• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've been dabbling in other betas on top of playing deus ex so I haven't really been on but I'll play more next time they patch it. The Genji Zen shit in every game was killing me.

on PC? much worse on PS4.
PS4!
Are you Batman? I think I have you on my list?

Also, Garrett, feel free to add me for some QP. It's my username with an underscore between the two words.

I'll be heading home early from work today, thanks to Tropical Storm / soon-to-be Hurricane this girl:

Plz no power loss.
What platform? :p

And wow, jealous! Hermione is my favourite character. Good luck!
I'll be your friend
if you promise not to do weird shit with the character models.
Which platform? :p

Are you on at the moment? Could so with somebody to play qp with.
not atm, sorry! but if you post your PSN ID I can add you :)
What's your PSN? Why haven't we played together?
I'll put it in quotes.

I haven't really played with anyone on here because i'm always worried that everyone on here will be some 1337 gawd and i'll be ruining their matches :p
PS4, as well.

Toss me a friend request. I should be home in a little bit.
oh cool, i'll add you!

LiK

I'll put it in quotes.

I haven't really played with anyone on here because i'm always worried that everyone on here will be some 1337 gawd and i'll be ruining their matches :p

oh cool, i'll add you!

Ok, sending you a request. I play for fun especially in QP. Don't worry about that stuff.

Jellie

I'll put it in quotes.

oh cool, i'll add you!
I'll add you in a sec.
PS4, as well.

Added
I agree. We've had our lulz. It's time for 1HL to be the norm in every single game mode.
They said they are looking for a fix. Maybe just create two quickplays with one having stacking turned off. Though might split the player base.

I'll add you in a sec.

Added

They said they are looking for a fix. Maybe just create two quickplays with one having stacking turned off. Though might split the player base.
They need a truly wacky Quick Play where MMR is all but turned off, hero stacking is possible, and everyone has a wild old time.

And then "Unranked" which is basically Comp without all the ranking features.

They need a truly wacky Quick Play where MMR is all but turned off, hero stacking is possible, and everyone has a wild old time.

And then "Unranked" which is basically Comp without all the ranking features.

I'm down for that, I think. The only change I would want would be to make sure KOTH games are best 2 out of 3 instead of 3 out of 5.

I want that change made to Comp, too.

I played the Brawl, which is this cool little thing this week where they're like, "Let's celebrate the awesome female heroes we have!" And everyone on my team is picking 1. We go into the first point on Hanamura as attackers and they have stacked D.Va's and Symmetras...

Why? Who cares about winning in that mode? It's about finding the chemistry between characters that you normally might not see up close because of the parameters.

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
tcGkCUu.jpg

Yep, I'm ok with this :)

PS4!

What platform? :p

And wow, jealous! Hermione is my favourite character. Good luck!

Which platform? :p

Are you on at the moment? Could so with somebody to play qp with.

What's your PSN? Why haven't we played together?

PS4, as well.

Any PS4 players who haven't friended me, send a request too. PSN same as GAF.

I'm a bit busy atm but I should be on tonight.

I'm also PS4 so I'll add you guys tonight when I get on :)

Can I play with you guys even if I don't use a mic?

I always solo queue until now, and even though I had some good matches, it can be very random at times because of the leavers (in the season 1 my lowest rank was 37 and the highest 62 with many ups and downs, like a roller coaster lol). When I'm put together with teams the games are generally much better than 6 vs 6 randoms.

I always solo queue until now, and even though I had some good matches, it can be very random at times because of the leavers (in the season 1 my lowest rank was 37 and the highest 62 with many ups and downs, like a roller coaster lol). When I'm put together with teams the games are generally much better than 6 vs 6 randoms.

Sure, it's cool with me.

Solo q is still fun. It's like an exercise is opening yourself the whims of the universe.

LiK

I've never used a mic and it's fine even in Comp. played with other Gaffers and people in my list who rarely used a mic as well. We do fine. Mic helps but usually, it's fine as long as everyone knows what to do or how to counter.

I'll be doing placement matches with Gaffers I know first tho. Everyone else can play with me after I'm done with that.

xaosslug

u can add me as well. PSN posted up above. :)

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
Also a question for fellow Mercy players (or anyone that knows) - is it possible to toggle the healing/charge beam button on console? I couldn't find it in the options so I'm guessing that's a PC only feature?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Posting this here too, maybe someone has an idea what it could mean or the Blizz employee is just messing with him.

Someone opened a ticket as Sombra and this was Blizzard's response:

15tQIck.png

waiTTTT, this entire time I thought you was on PC! :O HMU, yo! PSN: res1tvih
sure, i'll add you when i'm home!

also like lik said, i only really use a mic when i'm playing with friends, but i use the callout functions very often, and I really don't mind picking whoever the team needs to fill in gaps.

my most played character is lucio and he's probably my 5th or 6th fave to play, lol

Jellie

Also a question for fellow Mercy players (or anyone that knows) - is it possible to toggle the healing/charge beam button on console? I couldn't find it in the options so I'm guessing that's a PC only feature?
There's an option to make it so you only have to press to activate them instead of holding the buttons. Let's you look around easier.

Sure, it's cool with me.

Solo q is still fun. It's like an exercise is opening yourself the whims of the universe.

Thx!

I've never used a mic and it's fine even in Comp. played with other Gaffers and people in my list who rarely used a mic as well. We do fine. Mic helps but usually, it's fine as long as everyone knows what to do or how to counter.

I'll be doing placement matches with Gaffers I know first tho. Everyone else can play with me after I'm done with that.

Good to know :)

u can add me as well. PSN posted up above. :)

Will do!

sure, i'll add you when i'm home!

also like lik said, i only really use a mic when i'm playing with friends, but i use the callout functions very often, and I really don't mind picking whoever the team needs to fill in gaps.

my most played character is lucio and he's probably my 5th or 6th fave to play, lol

I had to start learning Lucio in competitive because of those games where no one wanted to play support. Thankfully he's very cool to play with (though I prefer playing with offense characters, except McCree). I think I suck with tanks, but I really want to learn how to play Zarya.

Can you guys tell me what are your favorite characters to play so I can get an idea?

LiK

Surprised by people not using mics, especially on console where you can't even use chat.

most people tend to be on mics if they're in a big group. if i play with a small group of 2 or 3, it's usually silent unless the Gaffers know each other or invite their own friends to play. but usually, it's not necessary from my experience.

I don't care if you have a mic or not.

Send me a FR :)

Skii

Yeah sure! I dont use mic either. Tbh, I'm usually cursing whenever I die because that's just how I deal with it and I dont want to subject anyone else to it lmao.

Just let me know your PSN and I'll add you tonight when Im on.

Jellie

I had to start learning Lucio in competitive because of those games where no one wanted to play support. Thankfully he's very cool to play with (though I prefer playing with offense characters, except McCree). I think I suck with tanks, but I really want to learn how to play Zarya.

Can you guys tell me what are your favorite characters to play so I can get an idea?
Sure. PSN is Undignify.

My most played are Lucio zarya and tracer in that order. Basically one from every class.

defence is mostly trash
Edit: just noticed I'm no longer a junior. Probably from posting in this thread so often 😃

I don't care if you have a mic or not.

Send me a FR :)

Thx! I will ;)

Yeah sure! I dont use mic either. Tbh, I'm usually cursing whenever I die because that's just how I deal with it and I dont want to subject anyone else to it lmao.

Just let me know your PSN and I'll add you tonight when Im on.

Nice :)

My PSN id is NDFP88EU.

Sure. PSN is Undignify.

My most played are Lucio zarya and tracer in that order. Basically one from every class.

defence is mostly trash
Edit: just noticed I'm no longer a junior. Probably from posting in this thread so often 😃

I will add you too :)

I rarely play defense heroes, but I have to admit that Bastion can be really awesome sometimes. A good Junkrat is also annoying as hell X_X

KiraFA37

I'll ask again, any gaffer on here added me on battle.net has has the battletag Wintervocal? Just wanna know if its a gaffer who added me or not.

darklin0

Banned
defence is mostly trash

I rarely play defense heroes...
CURSE YOU ZENYATTA!!!
Remember the Recall short with Winston and Reaper fighting in Gibraltar?
A fan just made this.
Wish it was official.
This is awesome! Blizzard where you at?

I'll ask again, any gaffer on here added me on battle.net has has the battletag Wintervocal? Just wanna know if its a gaffer who added me or not.

I think I got an request from that name as well but I tried accepting it and it told me they had too many friends. Couldn't find it on the spreadsheet either so I don't know who it could possibly be.

R0ckman

I kind of want to see what players in the lower ranks are really thinking beyond having bad awareness and strategical sense.

A lot of players tend to give up easily. Do not focus down. Cowardly and afraid to push. Do not fall back for healing or repositioning. Ignore chat unless its to say something (if not toxic) stupid and irrelevant to the flow of the match. Very weak to ult pushes.

Speaking of which has anyone allowed the enemy team to push a point and bait them with a last ditch ult then come out of hiding with a couple of characters and counter them? I told my team on Kings Row when defending the point in the last minute to back off of the point and give them space to run in and get their ults out of their system then surround them with our ults. It worked so perfectly that I'm surprised I haven't seen it except in that one instance.

ekim

imagejrj66.jpeg

Went with the Steelseries pad. Still have to tweak a few things but it's already an upgrade.

Season 2 can come now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom