• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

PC average accuracy for McCree is 38% (34 on console) my 41% on console would still be the 75th percentile on PC (it's 98th for console). Not too bad.

I can't think of other criteria of whether or not I'm good with McCree.

Does this actually update with stats? Mine is 40% on PC but it says 38 on overbuff.

I have I think 4 people added from GAF but I don't remember who is who so I never join lol. .-.

Let me join your group to skew the group mmr. I only play on PC lol.

I added you. I'm Maple. I'm playing PTR 99% of the time right now but will be back on the live servers this weekend and will invite you if I get any groups going.

Hopefully the new map and/or balance patch drops today or tomorrow... I don't think I can take much more PTR comp and have just been playing the Eichenwalde brawl over and over again.

ekim

I would go for like 1600/3 or i think g900 has increments of 100 right? Go for 1500/3 .Ofc whatever feels comfortable to you.If you play DPS its good to have low sens but its a matter of preference really.I am currently using 900/7 but i am trying to do 1800/2,75 or when i get a new mouse 1600/3.

lowered it to 1600/2.75 and holy caneloni. It really makes a difference. Last game I had 58% accuracy with McCree. My average is 41%

Raxanas

Neo Member
lowered it to 1600/2.75 and holy caneloni. It really makes a difference. Last game I had 58% accuracy with McCree. My average is 41%

Yea buddy go make that 3366 sensor do some work :D ..Pick tracer now and wreck some havoc since lower sens helps when playing with her too :)

Did you try 1600/3 at all? What resolution are you playing on? I am trying to figure what would be best for me. I'm on 1440p and might settle on 1600/2.5 at the end of the day as 3 feel a little fast compared to when I was playing at 400/10.

Just finished a match in QP as Reinhardt, gold medals in objective time, eliminations, and silver in damage. We lost, but it's times like these when I wonder... WHAT IS MY TEAM DOING THE ENTIRE MATCH.

Raxanas

Neo Member
It's not only the sensor. No annoying cable to throw around and that gets stuck at my speakers.

I still dont trust wireless mouse but yea g900 is a good mouse.I am still with my old trusty deathadder for 5 years now waiting for the g403 .Since u have a mech keyboard too i hope that u have a 144hz screen too for the full experience :D

Jellie

I think I'm alright. I decent with knowing the routes to stop flanker and can zone an area pretty well. It doesn't always feel like I'm having as big an impact as I might with other characters, but I win a lot with him.

I would suggest critical hit% but again mine is 5% which is apparently off the charts for PSN overbuff but that contradicts what I know about myself as mccree. Maybe final hits would be good? I have a low stat for that so pretty much conclusive evidence.

Anything 40%+ is good. Taimou and Surefour are two of the world's best McCrees, and they both hit about 51% on average.

These are console stats. I'm probably just aiming at the reinhardt shield constantly.

darklin0

Banned
I added you. I'm Maple. I'm playing PTR 99% of the time right now but will be back on the live servers this weekend and will invite you if I get any groups going.

Hopefully the new map and/or balance patch drops today or tomorrow... I don't think I can take much more PTR comp and have just been playing the Eichenwalde brawl over and over again.

Cool, I can add a Note to your name. I am usually on PTR as well but I think if you play PTR it does not show you playing OW on the Bnet friendlist. I need to confirm this though.

I would suggest critical hit% but again mine is 5% which is apparently off the charts for PSN overbuff but that contradicts what I know about myself as mccree. Maybe final hits would be good? I have a low stat for that so pretty much conclusive evidence.
5% crits puts you in the top 23% on US-PC Overbuff. 6% puts you in the top 14%.

Taimou averages 14%. :O

ekim

Did you try 1600/3 at all? What resolution are you playing on? I am trying to figure what would be best for me. I'm on 1440p and might settle on 1600/2.5 at the end of the day as 3 feel a little fast compared to when I was playing at 400/10.

I was at 1600/3 but it still felt a bit too fast. 1600/2.75 feels better.

Edit: @1080p

I still dont trust wireless mouse but yea g900 is a good mouse.I am still with my old trusty deathadder for 5 years now waiting for the g403 .Since u have a mech keyboard too i hope that u have a 144hz screen too for the full experience :D

144Hz G-Sync. Yes. :)

These are console stats. I'm probably just aiming at the reinhardt shield constantly.

I was just about to ask this because I definitely land a headshot more than 3 out of every 100 but if aiming for the Reinhardt shield or something similar gives you a 1/1 with no critical hit then that would explain both discrepancies.

I was just about to ask this because I definitely land a headshot more than 3 out of every 100 but if aiming for the Reinhardt shield or something similar gives you a 1/1 with no critical hit then that would explain both discrepancies.
As far as I know, every bullet fired counts, including FTH.

This probably explains why my accuracy in S1 was 44%, which is higher than my lifetime QP average (41%): I hardly use FTH since they nerfed it the first time.

Jellie

But I'm PS4. 5% on PS4 puts me above the top percentile they have for overbuff which is 4% crit rate. It doesn't even show my percentile.
B2dLNY6.png
Yet I suck with him pretty badly.

As far as I know, every bullet fired counts, including FTH.
That might explain it. I don't FtH since I'm used to prenerf mccree. I just aim for heads whenever instead of FtH when I should. Maybe if I do that I'll get better.

McCree isn't just about accuracy: it's accuracy combined with volume. I have 9% critical with McCree, but I'm ass when I play him. I just can't be accurate and fast, and I don't get nearly enough kills to justify playing him.

Just played with some of you :) good games!

I have to say though I really hate how 50/50 I seem to be at getting away from Roadhog's hook. Can anyone help with the timing?

Raxanas

Neo Member
McCree isn't just about accuracy: it's accuracy combined with volume. I have 9% critical with McCree, but I'm ass when I play him. I just can't be accurate and fast, and I don't get nearly enough kills to justify playing him.

Yea thats the issue with us plebs!!!U have to be a machine to have impact on mcree.Thats why i suggest playing more soldier76 if u feel u dont have impact instead of forcing it since they kinda cover the same type of dmg(Mcree is far better at it though)

GCN3QVx.png

I need to work on my crits. I usually aim lower to try and get more guaranteed damage. Especially when switching to different sized targets. Doesn't help that I've been messing around with my DPI/Sens for the last month trying to find what works best for me and my new setup. The stats above are taken from my performance in Comp as in QP I messed around way too much and am sitting at a 48% or so I think. Started at around 40% when game launched and have been getting at least 50%+ average since comp as I started playing the game a little more seriously/better.

Skii

Just looked at my overbuff stats for Tracer and I'm averaging 11 eliminations and 10 deaths per game with her... lol. I'm terrible with her. I think I play her like Genji/Reaper too much as a flanker. She seems like the one to be along with the main group picking off targets. Hard habit to shake off.

R0ckman

Yea thats the issue with us plebs!!!U have to be a machine to have impact on mcree.Thats why i suggest playing more soldier76 if u feel u dont have impact instead of forcing it since they kinda cover the same type of dmg(Mcree is far better at it though)

I wouldn't worry about it, I have 50+ hours on Cree and I have to say that he becomes stronger on coordinated teams which is why his max potential is so contrasting in pro play. Sometimes I'm ass with him if my team is dead half the time and I have no support, there are other times where I receive friend requests from my McCree play.

Jellie

Just looked at my overbuff stats for Tracer and I'm averaging 11 eliminations and 10 deaths per game with her... lol. I'm terrible with her. I think I play her like Genji/Reaper too much as a flanker. She seems like the one to be along with the main group picking off targets. Hard habit to shake off.

Reaper is actually pretty good with the group. Can take down reinhardt's shield pretty easily and kills any monkeys coming for your support.

Tracer's not top-tier at getting solo kills, but she's absolutely insane when the enemies are distracted or not covering her angle of attack (which is why she's so good on Control maps). I love being McCree with a good Tracer on my team (I have a friend who's top 3% in Tracer E:D), because we soften up each other's kills so efficiently. Throw in a Zen calling Discord targets and people just melt.

I'm like slightly above average (53-59%) quickrank with my heroes of choice RIP me
Those numbers are partly cumulative, so people who play a handful heroes for many hours will rank highly regardless of their performance. Look at rate percentiles (and especially Master Overwatch x/min stats).

Whoa.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but if you're barely at a 1/1 K/d id say it's a total back to the drawing board type thing on how you approach the character. She works fine as a flanker you just have to pick your engagements smartly. And you should be racking up eliminations by just doing a little bit of damage to targets. If I'm not at 3/1 it's considered pretty bad.

Again, seriously not trying to be a dick. But if you want tips you could tell us how you fight with her and maybe we could help.

LiK

Whoa.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but if you're barely at a 1/1 K/d id say it's a total back to the drawing board type thing on how you approach the character. She works fine as a flanker you just have to pick your engagements smartly. And you should be racking up eliminations by just doing a little bit of damage to targets. If I'm not at 3/1 it's considered pretty bad.

Again, seriously not trying to be a dick. But if you want tips you could tell us how you fight with her and maybe we could help.

Vault is a great Tracer so listen to this man.

my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.

ok Hanzo

Whoa.

This. Great advice from Vault.

Think of tracer like a pest. You're main job is annoying/distracting people while peppering them with damage and getting picks on supports if the situation provides it. Don't go in deep unless you can get yourself out of the situation if the tides turn. Managing your blink and recalls are important to her otherwise you are a sitting duck and going to be ineffective and most likely killed. Also having a decent team helps as they will be helping you finish off opponents and vice versa.

ohkay

This is my problem with Mccree too. I have 39% accuracy and 7% crit, but I don't take enough shots so those numbers don't mean much

Jellie

my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.my ultimate is charging.

ok Hanzo

Were you or somebody else a zarya?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

ok Hanzo

I had a Tracer once who did that, had to mute her.

R0ckman

I think people fear picking Winston because of the easy mockery that comes with him, but also the illusionary perception that he requires no skill. Of course when you are dealing with people who can't strategize their way out of a paper bag and only think the game is mechanical vs mechanical this will be the result.

Those numbers are partly cumulative, so people who play a handful heroes for many hours will rank highly regardless of their performance. Look at rate percentiles (and especially Master Overwatch x/min stats).

117 hours over 923 games...so my elims are legit and I barely play healers lol

MFfNqxJ.png

Ramirez

I don't pick Winston anymore because there are too many characters in the game that can completely crush him. I can't even reliably take down Genji/Zen anymore, so what's the point? Maybe once discord is nerfed he'll be more fun, but he's zero fun to me right now.

I don't pick Winston anymore because there are too many characters in the game that can completely crush him. I can't even reliably take down Genji/Zen anymore, so what's the point? Maybe once discord is nerfed he'll be more fun, but he's zero fun to me right now.

Winston is best effective in a team that is at least semi-coordinated IMO. Without much coordination, especially with the current discord, it is harder for him to be effective versus the other tanks.

Jellie

Needs a zarya to help him last long enough to get the zenyatta or jump back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom