• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

These are the season end CP rewards:

Z0OQ01E6THG31472693874388.png

Source!
JXAOG6OTAXFA1472772726611.jpg

No, she won't. She still does too little damage to replace your dps, so you're going to lose every team fight. Maybe as a tank replacement but her kit doesn't work as well in the wide open arenas of koth.

She can do enough to make it worthwhile, is my point. Her ult is now officially godlike.

Yeah, those are some very weak ass rewards now that golden weapons cost 3k CP / pop.
You get everything at the same rate as before. Wins give 10 points, and end of season rewards were also multiplied by 10.

The only difference from before is that you get 3 points for a draw.

ramyeon

Yeah, those are some very weak ass rewards now that golden weapons cost 3k CP / pop.
What do you mean? It seems like it's the same as before but multiplied by 10 as is everything else.

Season 1 for comparison:

SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs

antitrop

What do you mean? It seems like it's the same as before but multiplied by 10 as is everything else.

Season 1 for comparison:

SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs
Is 65 the same as Grandmaster level, though?

If it is, it means I'm better at the game than I thought I was, which I suppose was the entire point of moving over the StarCraft II way of doing Ladder.

ramyeon

Is 65 the same as Grandmaster level, though?

If it is, it means I'm better at the game than I thought I was, which I suppose was the entire point of moving over the StarCraft II way of doing Ladder.
I don't think you can compare the tiers that literally since a lot has changed in the skill point distribution since last season.

Perhaps it will be harder to get the higher level rewards this time around, while the lower level ones are pretty much the same as last season.

Mei's ult prevents people from firing or using abilities after they freeze, lasts longer, and does more damage. Idk, man.
Where do you get the lasts longer and more damage part? Iirc, all they did was make it larger and pierce barriers lol. Oh you're comparing it to Graviton Surge. Still deserves a lol
It's 1 second now instead of 0.5 before.

There's a thread complaining about D.va nerf on the forums claiming her to be unusable, I hope it's not that bad :(

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748934691
Hm, must have read the numbers wrong.

I have a feeling people might be overreacting, But we'll see.

ramyeon

It's the battle.net forums.
True, that's why I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I try it out. But the poster I quoted was saying her survivability seems lower too so it's not without reason.

Honestly felt D.va was in a good place after her changes/buff myself.

I don't really see an issue with that change tho, it just means you have to be more deliberate with your DM usage. I guess it could be annoying if you lower it to attack and then someone pops an ult but... they're ults. :/

Made the cooldown on defense matrix up to 1 second

Delay between Defense Matrixs is now 1.5 seconds instead of 1 second.

It's 1 second now instead of 0.5 before.

There's a thread complaining about D.va nerf on the forums claiming her to be unusable, I hope it's not that bad :(

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748934691

Oh, that's a bummer. Honestly, it seems to make a huge difference. I never died this fast until today. I can barely get kills off before my mech gets ripped to shreds.

Jarate

Banned
I don't really see an issue with that change tho, it just means you have to be more deliberate with your DM usage. I guess it could be annoying if you lower it to attack and then someone pops an ult but... they're ults. :/

A big strategies for Dva was to shoot, put up when they start firing, take down when they need to reload, and then shoot and repeat the process. Move is way less spammable then before which means D. Vas are gonna die faster.

A big strategies for Dva was to shoot, put up when they start firing, take down when they need to reload, and then shoot and repeat the process. Move is way less spammable then before which means D. Vas are gonna die faster.
yeah, I used to play DVa a lot but I figured 0.5 wouldn't be too much of an increase (haven't played the new patch yet)

maybe I was wrong :( sucks. she was much stronger as of last patch but I didn't think she was that good :/

Jarate

Banned
yeah, I used to play DVa a lot but I figured 0.5 wouldn't be too much of an increase (haven't played the new patch yet)

maybe I was wrong :( sucks. she was much stronger as of last patch but I didn't think she was that good :/

Meh, you should still be fine with D. Va as long as you don't play a super gimmicky style revolving heavily around your defense matrix which ive seen a lot of people use.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also just to clarify, DM regenerates after 1 second of use. It was always a 1 second cooldown last patch.

So uh, just don't burn through it?

xaosslug

Did they nerf D.Va or am I just awful now?
(Never was that great)
Her tank seems to get ripped to shreds almost instantly now.

Blizz literally gives no fucks and are just buff/nerfing according to 'data' or whatever. I mean who said Mei needed a buff? Welp, according to 'data' she wasn't getting much play, so they buffed her up. I'm sure when D.Va play falls to a level they're not happy with they will revisist the 'survivability vs. damge' cunundrum they faced a while back, and will buff D.Va's attack damage this time to see what's what. >_>

Well, finished my placement matches and went 6-4. First couple of games were complete trash and then it got better at the end. I got 2720 MMR and Plat.

Jarate

Banned
The only thing they shouldnt buff with mei is the speed in which her gun freezes. Her other abilities could use some tweaks to make her more viable, but her being annoying is her being useful and good at the game. If you want to beat her, then kill her.

Mei definitely needed a buff lol

Before this patch, Junkrat was the only defense hero that was good. All the others needed a buff. Hanzo and Mei have gotten said buffs and are now viable. Now they just need to look at Bastion, Torb, and Widow.

Widow is fine, Torb and Bastion should never be buffed. #BringBackOldTorbOnConsoles
Nah, Widow needs a console buff. Maybe grappling hook cooldown? Bastion might not need a buff, but maybe a rework on one of his abilities?

Also, you say Torb shouldn't be buffed and then you say bring back old Torb 🤔

Make up your mind :p

Jarate

Banned
Nah, Widow needs a console buff. Maybe grappling hook cooldown? Bastion might not need a buff, but maybe a rework on one of his abilities?

Also, you say Torb shouldn't be buffed and then you say bring back old Torb 🤔

Make up your mind :p

Selfishly, i want the Torb buff.

for the sake of the game, we dont need more torbjorns

a widow console buff would slay me tbh

again, now that zen has his hp the only things widow could insta kill with a body shot would be tracer & meatless Dva. I would be fine with her old damage coming back, as the whole point of tracer is to be a fast character that is incredibly difficult to hit & dva should be playing carefully outside her mech anyway.

Satch

Banned
All these pharmercy picks in competitive... Im playing so much winston and eating so many mercys this is GREAT 😎😎😎😎😎😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom