• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

Just posted a vid showcasing Mercy as a Merciless killer

Link: https://youtu.be/2ERC41-xdq4

TmO2gGfl.jpg

More like BMGames

Pooya

They said the map comes out before season 2 early Sep, so probably. They are probably going to run the PTR for comp for another week.

Blizzard has been so quiet lately. Can't even find blue text on battle.net anymore, lol.

They haven't handled this offseason very well IMO. Why are they so hesitant to tell us basic things? Obviously Eichenwalde isn't changing at this point, so why not release it? Or give us a timetable?
If the next off-season is this long they're really going to burn out a portion of their player base.

BNGames

Well, your MMR must be pretty wild because some of the stuff in that video is unbelievable. Like running on the side of a riptire and managing to destroy it. That's some "I'm playing on my netbook with a controller while eating dinner and watching pewdiepie's latest video" shit.

lol I nearly spit soda all over my screen, thank you.

R0ckman

If the next off-season is this long they're really going to burn out a portion of their player base.

There are still some minor issues with this season in PTR, people were doing number crunches on battle.net and saying that nothing has really changed with compared to season 1 and that its just now a more transparent season 1. I wonder if they are addressing these things?

I know I decided to test solo and PTR was still terrible for me, my first game getting a troll symmettra which is basically like being down a player. Ended up back in the garbage ranks. Very stressful "carrying" teams and the other team knowing very well that I'm the pillar (depending on how competent they are) and simply all attacking me sometimes 4 of them, while my team continues to do jack shot damage. There was a game where I was Reaper getting team wipes and begging ny team to help me kill because the players were easy to deal with. I think this same game was the game we had a Reinhardt that got nanoboosted and literally just sat there, not even holding up his sheild for a bit.

I know people jest about ELO hell, but it really does feel lile a freaking hell zone.

LiK

i found the high 40's to mid-50's intolerable so i can't believe what it's like below that.

also, i'm a much better Genji player now. I don't die much and I get some good kills. it's been fun.

R0ckman

i found the high 40's to mid-50's intolerable so i can't believe what it's like below that.

also, i'm a much better Genji player now. I don't die much and I get some good kills. it's been fun.

It's VERY stressful below that. The players arent even mechanically good. Doesn't matter what class I play if I'm on fire, depending on how good the enemy team is they will target you collectively and then deal with your teamates who die in 2-3 seconds anyway. They can't kill anything so there's no risk ignoring them while they burn you.

To win you basically have to time your ults for multi kills WHILE your team is there to make it easier to clean up the mess. You have to time it in that 2-3 secs your team arrives before they wipe again.

Skii

I started at rank 57 and just constantly dropped. I'd win with 2-3 gold medals and I'd gain maybe 1/4 of a bar. And if I lost with the same stats, I'd drop 3/4 of a bar. It was impossible. I'd need to win 4-5 games in a row just to gain a rank. It was absolute hell and I almost quit Overwatch because of it. I know I'm not anywhere near the best but I know I was better than rank 49. I'd outperform everyone but my skill rating wasn't at all reflecting my actual skill.

I'm going to try to group with 1-2 gaffers any time I play competitive so this wont happen again.

R0ckman

I started at rank 57 and just constantly dropped. I'd win with 2-3 gold medals and I'd gain maybe 1/4 of a bar. And if I lost with the same stats, I'd drop 3/4 of a bar. It was impossible. I'd need to win 4-5 games in a row just to gain a rank. It was absolute hell and I almost quit Overwatch because of it. I know I'm not anywhere near the best but I know I was better than rank 49. I'd outperform everyone but my skill rating wasn't at all reflecting my actual skill.

I'm going to try to group with 1-2 gaffers any time I play competitive so this wont happen again.

You on PC? I refuse to solo. Tried PTR and its the exact same situation, the only difference is that outperforming people makes my decent into hell slower. In season one it was like riding a bullet train into the lower depths.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh yes, perfect timing for the next patch where they buffed Hanzo.

2016-08-3021_07_16-ovyas36.png

ohkay

I wish my mmr could transfer from console so I have a better chance of placing higher than I feel like I'm going to place on PC

darklin0

Banned
The one thing about PTR that is super annoying is that you don't know if people from your friend list are playing in PTR. Also you have to add them again in the game's friend list.

There are still some minor issues with this season in PTR, people were doing number crunches on battle.net and saying that nothing has really changed with compared to season 1 and that its just now a less transparent season 1. I wonder if they are addressing these things?

I know I decided to test solo and PTR was still terrible for me, my first game getting a troll symmettra which is basically like being down a player. Ended up back in the garbage ranks. Very stressful "carrying" teams and the other team knowing very well that I'm the pillar (depending on how competent they are) and simply all attacking me sometimes 4 of them, while my team continues to do jack shot damage. There was a game where I was Reaper getting team wipes and begging ny team to help me kill because the players were easy to deal with. I think this same game was the game we had a Reinhardt that got nanoboosted and literally just sat there, not even holding up his sheild for a bit.

I know people jest about ELO hell, but it really does feel lile a freaking hell zone.
The only people who jest about ELO hell are probably those that qualified well. I didn't know what the hell I was doing and started at rank 50. The climb from there to 60+ was absolutely excruciating and took a long time.

This game probably has the most collectively clueless player base I've ever seen. So many people either don't or pretend not to realize the game is more than TDM with Disney characters. That goes up 100 fold I'm the clusterfuck that is quick play and if you're on console and can't play PTR then you're just SOL for what feels like an eternity.

Satch

Banned
How? Is it a rare loot box drop?

Is it the ones where Solider 76 and McCrees can deal with Pharah competently?
I was playing Lucio and shotcalling and they were listening 🗣 And the enemy team thought we were a premade 🗣 We were owning

Tbh its really mentally exhausting, i didnt realize how tiring it is until those games. i did it for like five games and then we got to volskaya and i didnt know what to say or how to say it because that map is shit

Im in another game right now and its hard to get people to group instead of trickling and wait three seconds for ult. i kinda see now why people dont say anything in competitive even though they acknowledge that they have mics to speak with at the start

Jellie

Opposite for me. Started at 58, initially fell to 55 so stopped playing comp for a while then climbed almost non stop. Got about 3/5 bars for a win and lost 1/5 for a loss until I plateaued out. They need to say how they calculate it.

KiraFA37

Low 40s here, its terrible, I just quit playing competitive since my team just couldn't win, got a winrate of just shy under 35% there while in quickplay I was hovering around the 60% high 50%. Its just devastating to see a single loss wipe out the gains of a 2-3 winstrike. I hope season 2 fixes this.

xaosslug

You just aim up.

aim up bro

do'h, so the POV doesn't change? LOL I thought there was some secret/I was doing something wrong >_<

Remember to lower your sheild to get sheild health back if the enemy is recovering or your Mei threw a wall up for a quick break.

yeah, I need to remember that. I've started dropping the barrier when it reaches 300hp so I don't forget and it breaks on me. It's hard tho w/o a mic, because my team thinks I'm fucking w/ them when I just drop the barrier. xD

R0ckman

Low 40s here, its terrible, I just quit playing competitive since my team just couldn't win, got a winrate of just shy under 35% there while in quickplay I was hovering around the 60% high 50%. Its just devastating to see a single loss wipe out the gains of a 2-3 winstrike. I hope season 2 fixes this.

On PTR, its not as bad depending on how well you do. If you do REALLY good even if you are handed a brain dead team, you don't lose as much when you lose.

LiK

if you guys do well in PTR, i'm sure you'll do fine with general public. most of the hardcore players play PTR after all.

Where's the GAF list where I can add my ID? My PSN name is: Eviltwinz93 - http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/Eviltwinz93
I'm from the UK and am a level 109, I usually play solo unless a few people I know who also play Overwatch are on (which isn't that often). I wanna group up for competitive this time around, I only played the 10 placement matches and did so playing solo. At one point I had 5 wins and 1 loss, I ended up 6-4 :/ ,which sums up solo.

R0ckman

if you guys do well in PTR, i'm sure you'll do fine with general public. most of the hardcore players play PTR after all.

Actually, with public if you solo it will probably be worse because the pool is higher. I highly reccomend grouping up for placements. It really is not a good idea to solo there are too many wild cards like trolls and level 25s.

Skii

You on PC? I refuse to solo. Tried PTR and its the exact same situation, the only difference is that outperforming people makes my decent into hell slower. In season one it was like riding a bullet train into the lower depths.

Nah I play on PS4. It's probably even worse on here because you cant really communicate with anyone. That's why I'm just so confused as to why Blizzard hasnt implemented more commands on the action wheel.

The game that typified season 1 for me the most was one that I played on Kings Row. My team was absolute garbage. Some of the worst players I've had the misfortune of playing with. With Reaper, I'd cleared 4 opponents by myself in the backline and was capping the point by myself with 50 HP left. I knew that my first kill was going to be back soon from respawn so I needed to at least get some of the first point capped. I spammed "Group up" but the rest of my team refused to go through the choke and deal with the Zarya and Reinhardt holding them up.

We failed to cap even the first point because I was forced to take out 6 people by myself.

Fair to say they steam rolled us when they attacked. I'd kill 3-4 of them before I died. My team definitely didn't get more than 10 kills between them. I ended the game with something like 30+ eliminations and 7 deaths IIRC and I moved down a rank.

KiraFA37

Actually, with public if you solo it will probably be worse because the pool is higher. I highly reccomend grouping up for placements. It really is not a good idea to solo there are too many wild cards like trolls and level 25s.

Which is my plan (going to need alot more of you EU people on my friends list), I mean, even on quick play there seems to be a major increase in game quality once you group up.

LiK

When I play Season 2 placement, hoping to group with a few Gaffers here. Most likely MarioHead or Vault since they seem to be always open to grouping up. Other people just ignore my PSN messages. You guys will be purged!

R0ckman

Which is my plan (going to need alot more of you EU people on my friends list), I mean, even on quick play there seems to be a major increase in game quality once you group up.

I'll group with you sometime, I'm NA but sometimes I play until 12:00 AM-1 AM here.

When I play Season 2 placement, hoping to group with a few Gaffers here. Most likely MarioHead or Vault since they seem to be always open to grouping up. Other people just ignore my PSN messages. You guys will be purged!

I definitely want to group up more often this season, Ramirez Cooldude and Buttchin are also good candidates. I didn't think that Badboy cared for competitive, but I hope so.

darklin0

Banned

Jokes on you. I ignore your PSN messages because I play on PC. MWAHAHAHAHA

I'm down to group up.

I've got a crew for placement already, but after that, fair game.

LiK

I definitely want to group up more often this season, Ramirez Cooldude and Buttchin are also good candidates. I didn't think that Badboy cared for competitive, but I hope so.

Should be fun. I'm a lot better player after Season 1. Got a main I can rely on and a few alts I can switch to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom