• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely want to group up more often this season, Ramirez Cooldude and Buttchin are also good candidates. I didn't think that Badboy cared for competitive, but I hope so.

I'm down to group up.

I've got a crew for placement already, but after that, fair game.

I'm also down for grouping up on PS4 - after my downward tumble from 59 to 50 while attempting solo queue in competitive, I don't think I'm going to touch comp unless I'm in a group. Of course I'm going to be on vacation next week (just like I happened to be on vacation when season 1 started, seriously Blizzard wtf) so I'm probably going to miss all the group placement matches.

Also here's a link to my Overbuff stats:
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/PolluxOil
I try to play with everybody so if comp rolls around and you need a jack of all trades, I can fill most spots. Just don't ask me to be Mercy or McCree.

exYle

I definitely want to group up more often this season, Ramirez Cooldude and Buttchin are also good candidates. I didn't think that Badboy cared for competitive, but I hope so.

He got into the 60s last semester! Badboy just likes messing around in QP

Also I miss playing with Shiba, it was nice having someone who always instalocked Lucio

xaosslug

Where's the GAF list where I can add my ID? My PSN name is: Eviltwinz93 - http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/Eviltwinz93
I'm from the UK and am a level 109, I usually play solo unless a few people I know who also play Overwatch are on (which isn't that often). I wanna group up for competitive this time around, I only played the 10 placement matches and did so playing solo. At one point I had 5 wins and 1 loss, I ended up 6-4 :/ ,which sums up solo.

PSN: res1tvih

you can add me (i'm US, but I think we should be able to play together...?), I'm down to group up w/ anyone anytime, just send me an invite :D

Owzers

i'll be playing more comp, your friendly ps4 Owzers, I'm looking forward to being able to select Mercy again instead of being guilted towards Lucio all the time when i play support.

Shouta

Come back to the game after a week of RPGs and I get a team of only attackers and a D.va that can't stick together. Then the D.va complains about me healing and using Rez on Mercy, oh boy.

I think we're all good players. Just need to choose our mains and not fuck around. Shouldn't be too bad.

That's actually my one fear, lol. I'm a much better player now, but in S1 solo queue my Roadhog was a carry machine. He single handedly got me to 67. But he doesn't work as well in group play or with Zen so prominent these days. So while I have a much more diverse character pool now, I honestly don't know if i'll be as effective as when I just instalocked Roadhog in solo and destroyed people. I really hope I'm able to get back up to the 65+ tier.

I don't have a main anymore (maybe Tracer?) and I'm going to really try and make Ana work in competitive, playing in a group, against other groups, there might be some growing pains.

So our Genji gets stuck in a trap. I walk up and put my shield by him to protect him. He gets out of the trap and now I'm stuck in it. The Junk was dead at this point so he couldn't of put up another trap.

-________-

Come back to the game after a week of RPGs and I get a team of only attackers and a D.va that can't stick together. Then the D.va complains about me healing and using Rez on Mercy, oh boy.

That's Overwatch: the RPG. Stock up on Hi-Potion. Save your gold.

That's actually my one fear, lol. I'm a much better player now, but in S1 solo queue my Roadhog was a carry machine. He single handedly got me to 67. But he doesn't work as well in group play or with Zen so prominent these days. So while I have a much more diverse character pool now, I honestly don't know if i'll be as effective as when I just instalocked Roadhog in solo and destroyed people. I really hope I'm able to get back up to the 65+ tier.

I don't have a main anymore (maybe Tracer?) and I'm going to really try and make Ana work in competitive, playing in a group, against other groups, there might be some growing pains.

Theoretically, we should be getting the Zen nerf around the same time that the season starts, so the Hog will surely love that.

cyborg009

Banned

Usually when I use Ana I tend to target tanks & reaper while staying behind my time. The sleep dart is pretty tricking to use tho.

Skii

Where's the GAF list where I can add my ID? My PSN name is: Eviltwinz93 - http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/Eviltwinz93
I'm from the UK and am a level 109, I usually play solo unless a few people I know who also play Overwatch are on (which isn't that often). I wanna group up for competitive this time around, I only played the 10 placement matches and did so playing solo. At one point I had 5 wins and 1 loss, I ended up 6-4 :/ ,which sums up solo.

I'm also from the UK so we should be on at the same time. My PSN is: kashif_786

Definitely wouldn't mind doing placements together.

You guys are all NA right? 😭

We can try to form an EU/UK group and do our placements together. I'll just be maining Reaper for all of it lol. I should be able to carry on a good day.

When is the date for season 2 again?

Grisby

Queue times have been rooooough for like a week on PS4.
What sucks too is that when I finish a game and can't play the next round because so many people drop it re-instances. This places me into another game where there's a very good chance that I join (on losing side) when the match is pretty much over.

NimbusD

I'd like to hear your story for season 1, I ended up all the way to 27 and got flammed by my team for not carrying and by the enemy team by actually being too good against them in 1 vs 1 encounters. It was a total shit show and I'm sad you ended up there.

Well, my story starts with the placement matches. At the time I had a shitty video card that kept crashing the game for me, but no money to replace it just yet. So I had like 3 or 4 wins out of all of them. Not so bad as I got placed 45. I managed to make it up to 47 in spite of periodic crashes. Then I had one bad horrible no good night, where I was determined to win ONE game, but my computer either kept crashing, or I'd be in a match with incompetent people, or teammates would leave. Im not lying, I wasnt playing bad at all. At least not at first, after frustration set in after like 10 losses, I was doing some stupid shit. I eventually logged off at level 35. Then the next few days I kept dropping because holy shit how can you win even a single match in the 30's.

I wised up, the rx480 came out so I could get a decent card for cheap, crashes stopped, I started being nice to people on chat and getting them to be friendly right off the bat, I improved a lot. I made it back to 42 after what felt like FOREVER. Then I dropped back to around 38 and was pretty much stuck there for the rest of the season. Just way too inconsistent to ever really jump. I'm not good enough to carry a friggen team every time, but I'm not horrible by any means.

Judging by ovetbuff I also just improved a hell of a lot in general over the season, so it makes sense I'd be a LITTLE higher in s2 placements, but being this high is great.

The thing about PTR is the most basic of players are playing vanilla and most of the PTR players seem to be a higher skill level. I placed in Diamond and I fear for vanilla when the pool for placements is mixed with all the trolls.

Yeah, I've thought about that. I'm getting better at fending for myself or asking people to do a certain thing in a nice way on solo queue when it's a shit show, but holy shit do I do so much better when I can actually rely on teammates to call shit out and respond when I call out things. Or even heal me. I'm so unused to being healed I get confused when I don't die after a few hits or am at full health after a battle. I'm going to miss this if I can't get back to it.

Actually, with public if you solo it will probably be worse because the pool is higher. I highly reccomend grouping up for placements. It really is not a good idea to solo there are too many wild cards like trolls and level 25s.

This is horrible advice. Well, at least over a certain #. Teaming up means you'll get placed against other people teamed up and coordinated. I'd rather try my hand with the other team being a shit show, and bring in like one maybe two other people into the group at most.

Usually when I use Ana I tend to target tanks & reaper while staying behind my time. The sleep dart is pretty tricking to use tho.

I've been having terrible luck with sleep darts and teammates lately.

Like, defending on Volskaya point B. Enemy winston gets Nano'd. I sleep him. He's just sitting in the middle of point B sleeping for a full 2 seconds, and then our Lucio starts shooting at him when there are still at least 3 other enemies around. Winston wakes up and rages/kill the rest of our team, and we lose the game.

Like, I fully understand when that if you're shooting at a target and I sleep it, that you can't react instantly to stop shooting, but when the bastards been asleep for more than a second, I expect you to move along, or let some teammates group up for an easy kill.

R0ckman

Well, my story starts with the placement matches. At the time I had a shitty video card that kept crashing the game for me, but no money to replace it just yet. So I had like 3 or 4 wins out of all of them. Not so bad as I got placed 45. I managed to make it up to 47 in spite of periodic crashes. Then I had one bad horrible no good night, where I was determined to win ONE game, but my computer either kept crashing, or I'd be in a match with incompetent people, or teammates would leave. Im not lying, I wasnt playing bad at all. At least not at first, after frustration set in after like 10 losses, I was doing some stupid shit. I eventually logged off at level 35. Then the next few days I kept dropping because holy shit how can you win even a single match in the 30's.

I wised up, the rx480 came out so I could get a decent card for cheap, crashes stopped, I started being nice to people on chat and getting them to be friendly right off the bat, I improved a lot. I made it back to 42 after what felt like FOREVER. Then I dropped back to around 38 and was pretty much stuck there for the rest of the season. Just way too inconsistent to ever really jump. I'm not good enough to carry a friggen team every time, but I'm not horrible by any means.

Judging by ovetbuff I also just improved a hell of a lot in general over the season, so it makes sense I'd be a LITTLE higher in s2 placements, but being this high is great.

Yeah, I've thought about that. I'm getting better at fending for myself or asking people to do a certain thing in a nice way on solo queue when it's a shit show, but holy shit do I do so much better when I can actually rely on teammates to call shit out and respond when I call out things. Or even heal me. I'm so unused to being healed I get confused when I don't die after a few hits or am at full health after a battle. I'm going to miss this if I can't get back to it.

This is horrible advice. Well, at least over a certain #. Teaming up means you'll get placed against other people teamed up and coordinated. I'd rather try my hand with the other team being a shit show, and bring in like one maybe two other people into the group at most.

Actually you're right at the last part, its better to group with 3 players you trust very well than a full group.

Edit: meant 3 including yourself.

Facebook keeps suggesting I like this "Sombra Group" page, which is apparently a reference to the Dark Tower series, but I'm pretty sure it's coming up because of all my Overwatch thread viewing. :|

Played a ton of Ana and S76 yesterday, I came to the conclusion that Soldier 76 is basically the Overwatch version of Ryu (Street fighter). Generic, easy to use, easy to pick up, good damage output and very well rounded... but incredibly hard to use effectively. He's not effective at finishing the fight unless you're in range for melee and/or have a helix rocket. He's great at picking off stragglers who are low on health but when it comes to 1v1 fights, your aim needs to be on point or else you're dead.

I'm still better with him than McCree so I'll keep on fighting the good fight. Just need to work on finding the right ranges to fight (character specific ranges), burst shooting properly (when I panic I hold the trigger down) and learning how to support my team better, because doing high damage but having no enemy die (whether my fault or teams) doesn't help win games.

Jellie

We can try to form an EU/UK group and do our placements together. I'll just be maining Reaper for all of it lol. I should be able to carry on a good day.

Go UK!
Think its the 6th of September
group of 3 is what i hope to try instead of a full group. better luck usually.
Two or three is best. I think two usually gets put in with solo queues since I usually see two but not three in solo.

Played a ton of Ana and S76 yesterday, I came to the conclusion that Soldier 76 is basically the Overwatch version of Ryu (Street fighter). Generic, easy to use, easy to pick up, good damage output and very well rounded... but incredibly hard to use effectively. He's not effective at finishing the fight unless you're in range for melee and/or have a helix rocket. He's great at picking off stragglers who are low on health but when it comes to 1v1 fights, your aim needs to be on point or else you're dead.

I'm still better with him than McCree so I'll keep on fighting the good fight. Just need to work on finding the right ranges to fight (character specific ranges), burst shooting properly (when I panic I hold the trigger down) and learning how to support my team better, because doing high damage but having no enemy die (whether my fault or teams) doesn't help win games.

I like 76 for dealing with tanks at range. He's good at working on Rein's shield at a safe distance. And he can pelt Roadhog, Winston, and DVa pretty well due to their size.

darklin0

Banned
Patch on the PTR! Sombra!?!?!!!!11!

In other news, I got my 5th PotG. One was on a match I lost cause the people who insta locked attack classes were terrible.

Moonkid

Weird, I think I've been taken off the Google doc. I know I haven't played in like a month and a half but still :p. Also, I can't seem to find your name either LiK?

Rad-

Tried to up the sensitivity today in our gaf games... McCree accuracy dropped by almost half (from ~45 to ~25) and I couldn't hit long range headshots anymore. I have no idea how you fast sens people do it on consoles. Like how can you hit anything with a hit scan hero from long range? All you need is the tiniest of wrist/finger movement and you are way off enemy's head.

PSN: res1tvih

you can add me (i'm US, but I think we should be able to play together...?), I'm down to group up w/ anyone anytime, just send me an invite :D

Cool, I'll add you both when I'm on next, I'll add other EU gaffers as well.

Tried to up the sensitivity today in our gaf games... McCree accuracy dropped by almost half (from ~45 to ~25) and I couldn't hit long range headshots anymore. I have no idea how you fast sens people do it on consoles. Like how can you hit anything with a hit scan hero from long range? All you need is the tiniest of wrist movement and you are way off enemy's head.
Flicka da wrist!

It just takes some getting used to. More practice and you'll get the hang of it over time.

Moonkid

How have I only just found the join-game function now lol...
waiTT is your PSN moon_kid? I think I played w/ you... yesterday or day b4? :D
Yup, I feel so stupid for sharing my ID with ya on the thread again because I totally forgot HAHA. Also, I'm spectating you now lol

cyborg009

Banned
I've been having terrible luck with sleep darts and teammates lately.

Like, defending on Volskaya point B. Enemy winston gets Nano'd. I sleep him. He's just sitting in the middle of point B sleeping for a full 2 seconds, and then our Lucio starts shooting at him when there are still at least 3 other enemies around. Winston wakes up and rages/kill the rest of our team, and we lose the game.

Like, I fully understand when that if you're shooting at a target and I sleep it, that you can't react instantly to stop shooting, but when the bastards been asleep for more than a second, I expect you to move along, or let some teammates group up for an easy kill.

Yea I've been there before, I assume he thought he could finish him off but that's not usually the case. I always target tanks for my sleep darts and go for other enemies while the tank is sleeping. rarely I will go for the kill.

edit:small patch on ptr right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom