• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost want to see a Symm put her TP in a normal place, but be sitting in front of it the whole time, so when you go into it, you're met by a sitting Symm.

I think if I saw that, I would literally die laughing.

Jellie

Yeah I just came off now as well. Cheers for the games even though we went on a bad run :(

I was playing really badly, even with Reaper. Just one of those days.
Really? Thought we did alright. Overbuff says won 7 lost 4 but don't know how accurate that is since I played a couple of games before I grouped up.
Getting closer to top 1000 tracer now. Was 2.2k yesterday and now 1.6k. Maybe in two more days
Cannot wait for those new emotes.

Which emotes are you going to get?
Zarya is my top priority.
668da4a3742d4b76b5e0f45272e15adb.png

Raxanas

Neo Member
Guys if u use hitscan your IG sensitivity cant be more than 7 and outside dpi above 900.It is important to have precision with your hitscan hero!
If u play somethink that does not need targeting u can do whatever u want though

edit :OOps then i saw its for ps4.I dont know about sensitivity on ps4,i cant shoot anything with a controller :p

LiK

Really? Thought we did alright. Overbuff says won 7 lost 4 but don't know how accurate that is since I played a couple of games before I grouped up.
Getting closer to top 1000 tracer now. Was 2.2k yesterday and now 1.6k. Maybe in two more days

Which emotes are you going to get?
Zarya is my top priority.
668da4a3742d4b76b5e0f45272e15adb.png

D.Va gremlin will be the first!

I almost want to see a Symm put her TP in a normal place, but be sitting in front of it the whole time, so when you go into it, you're met by a sitting Symm.

I'm gonna set up a car wash and then just sit in the corner and watch it, hoping I kill at least one person and the kill cam just shows Symmetra sitting there like a nonchalant torturer, watching her victims die.

I'm finally getting around to watching the VODs of the Overwatch Open.

I know Seagull is a great streamer and Genji is much easier to follow on stream, but damn if Enigma isn't just absurd on Tracer. Like, holy shit. I know it gives people headaches to watch Tracer's POV, but I wish we could see more of it.

MaKTaiL

Do you guys think they will release the new map today for consoles? Season 2 starts next week, we should be able to have a week to practice the new map before playing it on Competitive.

EDIT

It would be a good way for Blizzard to counter BF1 Beta as well, hahahaha.

LiK

Do you guys think they will release the new map today for consoles? Season 2 starts next week, we should be able to have a week to practice the new map before playing it on Competitive.

i fucking wish. PC dudes played that map to death on PTR.

Beckx

I need to get more Eichenwalde practice in, specifically in the castle interior. attackers are going to get ground up in there until they learn it.

I've played 200+ hours of this game and have been griefed by Mei only once.

I've also played solo q comp and gotten teams that run meta or close enough teams and actually do call outs and communicate.

I must live in bizzaro world.

no, i'd say the same thing and i'm only silver/gold tier. it's PC vs console maybe. like, no one has ever sent me a salty message after a game (this includes games where team bickering happened), but that seems to be par for the course on all competitive console games.

R0ckman

I need to get more Eichenwalde practice in, specifically in the castle interior. attackers are going to get ground up in there until they learn it.

no, i'd say the same thing and i'm only silver/gold tier. it's PC vs console maybe. like, no one has ever sent me a salty message after a game (this includes games where team bickering happened), but that seems to be par for the course on all competitive console games.

McCree high noon gold mine if you hide in the Dark Souls easter egg area and come out the back JUST as the attacking team is doing their last ditch ult push towards the spawn, had a mei trap her team because they thought I was at the defense spawn when I was behind them. They'll be to busy rushing to contest to go in that area.

NimbusD

Oh man, so I mentioned this before, but I got stuck in elo hell in season one. Stick in mid 30s and unable to make it out.

I'm fucking straight murdering on ptr comp. Placed as platinum, which like ok it could be off from the main servers, but I haven't lost a game I'm a while and am almost diamond (literally 3 point away). Playing with people who mostly listen and call people out and play well, it almost took me a second to adjust to not having to fend for myself and actually be able to attach with people who don't just leave you for dead or not heal you when you're standing right next to them. I'm so worried that the real competitive season isn't going to go this well. I can live with being plat or even just gold but if k somehow get stuck in fucking bronze again I'm going to probably just stop playing.

But then of course I finished my run last night with some normal server quick play and got demolished half the time. But I was on teams where I literally have to bounce in front of an ana spamming I need healing for 10-15 seconds before getting healing, or throw down a s76 healing circle next to a hurt teammate and watch them run away from it instead of healing themselves, or throw an armor pack at a teammate and have the ignore it... Etc etc

Skii

Really? Maybe it's just my bad performances making me feel like we did worse as a team lol.

But yeah, your Tracer is extremely good. I kept wondering why am I stuck on silver for eliminations every game and then I see your card at the end of the game with most eliminations lol.

My Reaper is apparently top 83%. I might as well focus on that and try to hit maybe top 95%.

R0ckman

Oh man, so I mentioned this before, but I got stuck in elo hell in season one. Stick in mid 30s and unable to make it out.

I'm fucking straight murdering on ptr comp. Placed as platinum, which like ok it could be off from the main servers, but I haven't lost a game I'm a while and am almost diamond (literally 3 point away). Playing with people who mostly listen and call people out and play well, it almost took me a second to adjust to not having to fend for myself and actually be able to attach with people who don't just leave you for dead or not heal you when you're standing right next to them. I'm so worried that the real competitive season isn't going to go this well. I can live with being plat or even just gold but if k somehow get stuck in fucking bronze again I'm going to probably just stop playing.

But then of course I finished my run last night with some normal server quick play and got demolished half the time. But I was on teams where I literally have to bounce in front of an ana spamming I need healing for 10-15 seconds before getting healing, or throw down a s76 healing circle next to a hurt teammate and watch them run away from it instead of healing themselves, or throw an armor pack at a teammate and have the ignore it... Etc etc

I'd like to hear your story for season 1, I ended up all the way to 27 and got flammed by my team for not carrying and by the enemy team by actually being too good against them in 1 vs 1 encounters. It was a total shit show and I'm sad you ended up there.

Nimby

Banned

That's actually the first thing I want to do.

Jellie

Really? Maybe it's just my bad performances making me feel like we did worse as a team lol.

But yeah, your Tracer is extremely good. I kept wondering why am I stuck on silver for eliminations every game and then I see your card at the end of the game with most eliminations lol.

My Reaper is apparently top 83%. I might as well focus on that and try to hit maybe top 95%.

Nah you did good. Looking at medals isn't really ideal because the difference could be just one kill so it doesn't mean you were doing worse or anything. Did you get a quad with genji ult in the PotG or was that a different genji I got confused with?
I wonder if the percentages are linked to your quick play MMR too as I'm pretty trash with some characters but it still says top 80% for them.

Bear in mind these numbers are based to some degree on cumulative stats, so sheer playing time will boost them.

It's why I mostly prefer Master Overwatch: They use more rate stats.

I wonder if the percentages are linked to your quick play MMR too as I'm pretty trash with some characters but it still says top 80% for them.
You can toggle between QP/Comp in the top right.

Overbuff doesn't know your MMR; it's just counting up your numbers and comparing them to its population of people who have looked up their stats (or been looked up by someone else) on Overbuff, which is in itself only a segment of the playerbase.

Anne

Oh when I QP I constantly get the shit flamed out of me. Girl name + being good enough to consistently top frag is a nasty combination.

I've got some real good ones though. Comp I've had very few issues in.

xaosslug

i'mma buy my girls D.Va & Symm's emotes and MAYBE, Mei's - to use after doing something eeeevile, but all the rest I'll just get though leveling. :)

i'mma buy my girls D.Va & Symm's emotes and MAYBE, Mei's - to use after doing something eeeevile, but all the rest I'll just get though leveling. :)

You... leveling...

I'm concerned about Blizzard's server stability if you keep going. They aren't prepared to handle those kind of ranks.

Skii

Nah you did good. Looking at medals isn't really ideal because the difference could be just one kill so it doesn't mean you were doing worse or anything. Did you get a quad with genji ult in the PotG or was that a different genji I got confused with?

Yeah I did get a POTG with a quad elimination but it doesn't count because someone got the last shot on one of the eliminations. That's happened to me at least 10 times by now. It's just so frustrating and I actually hate playing Genji now. I've put so much pressure on getting the quad kill before they nerf Genji that I don't enjoy playing him at all. It's just an exercise in getting his ult, using it and being inevitably disappointed when I somehow still dont get the 4 kills.

Bear in mind these numbers are based to some degree on cumulative stats, so sheer playing time will boost them.

It's why I mostly prefer Master Overwatch: They use more rate stats.

Yeah I'm top 78% for Genji and I know for a fact my Reaper is way way better. It's my go to switch when I need to start playing seriously.

darklin0

Banned

The thing about PTR is the most basic of players are playing vanilla and most of the PTR players seem to be a higher skill level. I placed in Diamond and I fear for vanilla when the pool for placements is mixed with all the trolls.

Kito

Attack Symmetra. Sneaking my way to enemy spawn and setting up a car wash there to get easy picks as they trickle out is hilarious. Killed a Pharah and a McCree, then I ran away, and the remaining sentries killed a Zen. :')

Jellie

Yeah I did get a POTG with a quad elimination but it doesn't count because someone got the last shot on one of the eliminations. That's happened to me at least 10 times by now. It's just so frustrating and I actually hate playing Genji now. I've put so much pressure on getting the quad kill before they nerf Genji that I don't enjoy playing him at all. It's just an exercise in getting his ult, using it and being inevitably disappointed when I somehow still dont get the 4 kills.

Yeah I'm top 78% for Genji and I know for a fact my Reaper is way way better. It's my go to switch when I need to start playing seriously.
I've resigned myself to the fact I won't get it. Maybe you can get it with a zarya.

Blizzard has been so quiet lately. Can't even find blue text on battle.net anymore, lol.

They haven't handled this offseason very well IMO. Why are they so hesitant to tell us basic things? Obviously Eichenwalde isn't changing at this point, so why not release it? Or give us a timetable?

darklin0

Banned
Everyone wanting to improve or nerf characters while my boy Winston is ignored.

I need that shield buff! 100 more shield and let it be affected by momentum when you drop it in mid air. It is all I want. T-T

Skii

More like a Roadhog and Reaper shaming video. Those are some terrible players!

The Roadhog ones are particularly bad. They have so much HP and deal good damage. In what world are you getting outdamaged by a Mercy. That's the sort of play you'd expect from newcomers to the game.

I've resigned myself to the fact I won't get it. Maybe you can get it with a zarya.

Yeah Zarya is my best bet. Maybe tonight I'll group with someone who can help. Nano boost doesn't really help as it's always given to me when I dont have the possibility of getting 4 kills haha.

Satch

Banned
I just played my first quickplay game in a while and it was against FOUR HANZOS

i picked winston and owned them but it was miserable the entire time LOL

BNGames

this has got to be someone smurfing against lower level players? Some of those enemies appear to just be standing there and are just terrible at evading. That 1v1 Zarya is a mess - why were they running from a damn Mercy?! >_>

Its a mix, some were gimmes, others weren't. All quickplay matches. There was alot more, but I thought it was getting to be too long a video.

As far as running from Mercy, if you see me playing you should be >:)

Prelude.

I hit 54 in Season 1 but all I had was bad luck with loss after loss (I think we should be scored individually, not as a team personally..). In the PTR I made Diamond after placement matches for the Pre-Season 2 stuff.
http://i.imgur.com/mAFjYrMl.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well, your MMR must be pretty wild because some of the stuff in that video is unbelievable. Like running on the side of a riptire and managing to destroy it. That's some "I'm playing on my netbook with a controller while eating dinner and watching pewdiepie's latest video" shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom