• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorma

is now taking requests
That's not right. It's a "bug" kind of thing.

Basically, it's a loading issue. Sprays are like the last thing to be loaded into the engine, so when you watch anything under highlights it's not very common you get to see any actual sprays.

I've seen/done this enough times to be able to tell. I've even spotted it a few times where I lay down the spray, it shows the generic one, then 2 seconds later it "updates" to show my actual spray.

Well i figured it made sense, because i've definitely seen sprays show up when pros do it in competitive. And i think i've only seen them put down the tea time and the speech bubbles, so it kinda made sense. That or it's just that it loads faster on PC.

Oh well.

neoemonk

You should give it a try, I don't care about shooters either but I spent like 170 hours on it so far. They should release a trial version in the near future.

My local library has PS4 games and I've seen it in there. I could check it out some time but I never play online games because I hate getting my ass kicked severely and never want to dedicate all my gaming time to one game, which I think I would have to do in order to compete. The fact that it's a shooter also means my base skill level is even lower than something like Street Fighter, where I can at least eke out some wins against other scrubs based on playing a lot of SF2 growing up.

On the other hand the character designs look neat, so maybe it's worth trying out for free some time.

My global sensitivity is set to 50/35.

I've thought about changing it for specific characters, but I'm afraid my muscle memory wont like that.

I was afraid to change Genji for this reason, but I finally did and play him a lot better now. I play him infrequently enough that it's like playing a different FPS all-together.

I keep the rest at the same. I think I'm around 40/35, maybe?

The slight stiffness helps with McCree and Zen, I feel. Zen is a hell of a lot easier to aim, though. I'm either "on" with McCree or I'm totally not; I can't seem to find a middle ground.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OMG if I play one more team that just keeps fucking poking at the doorway.

Fucking learn that you need to be aggressive.

no seriously, what's your sensitivity? i'm just trying to gauge what everyone is using.

I was actually being serious. I have it set to 100/100 globally.

Same as CoD, where I always gradually increase the sensitivity until it's eventually maxed out.

LiK

I was actually being serious. I have it set to 100/100 globally.

Same as CoD, where I always gradually increase the sensitivity until it's eventually maxed out.

O_O;;

i'm actually going up 1 increment after every match. trying to see how much i can take before i start losing my aiming but so far it's been fine.

blizzard really needs to do something about Mei's stupid wall.

if she feels like sabotaging the team because she's decided that she's a big baby and the universe should cater to her, she can be such a disruptive force.

got a video of four of us respawning and then mei trapping us in the spawn room at a critical moment. not good.

they need to either make it so that it cannot be put within a certain radius of the spawn room, allow teammates to fire through it, or allow teammates to walk through it like reinhardt's shield.

Jellie

if she feels like sabotaging the team because she's decided that she's a big baby and the universe should cater to her, she can be such a disruptive force.

got a video of four of us respawning and then mei trapping us in the spawn room at a critical moment. not good.

they need to either make it so that it cannot be put within a certain radius of the spawn room, allow teammates to fire through it, or allow teammates to walk through it like reinhardt's shield.
Overtime and somebody switched to mei and blocked the who just respawned in.

Odds are the problem will fix itself with competitive comes back.

Odds are the problem will fix itself with competitive comes back.

I'm sure there are people who do it in competitive as well.

O_O;;

i'm actually going up 1 increment after every match. trying to see how much i can take before i start losing my aiming but so far it's been fine.

Well, I guess it wasn't gradual this time. I just maxed it out and figured I'd force myself to get used to it.

I'm still advocating the Kool Aid Man effect. Walls should feel good for the allied team, not bad.

mei_fix_infographicnkxa4.png

Antiwhippy

You let people walk through that it will be seriously one of the most broken abilities in the game.

Thing is walls are pretty damn powerful for the allied team, it's just that a) a lot of meis don't know how to use it and b) shitty people exist.

Shitty people will be shitty people but eh, blizzard shouldn't change an ability just because of shitty people.

If you want to do that you might also want to make blizzard force people to not be able to put teleporters in shitty locations.

Just report them.

Shitty people will be shitty people but eh, blizzard shouldn't change an ability just because of shitty people.

If you want to do that you might also want to make blizzard force people to not be able to put teleporters in shitty locations.

Just report them.

You can't report people in console.

You let people walk through that it will be seriously one of the most broken abilities in the game.

Thing is walls are pretty damn powerful for the allied team, it's just that a) a lot of meis don't know how to use it and b) shitty people exist.

Just report them.

Agreed on the bolded. Allow for a more robust reporting for griefers.

Or, in the case of console, allow for us to report people at all...

LiK

I'd be fine with this, minus the buff to teammates. I feel like that would make Mei practically essential.

The funny thing is there are still times where I just can't turn around fast enough. I kinda wish I could set it to like 150 or 200.

maybe i should just go max and see what happens.

Antiwhippy

Seriously though, the way you want to use ice wall is to separate teams so that you're fighting 3v6 instead of 6v6. It shouldn't be a skill where your team has to gather up behind and 'burst' through for a team fight. Also I don't really think it makes much sense with how team fights are engaged in this game.

If it has those buffs it would literally just devolve down to the meis putting down the wall and the teams burst through to engage in a team fight. If it's just bursting through with a melee you're still hindering your team's movement enough where I can't see that as anything other than a detriment.

Do the consoles have a general grief thing they can report to?

Maybe. Blizzard might also have some sort of other way to report people like through their website or something.

Either way, we don't have great options.

Seriously though, the way you want to use ice wall is to separate teams so that you're fighting 3v6 instead of 6v6. It shouldn't be a skill where your team has to gather up behind and 'burst' through for a team fight. Also I don't really think it makes much sense with how team fights are engaged in this game.

It's also good for stalling in overtime.

thanks for the input everyone. I really don't mind HOW the wall works at the moment, it's the fact that it can be used in such a negative way. I really think just having some kind of range limit on the spawn room would help.
Wait, really? That's a weird omission.

Do the consoles have a general grief thing they can report to?
nope. really stupid, if someone griefs you or does stupid shit like that in game you just have to report them to playstation and hope it works.

99% of the time, it doesn't work. hell, I even got someone harassing me in PMs, sending me texts and voice messages calling me a fucking idiot, for playing symmetra (I got POTG 3 times in a row lmao) and I reported that to playstation and nothing has been done to their account.

Anne

I've played 200+ hours of this game and have been griefed by Mei only once.

I've also played solo q comp and gotten teams that run meta or close enough teams and actually do call outs and communicate.

I must live in bizzaro world.

LiK

the wall can be used well if the Mei player knows what they're doing. but most happen to use it at the wrong times. been much more of a hindrance to me than help. usually Mei randoms are the worst since they have no group synergy.

Antiwhippy

It's also good for stalling in overtime.

Oh I love doing that the most. Especially when it's used to stop people activating/prolonging overtime.

So many reins charging headfirst into the wall...

I've also played solo q comp and gotten teams that run meta or close enough teams and actually do call outs and communicate.

Yeah I don't get it much either, but then again most times I am the mei.

Same. Never met a Mei troll. Although I've run into Meis who clearly aren't trying to hurt the team, but have terrible placement. But that's mostly in QP, so they're probably learning her still.

Also same about comp.

you must :p

it's happened to me pretty much every day in quick play on ps4.

Anne

Same. Never met a Mei troll. Although I've run into Meis who clearly aren't trying to hurt the team, but have terrible placement. But that's mostly in QP, so they're probably learning her still.

Also same about comp.

Yeah, I get people that are less skilled or misinformed that mess up, but that's whatever. Everybody starts somewhere, people fuck up, etc.

Only been actually trolled by teammates maybe twice tops.

Possible. The new WoW expansion came out today so they might not want to overload their servers. But they put out the new Hearthstone expansion on the same day as the last Diablo season so who knows

Just seems like they would want to give people a chance to adapt to changes and the map before season 2, which is supposed to be next week right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom