• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I'm 3-2 on my placement matches. Both losses were due to terrible teammates. By the end of the second loss I somehow had gold medals in both healing and damage, how does that even happen? This is why I hate playing support with randoms.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2VxGvmQ.jpg

CAJ1n2W.jpg
SOLDIERS BACK BAY BEEE~~

I want some clarification about purple point distribution. I know that you'll earn 10 points for every victory, but what about draws and loses? Also, since my points have increased from 60 to 600, what does it mean for points being rewarded in the brackets, post-season? Is everything increased by a multiple of 10?
I believe you earn 3 instead of 10 and yes everything is multiplied by 10.

ramyeon

You just get 10CP for winning and 3 for a draw. Medals don't impact what you get.
He's talking about end of season tier rewards.

I don't think we know these for the new tiers yet. But expect it to be similar to what the tiers corresponded to on the 1-100 scale last season x10.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most of the laugh emotes are underwhelming tbh outside of like Symmetra's anime villaines and Reaper's cartoon villain one

Blues1990

You just get 10CP for winning and 3 for a draw. Medals don't impact what you get.
No, I was referring to post-season for the number of purple points are rewarded for the tier you're placed in? Like in season 1, you were rewarded with 300 purple points for placing Rank 65.

I think reaper or mccree is kind of a preference thing now. I've seen teams preferring reaper as a tracer companion.

If only we can have a meta with no tracer on koth
or no tracer at all.
TAKE IT BACK YOU MONSTER
If Hanzo kills Tracer I might actually cry.
I'm stuck at work for another 5 and a half hours at least :(

As long as this drops sometime today for the weekend I'm good.
RIP in peace :(

I think reaper or mccree is kind of a preference thing now. I've seen teams preferring reaper as a tracer companion.

If only we can have a meta with no tracer on koth
or no tracer at all.
No Tracer OR Winston on KOTH. I have nothing against them, it would just be nice to not see those two in every KOTH game.

Plesiades

No, I was referring to post-season for the number of purple points are rewarded for the tier you're placed in? Like in season 1, you were rewarded with 300 purple points for placing Rank 65.

He's talking about end of season tier rewards.

I don't think we know these for the new tiers yet. But expect it to be similar to what the tiers corresponded to on the 1-100 scale last season x10.

Oh, sorry. My bad.

Giving the S1 numbers times 10 seems possible. Maybe the MMR distribution will be different this season and they'll change the CP numbers accordingly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ugh, I'm not sure how I feel about getting back into the res meta.

Really enjoying the less death bally nature of the games so far though.

Mei is going to be essential for KotH. Her ult now covers the entirety of... nearly every point, other than maybe Well? That's a longass while to completely deny the point, not to mention the potential kills. That's enough of an advantage to completely offset any potential weaknesses in the rest of her kit. She's an ultbot now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mei is going to be essential for KotH. Her ult now covers the entirety of... nearly every point, other than maybe Well? That's a longass while to completely deny the point, not to mention the potential kills. That's enough of an advantage to completely offset any potential weaknesses in the rest of her kit. She's an ultbot now.

No, she won't. She still does too little damage to replace your dps, so you're going to lose every team fight. Maybe as a tank replacement but her kit doesn't work as well in the wide open arenas of koth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom