much interest for me, but I did just watch that Bastion short, and thought it was really good. Are the rest of the character shorts that enjoyable as well? I may just become a fan of Overwatch short films.

LiK

if Comp starts when new map is out at the same time on consoles, that's gonna be rough with groups or randos who never seen it. I've watched a map guide and gameplay for it so I'm pretty familiar with the layout.

Blues1990

I don't really care for shooters, so Overwatch hasn't held much interest for me, but I did just watch that Bastion short, and thought it was really good. Are the rest of the character shorts that enjoyable as well? I may just become a fan of Overwatch short films.

The animated shorts are definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed "The Last Bastion." 'Alive' and 'Dragons' are my personal favourites, but it wouldn't hurt to check them all out. Also, give the comics a shot, as they are pretty fun reads.

I would guess the same day the new season starts.

That would be insane if Blizzard doesn't give everyone (especially for those who play the console versions) time to get used to the changes.

R0ckman

Looks there are some hit detection issues in the game. I notice it sometimes in games but it was pretty bad when I was practicing McCree headshots on Ana in custom games.

I knew something was wrong when I was shooting a reaper in a match and the shots were going THROUGH him. Even on his kill came it actually showed the bullets hitting him dead on. It was easy to shoot him to because he was running at me in a straight line. I was shooting him thinking - "WTF?! Why are my hits not working?"

LiK

I'm at work but I wanna play more OW. had a good time last night. we kept fighting the same tryhard group. those dudes were teabagging and playing like it was Comp. i liked how their group slowly disbanded after every loss.

Skii

They probably had no idea who he was before that lan tournament.

He's incredible though.

Ah. He's only 17 as well apparently. He's already one of the best Genjis in the world.

Yeah I liked them all, especially "Dragons". The fighting choreography and just general attention to detail in that short particular was really great.

Anne

Looks there are some hit detection issues in the game. I notice it sometimes in games but it was pretty bad when I was practicing McCree headshots on Ana in custom games.

I knew something was wrong when I was shooting a reaper in a match and the shots were going THROUGH him. Even on his kill came it actually showed the bullets hitting him dead on. It was easy to shoot him to because he was running at me in a straight line. I was shooting him thinking - "WTF?! Why are my hits not working?"

Yeah, this has been known about for awhile. 60 tick helped, but there are still a number of smaller issues where hit detection just fails. It's most noticeable on Genji when he jumps. You can shoot him and see visual feedback that you hit, but no hit marker or damage.

Or any of the female heroes in Overwatch, maybe with the exception of Ana.

Seriously, it's like the lead art director/character designer of this game is a leg/ass man. Symmetra is a perfect example of this.

I have Widowmaker's Curtain Call emote equipped for this very reason. No shame.

LiK

i just discovered that the only summer games item i don't have is Reaper BMX player icon. a bit bummed my collection is incomplete now.

http://gear.blizzard.com/overwatch?p=2

They don't even use the good sprays. Pshaw.

I would be so down for a good Overwatch shirt or some nice figurines but there's just nothing in the official merchandise that I want.

In a few months I'm sure there will be some killer fan-designed clothing though.

That's the best icon too.

I don't even reap that much but I still wear it.

Diving Roadhog begs to differ.

BMX Reaper is the best - I just didn't get that icon so I go with next best. :(

jorma

is now taking requests
Oh a question about the sprays - whenever i pull of a potential potg and top it off by leaving my spray on the wall, the spray never actually shows up in the potg sequence after the game, it just shows the generic spray. What's up with that?

Is that a feature or a bug? I play on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Oh a question about the sprays - whenever i pull of a potential potg and top it off by leaving my spray on the wall, the spray never actually shows up in the potg sequence after the game, it just shows the generic spray. What's up with that?

It usually just doesn't load in time. Don't know why. I've seen it work properly before.

Also you're the worst kind of person.

Skii

i just discovered that the only summer games item i don't have is Reaper BMX player icon. a bit bummed my collection is incomplete now.

It's one of the very few Reaper items I've obtained from loot boxes and I will cherish it forever and always as a Reaper main.

DevilDog

Haha, why is reaper even riding a bike, it's so random.

I dunno, i find all the shorts to be incredibly cheesy.

Blizzard doesn't do subtlety well.

The cgi is top notch, and the action is quite nice and unique as well.

With the exception of Dragons, the rest have absurdly bad dialogue.

jorma

is now taking requests
It usually just doesn't load in time. Don't know why. I've seen it work properly before.

Also you're the worst kind of person.

Ah ok, thanks.

Hehe i know! But when you kill five people camping the objective whith your awesome diva ult sometimes (all of the times) you just want to rub it in :p

Grisby

Yeah, they're fine. The dialogue isn't the greatest, but visually they're ace.

Dragons is still the best overwatch short.

Unless theres a new one with just Genji and Mercy shenanigans.

A short on pre downfall overwatch woulf be ace as well.

Prelude.

You should give it a try, I don't care about shooters either but I spent like 170 hours on it so far. They should release a trial version in the near future.

I think it only shows sprays tied to achievements, so like the 2 each hero has, teatime, the speech bubble ones, etc. They should fix it. Literally unplayable.

So I realized I'm pretty subpar, trying to improve.

Decided to look up my stats for reference.

There might be hope for me. For example, my accuracy with McCree is in the top 9% at 48% average. Not elite or anything, but when I look at my eliminations/damage and see that they fall within the average it tells me I'm being too careful. I have the aim to be better than what I am doing. Similar for other heroes.

I have to work on my pacing and playstyle. I'm probably not being aggressive enough.

jorma

is now taking requests
You should give it a try, I don't care about shooters either but I spent like 170 hours on it so far. They should release a trial version in the near future.

I think it only shows sprays tied to achievements, so like the 2 each hero has, teatime, the speech bubble ones, etc. They should fix it. Literally unplayable.

Oh ok. Will try.
But I figure what's the point of these 30 sprays per hero if you can't even use them to gloat..:)

Oh ok. Will try.
But I figure what's the point of these 30 sprays per hero if you can't even use them to gloat..:)

That's not right. It's a "bug" kind of thing.

Basically, it's a loading issue. Sprays are like the last thing to be loaded into the engine, so when you watch anything under highlights it's not very common you get to see any actual sprays.

I've seen/done this enough times to be able to tell. I've even spotted it a few times where I lay down the spray, it shows the generic one, then 2 seconds later it "updates" to show my actual spray.

How is BMX alternative? It's one of the most mainstream sports I've seen. They got sponsors, huge fans, great coverage and it is very accessible.

In a world of Basketball, Football, Baseball, etc... BMX is pretty alternative. It's not a team based sport where you have multiple people on the field. It's a performance sport, where you're just trying to do sweet tricks better than someone else can do sweet tricks.

Edit: If you think it's mainstream, then why isn't it ever on FOX, NBC, CBS, or ABC?

LiK

40/40 but all this talk of sensitivity the past few pages is making me feel like I should increase it.

My global sensitivity is set to 50/35.

I've thought about changing it for specific characters, but I'm afraid my muscle memory wont like that.

i'm in the middle (45/45) with global settings. i think i will practice with him more and see if i need to change it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom