• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

>Die as enemies are on last point of Volskaya capturing
>Cam switches to team's McCree
>McCree says his Ultimate is almost ready
>See McCree spray a wall
>Walk back and forth a little
>"It's High Noon..."
>DEFEAT

lol, this type of fuckery's getting out of hand. I had a Rein kill me, and then IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE, BULLETS STILL FLYING I see him put down his hammer and begin to flex emote in the killcam. smh -__-

He's doing it wrong.

You spray AFTER you ult.

i've seen it done both ways. In fact I think if you spray first the spray shows up in the PotG? Otherwise if you spray afterwards you get the overwatch symbol glitch.

Buff my main and nerf the character I just died to.
^^^^

It's a continuous cycle. Genji gets nerfed cause pub stomp, then a different character will pub stomp, they get nerfed, another character will stomp, they get nerfed, etc.

Why not have everyone do 5 damage and have their ult charge nerfed by 100% and just get it done with? Cause at this rate, every character is going to be nerfed to oblivion if we stay at this route. There are people who think Reinhardt is OP, so this could very well happen.

Nah, the real problem is that this game is balanced with McCree and Tracer in mind, but most players (myself included!) are dogshit with these heroes and that throws the game out of whack.

^^^^

It's a continuous cycle. Genji gets nerfed cause pub stomp, then a different character will pub stomp, they get nerfed, another character will stomp, they get nerfed, etc.

Why not have everyone do 5 damage and have their ult charge nerfed by 100% and just get it done with? Cause at this rate, every character is going to be nerfed to oblivion if we stay at this route. There are people who think Reinhardt is OP, so this could very well happen.

This is why I really hate the nerf train. Never ever nerf unless it's clearly a broken or bugged situation. Only buff. No nerfs. As back seat game developer, I know this is the way to go.

No, they nerfed him on the wrong end.

Don't nerf his mobility, nerf his deflect and dragonblade range.
Yes, because deflect is sooooo game changing -_-

And yes, dragon blade is soooo easy to do good with. Even the best players fuck it up. It's fine where it is on PTR.

Bring back triple jump(I don't care about combo anymore) and Genji will be just fine.

Zen got nerfed too, so expect a few more Winstons to counter Genjis.

Squire

Banned
No, they nerfed him on the wrong end.

Don't nerf his mobility, nerf his deflect and dragonblade range.

Maybe.

I don't agree with the claim that Genji is lethal in the hands of an amateur though. It takes much more than "half a brain" to delete a team with that ult. Because I f you don't know what you're doing, you'll pop the ult at the wrong time, call attention to yourself, and get capped before you even get a swing off. I've killed multiple Genjis as soon as they popped ult in my line of sight as Mercy.

Now I say all of this from the perspective of a console player, but yeah. It sounds like the guy took an L from an actual decent Genji and is just salty.

Satch

Banned
people would rather die a thousand times and lose than pick winston

its actually nuts how often i pick genji on ptr and go unchallenged and then the rage comes out

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yes, because deflect is sooooo game changing -_-

And yes, dragon blade is soooo easy to do good with. Even the best players fuck it up. It's fine where it is on PTR.

Bring back triple jump(I don't care about combo anymore) and Genji will be just fine.

Zen got nerfed too, so expect a few more Winstons to counter Genjis.

You sound like a rank 40 player. Of course deflect is a game changer if done right.

How can you watch this and think deflect as it is now is fine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcrzIlZfNU

As someone who plays pharah all the time. The only issue I have with genji is his deflect.

You can't even try for splash damage with the rockets because his deflect is wider than the splash

You sound like a rank 40 player. Of course deflect is a game changer if done right.

How can you watch this and think deflect as it is now is fine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcrzIlZfNU
I'm actually a top 500, rank 72 player, thank you very much.

Genji is about three things:mobility, dash, and deflect. You're asking for them to kill a third of him.

The box is that big because Genji is constantly jumping. Genji is hard to hit. If his deflect box was his character size, it would literally do nothing. The box needs to be forgiving so that he can actually do something.

Here's an INSANE solution, call me crazy, but try not shooting at him very much when he deflects?

Satch

Banned
why are we shooting at genji when he has his deflect up guys

use your brains

even bastions stop shooting after the first time

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I don't really see the point of changing deflect. It's a "don't fucking shoot at me" move so don't fucking shoot at him?

It's a move that can go from useful to useless at the drop of the hat.

I also don't think it's that much of a problem.

Some characters just need big hit boxes. Look at Hanzo. As soon as he lost his logs, he was just as useless as Bastion. As soon as he got them back, he became good again.

Squire

Banned
As someone who plays pharah all the time. The only issue I have with genji is his deflect.

You can't even try for splash damage with the rockets because his deflect is wider than the splash

I don't really get the cases against the deflect.

Like, for your issue specifically, it sounds like the ability is working as designed; You either shoot and get that rocket bounced back at you or you're deterred altogether This is assuming the enemy Genji is half decent, of course.

Pharah really isn't a splash damage character - I learned that the hard way, myself. So it's not like we have a hitbox issue here, either.

Edit: I see it's not just me.

Antiwhippy

Some characters just need big hit boxes. Look at Hanzo. As soon as he lost his logs, he was just as useless as Bastion. As soon as he got them back, he became good again.

No, he wasn't actually good when he had his log arrows back then.

The projectile speed is the bigger deal.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm actually a top 500, rank 72 player, thank you very much.

Genji is about three things:mobility, dash, and deflect. You're asking for them to kill a third of him.

The box is that big because Genji is constantly jumping. Genji is hard to hit. If his deflect box was his character size, it would literally do nothing. The box needs to be forgiving so that he can actually do something.

Here's an INSANE solution, call me crazy, but try not shooting at him very much when he deflects?

I said you sound like one if you think deflect is not important, doesn't mean you are one.

That's not what i'm asking, i said they nerfed him on the wrong end, meaning give back his mobility.

Anyway, it's not that i hate Genji or anything, i love playing as him, i just think they need to nerf his deflect hitbox badly.

Antiwhippy

If that was the bigger deal, then why did the hit box get nerfed again?

Was it just people being outraged over nothing?
i have a feeling that's the case

Because coupled with that makes it too cheesey? That's my guess, but if you remember back in his log arrow days he was still an F-tier hero except in king's row and the first part of gibraltar.

xaosslug

For deflect to be absolutely fucking worthless, that's what.

Because it will become worthless if it's nerfed.

well, not really. I mean the main idea behind deflect is for Genji to protect himself/deflect attacks aimed @ him... not the D.Va, Rain, and Winston all huddled up behind him! ;P

If deflect is to be huge, at least make it visually big so we have a better idea where not to shoot. It's extremely deceptive when you think you're safe when you end up hitting him.

The way it is right now is that you shoot at least a meter away from his visible swinging and things get deflected. At least people will know that even shots near genji that are aimed at other people are gonna get deflected.

If deflect is to be huge, at least make it visually big so we have a better idea where not to shoot. It's extremely deceptive when you think you're safe when you end up hitting him.

The way it is right now is that you shoot at least a meter away from his visible swinging and things get deflected. At least people will know that even shots near genji that are aimed at other people are gonna get deflected.
I don't know. I think it's a way to punish players for shootings anywhere near the thing you're not supposed to shoot at, but I think it would be fine to make the animation larger.

Squire

Banned

I don't understand this. If you're shooting at Genji from anywhere in his FOV, you've accepted the risk the player will be good enough to reflect.

Have you considered flanking?

The thing I have against Genji's deflect, as well as like Reaper's ult, is there's no visual cue as to where it begins and ends. Many times I've thrown a flashbang to what I thought was the side or the ground only to have it thrown back in my face. Either change the animation to fit the hitbox of his deflect or change the hitbox of his deflect to match the size of his animation. Concerning his viability, I think he either needs to be looked at or Blizzard should add a character that's a hard counter, but then I think every character should have a hard counter to promote hero switching and variety. In my experience it's been very difficult to look at a good Genji that regularly kills me and be able to pinpoint the correct way to counter. Genji is at a great advantage 1v1 regardless of who he's against, but to gang up on him ignores the rest of the enemy team and could result in him just dashing to safety regardless. I can look at, say, a good Tracer and be able to plan and coordinate a good counter that doesn't result in our team focusing solely on her. With Genji I honestly don't know what to do if he's being played right.

MoonMoon just got 2 points for winning a ranked match on PTR.

Debating if great system or not 🤔

But seriously. How is anyone able to get top 500 if you can't gain any rank once you start getting that high, he's been T500 before, so he should be able to make it again, but how can you when you don't gain shit.

Debating if great system or not 🤔

But seriously. How is anyone able to get top 500 if you can't gain any rank once you start getting that high, he's been T500 before, so he should be able to make it again, but how can you when you don't gain shit.
Didn't they say the laddering would be weird while the new system is implemented?

Antiwhippy

Debating if great system or not ��

I think it's that there will be weird fluxes as the system tries to readjust before it normalises.

The thing I have against Genji's deflect, as well as like Reaper's ult, is there's no visual cue as to where it begins and ends. Many times I've thrown a flashbang to what I thought was the side or the ground only to have it thrown back in my face. Either change the animation to fit the hitbox of his deflect or change the hitbox of his deflect to match the size of his animation. Concerning his viability, I think he either needs to be looked at or Blizzard should add a character that's a hard counter, but then I think every character should have a hard counter to promote hero switching and variety. In my experience it's been very difficult to look at a good Genji that regularly kills me and be able to pinpoint the correct way to counter. Genji is at a great advantage 1v1 regardless of who he's against, but to gang up on him ignores the rest of the enemy team and could result in him just dashing to safety regardless. I can look at, say, a good Tracer and be able to plan and coordinate a good counter that doesn't result in our team focusing solely on her. With Genji I honestly don't know what to do if he's being played right.

Winston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom