• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

ii_zpsyrb8vihm.png

that cross promotion

LiK

Well, I'm pissed. FedEx said my controller was delivered but it's not here at all. Emailed SCUF and FedEx about this. Fucking stupid driver.

R0ckman

Have a question about toxic players. When players get real bad, like being toxic to people by race or gender or whatever it seems people are afraid to say anything. Why?

I was in a match a while ago where I actually was the only one to adamantly tell the guy to get his garbage out of my game or I would report his ass. Immediately he went into a victim mode that revealed how much of a joke he was THEN people started snowballing on him. Whats with the "sit on the side lines" mentality?

Have a question about toxic players. When players get real bad, like being toxic to people by race or gender or whatever it seems people are afraid to say anything. Why?

I was in a match a while ago where I actually was the only one to adamantly tell the guy to get his garbage out of my game or I would report his ass. Immediately he went into a victim mode that revealed how much of a joke he was THEN people started snowballing on him. Whats with the "sit on the side lines" mentality?
I'm sure most people just mute them.

Ken

cause people just want to play the video game

I always, always call out and then report any actual racist, sexist, homophobic or other hateful shit. I'm on the fence about "kys," because I think it's over the line but probably not worth reporting most of the time. Unless it's part of some worse rant.

How do u make it have that
Click on an individual hero name within your stats.

so i started playing tracer and i noticed a major issue with my aiming.

i can be standing still and i overshoot back n forth on a target.

even bastion im having trouble aiming with.

yet i play mcree and i can hit within range semi-ok :/

Jellie

Congrats man!
Thanks. Were you online at all today? Might have to catch you tomorrow.
so i started playing tracer and i noticed a major issue with my aiming.

i can be standing still and i overshoot back n forth on a target.

even bastion im having trouble aiming with.

yet i play mcree and i can hit within range semi-ok :/
Tracer and bastion are more tracking while mccree is flicking so that might be why?

Squire

Banned

Society at large seeded that with garbage sayings like "friends don't discuss religion or politics" and nerd culture (in combination with the Internet) in particular has exacerbated it.

We've been so conditioned to turn the other cheek or ignore unbecoming traits in people, we have trouble calling each other out even when the grounds to do so are perfectly legitimate and it would only help the person grow.

I'm guilty of it myself. Sometimes friends of friends will join our party, saying the kind of shit that brings Halo 2 era pre-teens to mind and we usually won't say anything. We roll with the comments (as in, ignore them) for the night, but the followup is us making sure we don't play with that person/people again.

I do wish it wasn't like that.

Blues1990

How are wallhacks useless?

in what life time is a teamwide wallhack useless?

One of the weaker ones on the whole, yeah, but it still has its uses. As a Roadhog player, I love it, since I can hook people right as they pop around corners because most people don't exercise prudence when Widow ult is up. In general? Good for anti-flanking?

When Hanzo has an ability to spot enemies (every 10 seconds) without having to charge an ultimate, you know that her Ultimate is only beneficial to a Widow Maker and ONLY a Widow Maker.

Every other Ultimate Ability can at least cause panic to the opposing team. Yes, her Ult gives you and your teammates a free "wall hack" if you have the advantage or are in a neutral position. But if you're losing a point or struggling to take it over, Infra Sight does basically nothing to help turn the game around. Also, if your team is aware and communicating you will probably know where they are anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4ZKUhdmNw
WINSTON BEYBLADE
I fell of my chair so hard.

This was perfect in every way.

Jellie

i suck at tracking then.

how to fix? for mcree i trained with ana cpus and hadshots only.

Maybe practice on a stationary target in the practice range, but you yourself move. So keep the crosshairs aimed at their head while strafing. Work in some blinks/recalls and then when you feel better at it go practice on Ana bots.

5 losses in a row tonight, not a good start :(

No one on console knows how to not shoot at genji as he reflects :(

I play on PC and it still happens. As a support I've been killed by the +1 shooting at him and him reflecting it at me.

But when I play DPS I just watch them flail around and waste it since I know to stop shooting.

Skii

Thanks. Were you online at all today? Might have to catch you tomorrow.

Nah I was out all day. Just played a few games now with Resihtv (I think that's how you spell it lol) and now my internet is just terrible so calling it a night.

I also just realised I'm gonna be on holiday during the start of competitive. Will be back around the 9th so I wont be able to help with placement matches. I really wanted to do it as a group as well to get a good start to season 2 :(

i suck at tracking then.

how to fix? for mcree i trained with ana cpus and hadshots only.

I'm the opposite, I suck at flicking.

Tracking is more about your movement more than snapping your aim at someone. Think about it this way, you do not want drastic crosshair movements(mouse/right analog stick), instead you want to focus on your leaning (movement with right analog/keyboard) into your shots.You want your body movement to mirror the opponent while slowly following with your crosshair. Hope that makes sense.

Just won a solo QP game where I played Mercy, did really well and kept everyone topped off and damage boosted when I could and used rez at the right times. Plenty of I NEED HEALING I NEED HEALING I NEED HEALING SPAM. Not a single thank you.

Get POTG and get a card saying I healed 40% of team damage. Everyone votes enemy Junkrat to 9.

My jimmies probably would be rustled if I didn't like playing healer/support so much. At the very least the game was fun because enemy team had a Widow that couldn't catch me if her life depended on it. That poor girl, she tried. I always feel bad for a Widow that gets into a rut and can't seem to hit anything. I've certainly been there plenty of times.

LiK

Just won a solo QP game where I played Mercy, did really well and kept everyone topped off and damage boosted when I could and used rez at the right times. Plenty of I NEED HEALING I NEED HEALING I NEED HEALING SPAM. Not a single thank you.

Get POTG and get a card saying I healed 40% of team damage. Everyone votes enemy Junkrat to 9.

My jimmies probably would be rustled if I didn't like playing healer/support so much. At the very least the game was fun because enemy team had a Widow that couldn't catch me if her life depended on it. That poor girl, she tried. I always feel bad for a Widow that gets into a rut and can't seem to hit anything. I've certainly been there plenty of times.

Fuck those guys.

Satch

Banned

Stop expecting people to give you accolades for doing what ur hero does and you will eventually be pleasantly surprised when it happens

DevilDog

I'm the opposite, I suck at flicking.

Tracking is more about your movement more than snapping your aim at someone. Think about it this way, you do not want drastic crosshair movements(mouse/right analog stick), instead you want to focus on your leaning (movement with right analog/keyboard) into your shots.You want your body movement to mirror the opponent while slowly following with your crosshair. Hope that makes sense.

Tracking on console I imagine is easier, since there is aim assist.

Also you're great at tracking but not flicking? How is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom