• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkeis

I've been doing it all wrong with having my sensitivity so high on PC. Used the DPI tool, it has been life changing. I usually play support and tanks but needed to improve my aim with Ana, that was definitely the problem.

R0ckman

time the flashbang for when they land (although if you're actively dueling with anybody that is prepared for you then you should just be shooting them in the head + body), fan the hammer eats fools alive, use deadeye out of the enemy's line of sight DURING a fight

if you're good with a mccree you can heavily impact the battlefield. high burst damage with a sniper's accuracy, a stun that interrupts anything, and a combo that guarentees the death of a dozen or so heroes. he's my go to when the enemy team is trying to pull off some cheapass shit, his ability to adjust and counter is really strong.

Your team needs to have control of the "flow of the battle" to maximize his use. If your team is in chaos and their team is in chaos its more difficult to use him good. If your team is in chaos and theirs isnt he is a terrible choice.

cyborg009

Banned
Two play of the games with Symmetra got me feeling good.

checked overbuff and I'm 27-11 with her on quickplay and 24-15 on comp
I've been doing it all wrong with having my sensitivity so high on PC. Used the DPI tool, it has been life changing. I usually play support and tanks but needed to improve my aim with Ana, that was definitely the problem.

whats the name of the tool?

xaosslug

Anyone tried Sombra yet? Seems pretty cool so far.

borrowed my breh's alienware lappy to try her out - BIG MEH, so far. Her ability to hack the tech of all the other characters from Winston's jetpack to Widowmaker's headgear is cool, but super OP.

NERF.

Satch

Banned
people hate picking winston so much, i just dont get it

they will get carwashed by symmetra a million times and still wont pick him :lol

Jokab

RJ0vwia.png

Anyone beating my damage?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So a couple things

Right now, Overwatch apparently is having issues with pixel skipping while aiming. The idea is that if your sens is above a certain point, your cursor will "skip" pixels while looking around. On a 1080p monitor, you need to have a sens at 4 or lower to avoid this. If you can adjust the DPI on your mouse, raise your DPI a bit and lower that sens until it's under 4. There's a calculator to help you figure it out. https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

It's not the end of the world, but it does cause some small consistency issues with aiming. This is for PC, Idk anything about how the engine handles aiming on consoles other than that it is apparently shi.
Thanks!

Squire

Banned
What if Sombra is the very last hero Blizz releases? I could see them doing it. By this I mean, they keep teasing her and releasing other heroes a la Ana.

I don't know why so many see this happening or find it appealing at all.

I mean, let's say they were doing that: They're already bad at it.

'Cause this ARG sucks eggs.

Release Sombra and move on. Overwatch fandom isn't even hurting for memes or in-jokes, anyway.

Azoor

Me and a friend of mine were talking about how could they possibly make a singleplayer campaign for Overwatch. I Argued that making a campaign without retooling some of the heroes is difficult because most of them are designed to do specific things so that they could work with watch other. Solider 76 could have a campaign of his own because of how diverse his toolkit is. Someone like Zarya for example isn't so fortunate.

What do you guys think ?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Me and a friend of mine were talking about how could they possibly make a singleplayer campaign for Overwatch. I Argued that making a campaign without retooling some of the heroes is difficult because most of them are designed to do specific things so that they could work with watch other. Solider 76 could have a campaign of his own because of how diverse his toolkit is. Someone like Zarya for example isn't so fortunate.

What do you guys think ?

Dating sim visual novel.

414. You got a bit to go ☺ are you online now? Thought there was a ddos so haven't gone on.
Ugh. I don't play her enough to catch up. Maybe I can get there in competitive.

Edit: I actually have more games than you, guess it's an MMR thing again. Bah. Just gotta git gud.

I'm in bed just watching Netflix until I pass out. 2am over here.

peakish

What do you guys think ?
If they make some SP content I expect them to retool characters a lot. SC2 plays hella different in SP than MP to make each part work to its strength.

I also think that if anything they'll be making very short campaigns or levels focused on one character at a time, or at most a small set of them.

ramyeon

Honestly I don't want or need a SP experience from Overwatch. I think it works fine as a MP only experience and I'm more than satisfied with how they're exploring and expanding on the lore through other mediums.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Question: How does Junkrat control the rip-tire?

Mind control?

duckroll

What do you guys think ?

I think it would be incredibly easy to make a campaign without having to retool their skill sets. What would be required though, is clever use of level scripting to make the abilities feel fresh and fun in a story episode. Zarya's skill set is extremely easy to leverage for clever level design. Have her infiltrate a base with narrow passages with traps that require good shield timing to block as you progress, building charge that allows you to one-shot generators that disable the traps before they kill you. Have puzzle sequences where you need to protect targets with the shield, like if you trigger a bot to be dropped on a switch, but the defense system destroys it while it is dropping, you shield it as it drops so it can fall successfully.

The challenge wouldn't be how to use the toolsets, it would be how to use them in clever and satisfying ways which feels totally different from the normal game, while delivering a satisfying gameplay and story experience that enriches the Overwatch universe.

Squire

Banned
I'm happy with the game as an MP experience, but I think if Blizzard tried SP here and really got it the way Duckroll is talking about we would see the most hype for a SP campaign since probably Halo 3. Would be a massive shot in the arm.

Azoor

I think it would be incredibly easy to make a campaign without having to retool their skill sets. What would be required though, is clever use of level scripting to make the abilities feel fresh and fun in a story episode. Zarya's skill set is extremely easy to leverage for clever level design. Have her infiltrate a base with narrow passages with traps that require good shield timing to block as you progress, building charge that allows you to one-shot generators that disable the traps before they kill you. Have puzzle sequences where you need to protect targets with the shield, like if you trigger a bot to be dropped on a switch, but the defense system destroys it while it is dropping, you shield it as it drops so it can fall successfully.

The challenge wouldn't be how to use the toolsets, it would be how to use them in clever and satisfying ways which feels totally different from the normal game, while delivering a satisfying gameplay and story experience that enriches the Overwatch universe.

I think Reaper would fit in with the infiltration type missions well too, the level design could require him to use of his Wraith form and Shadow Step. And maybe only use his guns when he gets detected.

Question: How does Junkrat control the rip-tire?

Mind control?

Considering he can even control it from beyond the grave it must be something even more bizarre.
Perhaps his spirit leaves his body vessel and dives into the tire, this would explain why it can still be controlled when the previous body has been gunned down in the meantime.

Is Quick Play broken at the moment? I can't get in to a game. I can for Girl Power though.

EDIT: Got in to a Quick Play, it took upwards of 15 minutes though

So today I had a dream of a new character being revealed, and it was such a bizarre concept that I thought I'd had to share it with you.

The trailer takes place in a short somewhere in a farmer-y looking place. You have sheep herded off behind a fence, a dirt road, some old looking houses. You see Ana and I wanna say it was Pharah but I don't remember exactly anymore walk over that road, and Pharah is like "What are we doing here?". In the background there's a pile of blue looking scrap as they walk.
Then you hear the voice of a man going "Oy vey, if that isn't Ana. Do you need my help?" and she nods and the blue scrap in the background moves and turns into this enormous white-and-blue mecha with a menorah painted on it and it shoots a massive laser and destroys everything around it and its got this chain gun and a rolling bomb as well.
And the character's name is Yasin.

So yeah, today I dreamt the next Overwatch character is a Jewish death robot.

Goddamn. I lowered my sensitivity from 13 in game to about 8 in game (PC), and immediately peeled off a 6-1 W/L session playing nothing but Soldier 76, with piles of gold medals. And I thought I sucked ass at the hitscan characters in this game.

So after not having played for over a week for some reason everything felt slow. Usually its the other way round. So i jumped the sens to 100 for both and its alright now.

I havent had good matches today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom