• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I still dont trust wireless mouse but yea g900 is a good mouse.I am still with my old trusty deathadder for 5 years now waiting for the g403 .Since u have a mech keyboard too i hope that u have a 144hz screen too for the full experience :D

Literally the only thing stopping me from getting the G900 is I come from fighting games and I will never ever ever trust anything wireless >_>

ohkay

Just looked at my overbuff stats for Tracer and I'm averaging 11 eliminations and 10 deaths per game with her... lol. I'm terrible with her. I think I play her like Genji/Reaper too much as a flanker. She seems like the one to be along with the main group picking off targets. Hard habit to shake off.
When I play her, I'm normally flanking. The main thing with her (like Genji) is knowing when it's worth it to engage or not. If you have a shot at a 1v1, or a good opening to take out a healer, take it. Try to make sure you have at least one blink or recall available to escape (assuming you were somewhere safe 3 seconds ago). You'll die a lot as tracer if you go in at the wrong times.

Whoa.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but if you're barely at a 1/1 K/d id say it's a total back to the drawing board type thing on how you approach the character. She works fine as a flanker you just have to pick your engagements smartly. And you should be racking up eliminations by just doing a little bit of damage to targets. If I'm not at 3/1 it's considered pretty bad.

Again, seriously not trying to be a dick. But if you want tips you could tell us how you fight with her and maybe we could help.

I wish there was a way on Overbuff to only look at averages for a certain length of time. I mainly want to excise all the times I played offense in the first month of the game when I didn't have a grasp on how to play it properly/when to engage and disengage.

Like for Tracer, my lifetime average QP eliminations are 11.5 and my average deaths are 7. Which looks terrible. But in my last six games I average 14.5 elims and 5.5 deaths, which is a definite improvement and a more accurate gauge of my current skill level.

Do any of the other stat tracking sites let you get breakdowns over different time periods beyond your most recent games? It's not just for gauging my skill level, I'd also love to see things like pre-patch vs post-patch with players like Zenyatta or Symmetra.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Literally the only thing stopping me from getting the G900 is I come from fighting games and I will never ever ever trust anything wireless >_>

Well i dont know where u are from but in my country g900 costs like 160 euros.I myself prefer a safer size.I would wait for g403 if i was you or maybe get a Logitech G pro if u claw grip.If u want the best bang for buck u can try for a Nixeus revel if u like the sensei size but u do want the advanced 3360 sensor

Probably wants zarya to save her ult for him every time.
Except our Zarya was doing that and he still spammed it. He spammed it every chance he had. He was even spamming it before the match started it and that made our Torb and Mei start spamming it.

I think he was just trying to be annoying.

On another note, I think Ana might be my second favorite hero right now, there is so much shit you can do with her. I am definitely buying her golden gun when I get the chance.

117 hours over 923 games...so my elims are legit and I barely play healers lol

MFfNqxJ.png
The thing to be careful with on this dashboard is that hero selection is a huge factor in overall averages. If someone spends about half their time on DPS and half their time on support, they're probably going to end up with mediocre elim numbers even if they crush it as DPS. It's why lifetime E:D across all heroes isn't that useful either; what a "good" E:D is varies widely by hero.

The best and most predictive things to look at are probably individual hero stats for winrate, E:D, elims/min, obj. time/min, etc. If you see you're in the top 25% or even top 10% of most rate stats with your favored heroes, you can probably ignore the Overbuff "quick play ranking" that says you're barely above the mean; if you put as much playtime into each hero as the guys at the top of the leaderboards, chances are you could outpace their counting stats. Some people just play 200 hours of D.Va. :p

Do any of the other stat tracking sites let you get breakdowns over different time periods beyond your most recent games? It's not just for gauging my skill level, I'd also love to see things like pre-patch vs post-patch with players like Zenyatta or Symmetra.
No, and it's annoying. It probably has to do with what you can scrape from Blizzard, and the sites also probably don't want people hammering them with requests for complicated data sets.

I do think Overbuff or Master Overwatch should be able to break the overall numbers down into time periods between major patches. It would let the community actually see stats and winrates for heroes climb or fall as Blizzard adjust.

darklin0

Banned
I wish there was a way on Overbuff to only look at averages for a certain length of time. I mainly want to excise all the times I played offense in the first month of the game when I didn't have a grasp on how to play it properly/when to engage and disengage.

Like for Tracer, my lifetime average QP eliminations are 11.5 and my average deaths are 7. Which looks terrible. But in my last six games I average 14.5 elims and 5.5 deaths, which is a definite improvement and a more accurate gauge of my current skill level.

I use the competitive tab for some characters. I know my quickplay stats are super skewed cause of a lot of messing around.

Skii

Reaper is actually pretty good with the group. Can take down reinhardt's shield pretty easily and kills any monkeys coming for your support.

Oh yeah I do use Reaper with the group when it's a choke point or if that's where the majority of the enemy is concentrated. But usually with Reinhardt I just teleport above them, jump down behind them and finish them myself.

Whoa.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but if you're barely at a 1/1 K/d id say it's a total back to the drawing board type thing on how you approach the character. She works fine as a flanker you just have to pick your engagements smartly. And you should be racking up eliminations by just doing a little bit of damage to targets. If I'm not at 3/1 it's considered pretty bad.

Again, seriously not trying to be a dick. But if you want tips you could tell us how you fight with her and maybe we could help.

I've only played an hour with her if that's any consolation (according to Overbuff). I feel like I have no longevity with Tracer. If I get the kill, I'm almost certainly being finished off by someone close. I constantly make misplays with my recall ability. I also just feel disorientated when I use dash. I might engage with the wrong enemies i.e Roadhog/Winston?

Here's a pic of my overbuff stats. Obviously it's all just basically diabolical lol
Would appreciate any tips. But I can't really describe my Tracer play as anything but just really bad.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Ran into the same issue with my Genji. My average right now is at 14, but after I finally understood Genji's playstile, my average elims are like 20. However, because I have over 60 hours on Genji, Im stuck at 14 pretty much forever.

The thing to be careful with on this dashboard is that hero selection is a huge factor in overall averages. If someone spends about half their time on DPS and half their time on support, they're probably going to end up with mediocre elim numbers even if they crush it as DPS. It's why lifetime E:D across all heroes isn't that useful either; what a "good" E:D is varies widely by hero.

The best and most predictive things to look at are probably individual hero stats for winrate, E:D, elims/min, obj. time/min, etc. If you see you're in the top 25% or even top 10% of most rate stats with your favored heroes, you can probably ignore the Overbuff "quick play ranking" that says you're barely above the mean; if you put as much playtime into each hero as the guys at the top of the leaderboards, chances are you could outpace their counting stats. Some people just play 200 hours of D.Va. :p

Well I got top 25% with elims per min and top 10% with K/D with my most played heroes, so yay

But I am a quickplay warrior, cuz ranked just took too damn long

Jarate

Banned
Whenever I spectate a player, I always try to spectate in this order

1 Symmetra
2. Widowmaker
3. Tracer

those classes give you the best 3rd person booty shot

Raxanas

Neo Member
Too much pressure. That was a way better game before you started spectating. Lol

Still went 25-3

Vault i am a pretty decent tracer but the only issue i have is that i feel i die a bit too much for my liking.Mostly the other dps arent doing work so i have to go ham and sometime i overcommit a bit.I play her as a flanker not trying to a 100% someone just deal enough dmg and/or distract/stall them.What can i do to improve my death ratio...I average 19/7 with 6700 dmg and 32% accuracy on QP(PC ofc)

No, and it's annoying. It probably has to do with what you can scrape from Blizzard, and the sites also probably don't want people hammering them with requests for complicated data sets.

I do think Overbuff or Master Overwatch should be able to break the overall numbers down into time periods between major patches. It would let the community actually see stats and winrates for heroes climb or fall as Blizzard adjust.

Yeah, I can see how it would really overload the site if we had all sorts of options for generating statistics. Still, it's a shame that every time I think I'm improving and yet I'm still in an awful percentile since it took me a good amount of games to understand the character.

Plus I'm positive I have a winning record as Zenyatta post-patch and just really want to see the differences in graph form.

I use the competitive tab for some characters. I know my quickplay stats are super skewed cause of a lot of messing around.

Yeah competitive is a decent gauge comparatively. The only thing is that it's been in the last few weeks I've concentrated on preserving my own life and disengaging when things are hopeless and waiting for my team. I'm the type of person where I'll gladly sacrifice myself if I can also take out another person on the team, but I've slowly deprogrammed myself to focus on living over winning every battle. And I'd really like to compare my recent stats (especially E:D ratios) just to see if I'm actually accomplishing what I'm thinking I am or if it's all in my head.

Ran into the same issue with my Genji. My average right now is at 14, but after I finally understood Genji's playstile, my average elims are like 20. However, because I have over 60 hours on Genji, Im stuck at 14 pretty much forever.

God, that's me and Pharah. I spent the first month and a half playing as her and not realizing L2 also hovers in addition to X. My in-flight aiming got exponentially better after I found out I was an idiot, but my stats are forever screwed due to my initial horrible playing.

Vault i am a pretty decent tracer but the only issue i have is that i feel i die a bit too much for my liking.Mostly the other dps arent doing work so i have to go ham and sometime i overcommit a bit.I play her as a flanker not trying to a 100% someone just deal enough dmg and/or distract/stall them.What can i do to improve my death ratio...I average 19/7 with 6700 dmg and 32% accuracy on QP(PC ofc)
I'm not much better. 20.5/5.6 and I feel like I die to much too. Two basic things though:
Don't be afraid to recall, even if you've hardly taken any damage if you've started getting hit that means they have you lined up which is all it takes with your tiny health pool. Or even if you just don't like how the battle looks. I'm always running in and before I even take damage I'll just nope the fuck out of there.
Also, don't run into battle totally empty. I know Tracer moves fast but way to often people will just triple blink into battle and then realize too late that they just gave up their most effective way to fight. If I'm entering the fray it's two blinks and recall at minimum.
Other than that don't get 'stunned' bait hooks and flashbangs watch for traps don't engage people like Junkrat directly because he'll spam kill you more often than not. Know your matchups.

Also I appreciate thinking I'm hot shit but I'm not even the best console Tracer in this thread Undignify and Cooldude for sure and probably others. They probably can give better advice.

Jellie

I'm not much better. 20.5/5.6 and I feel like I die to much too. Two basic things though:
Don't be afraid to recall, even if you've hardly taken any damage if you've started getting hit that means they have you lined up which is all it takes with your tiny health pool. Or even if you just don't like how the battle looks. I'm always running in and before I even take damage I'll just nope the fuck out of there.
Also, don't run into battle totally empty. I know Tracer moves fast but way to often people will just triple blink into battle and then realize too late that they just gave up their most effective way to fight. If I'm entering the fray it's two blinks and recall at minimum.
Other than that don't get 'stunned' bait hooks and flashbangs watch for traps don't engage people like Junkrat directly because he'll spam kill you more often than not. Know your matchups.

Also I appreciate thinking I'm hot shit but I'm not even the best console Tracer in this thread Undignify and Cooldude for sure and probably others. They probably can give better advice.
You got way better stats than me. Thought you were the best. I've been leaving tracer for you.

Nimby

Banned
I wish stat sites like Overbuff/MasterOverwatch gave more detailed hero statistics. There's no way to look at stats based the latest patch or limit stats based on rank. Specifically I want to see Torb/Sym winrates at a high competitive level and see if they match up with what they have listed. I also want to know what Ana's pick rate was since she was released, not compared to when the game was launched.

Odrion

Banned

It has less latency than some popular wired gaming mice.

Still don't get it because the mouse is really lacking in features (other than that latency) for a $150 product. Only four mice buttons, no adjustable weights, worse build quality than the MX Master. The G502 seems like a deluxe mouse in comparison and it's half the price.

Also ambidextrous. Ew.

Anne

Tracer is my most played character in scrims, and I think I can play her p well. A lot of staying alive just comes down to being able to not have to be in a fight too long, and knowing when to disengage. Like, if you engage people and can kill them fast enough (Tracer can do this well) so that they can't contest you really, then they obviously won't be killing you. Like just take your safe damage from a decent range and limit your dives and flanks to when you can for sure secure a kill then snowball form there. Like, you poke at McCree from range until he's low enough you can kill him before flashbang is an issue (read: near instant). That or until you know those options aren't there. Like if he were to flash a tank or something, he can't flash you and has to reload probably, so go in if you can.

If Tracer can pick a DPS in a fight she's near unkillable tbh. Hella snowball-y character like that.

Oh also tanks are batteries to Tracer, engage them wisely but they should never kill you unless Roadhog gets the jump on you or something you can do massive damage allowing your team to finish them off and you'll charge you're ult like crazy.

Kwixotik

I feel like I'm regressing in skill

Somebody add me on PSN, I need someone to tell me when I'm doing dumb shit. Username same as here.

Jellie

Overbuff knows. lol

You play against better players which is why the stats are different
What was the potg. I was reading a message from kashif. Please tell me it was my sticky on reaper that shutdown his and ana's ult combo.
Oh also tanks are batteries to Tracer, engage them wisely but they should never kill you unless Roadhog gets the jump on you or something you can do massive damage allowing your team to finish them off and you'll charge you're ult like crazy.
Yeah farm roadhog for ult after baiting a hook and then sticky the zenyatta is my go to tactic.

Blunoise

May pick this game up tmmrw. Does anyone have any pointers in what I should focus on to become a good player? How many characters should I use to be good at anytime? Thanks

ohkay

May pick this game up tmmrw. Does anyone have any pointers in what I should focus on to become a good player? How many characters should I use to be good at anytime? Thanks
Just try out all the characters and get to know their abilities (both useful when playing as and against them), and at the very least know how to play one offense, tank, and support character so you can fill a role as needed (though having two of each is better in case someone picks your main in that category)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had a Genji pulling out all the flippy dippy shit on me all game, had enough and switched to Winston, shut his ass down and head hunted him. felt good man

asking again for a new page :p

what time should you be hitting lucio's pushback/tracer's recall/escape move #6 to escape from road hog's hook? I feel like I only manage it 50% of the time, or less.

xaosslug

go for whichever character(s) you find most fun and then branch out from there. You can remap the controls of all characters in a group or separately, so don't feel constricted to the default control scheme. Turn on skirmish in the options menu so you don't have to sit doing nothing while the game searches for a match + you can use it to practice other characters before going live.

idk about how to become a better player, but getting good at aiming + headshot is never a bad idea. Familiarize yourself w/ the maps (I'm still finding out stuff on maps. Recently I just found out about the yellow wall on Dorado that can be used for flanking, yoooooooo!!!) and where all the health packs are.

but above all else have fun, yo! :D

Paltheos

Had a Genji pulling out all the flippy dippy shit on me all game, had enough and switched to Winston, shut his ass down and head hunted him. felt good man

I know that feeling although for me it's against Widowmakers and the occasional Bastion. Whenever I see a Widowmaker my team's struggling with, I immediately switch to D.Va and make it my personal mission to hunt her down every time.

Feels good, and it's usually a difference maker. I might be imagining this, but I suspect that strong Widowmakers tend to be the strongest players on their teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom