• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Matchmaking is still a joke my friend(lvl200+) and I(lvl100+) just got in our first placement a full team of 20s and 30s on both sides. WHY blizzard WHY :(
Gold damage and elimination as a Zarya at least we won.
Level means nothing besides amount of time invested.

Gee, the best and worst of competitive in my first two placement matches: first match we get slaughtered on Lijang Tower (at one point I looked at the medals and noticed that I had Gold for eliminations... with 1... playing Lucio), and then a match on Temple of Anubis where we totally curb-stomped the other team. But hey, at least we didn't have any leavers in either game, so that's a plus.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though let's not pretend that the matchmaking is perfect also.

I think people at level 20-50 would have pretty fluctuating MMRs because there just isn't enough of a sampling size.

ramyeon

I think people at level 20-50 would have pretty fluctuating MMRs because there just isn't enough of a sampling size.
It's not perfect yeah, but it's also not really possible to gauge someone's worth on a team based on their level. I've played with people under level 50 that were great and people over level 200 that sucked.

antitrop

Did the new patch change how catching on fire works?

It feels like it takes way more to get that bar to move now. Roadhog's self-healing used to move that thing a mile, now it doesn't move it at all.

Not that it matters anything, just something I noticed.

Strider

I think this is aresponse to me?

If so it was rank not level. Can't remember if I had to edit that in my other post or not but yea... my b I know I edited something but I was only partly paying attention lol

But yea my lowest 2 ranks from season 1 on snipers is always and forever no bueno.

Plesiades

It feels like it takes way more to get that bar to move now. Roadhog's self-healing used to move that thing a mile, now it doesn't move it at all.

I read somewhere that they nerfed Roadhog's gain with the self-healing in particular. I didn't play in the PTR so maybe they changed how the whole system works.

Antiwhippy

I think this is aresponse to me?

If so it was rank not level. Can't remember if I had to edit that in my other post or not but yea... my b I know I edited something but I was only partly paying attention lol

But yea my lowest 2 ranks from season 1 on snipers is always and forever no bueno.

Oh no, it was a response to this.

Matchmaking is still a joke my friend(lvl200+) and I(lvl100+) just got in our first placement a full team of 20s and 30s on both sides. WHY blizzard WHY :(
Gold damage and elimination as a Zarya at least we won.

Strider

Oh no, it was a response to this.

oh ok no worries wasnt sure lol
goodjob.gif

NimbusD

This is hilarious.

Last night I realize I'm sort of addicted ot playing this game in a bad way that's making me fall behind on my freelance work. So I uninstalled it with the intention of waiting until the 6th to play so I can take a break and catch up on work.

So of COURSE they up the release to fucking today. fml.

Tovarisc

Yet another patch pushed from PTR to live in hurry tossing all "Don't worry, we will look at data and adjust because we have plenty time on PTR!" claims into bin.

Antiwhippy

Yet another patch pushed from PTR to live in hurry tossing all "Don't worry, we will look at data and adjust because we have plenty time on PTR!" claims into bin.

It's pretty clear they rather test balance mainly live and PTR is just for small adjustments and bug fixes.

Also I would way rather them do this then prolonging the anxiety of anticipating when the patch will drop. I also don't think you can mainly balance on PTR.

Game will be in a constant balance flux for awhile and that's fine. If they want to release the perfectly balanced game day 1 they wouldn't have released it at all.

antitrop

You're on PC right now? Practice up. Placement matches on PSN with me, buddy,

Yeah, but my PC level is only 18, so I can't even do Competitive right now.

I don't know how I'm going to balance my time between PS4 and PC. All my unlocks and golden guns and shit are on PS4, as well as most of my friends, so I'm inclined to play that more, but Mouse/Keyboard feels so good.

It would be nice if Blizzard just linked the accounts and made it a non-issue, but meh

ramyeon

Considering this was supposed to go live next Tuesday I would expect console patch around there.

Edit: Or if they not dicks then "soon"
It wasn't supposed to go live next Tuesday. It was supposed to go live today but PSN is down. It's already live on XB1.

matmanx1

Oh God

Mei is a nightmare

EDIT: BUT ILL TAKE NIGHTMARE MEI BECAUSE MY GIRL MERCY IS A GODDESS NOW

Yes, came to say this. Mei is now truly terrifying. Just came from a KoTH match on Nepal and the enemy Mei had 37 eliminations and was on fire about 75% of the match. Mei is now short for Meta, as in the new meta. =(

Satch

Banned
Well, Pharmercy got destroyed and now both teams are using the usual stuff.
Rip

the way i look at it, pharmercy combo just puts your Rezbot in danger all the time. if theres a zenyatta then he can always discord her since shes flying around with a glowing beam leading your eye directly to her, and her death will follow shortly. now ur down a hero

its only one game and its really early, but thats how i envision this going for the future. i hope to god that im wrong because i miss playing pharah a lot and shes very closely tied to mercys viability so it needs to work out

Blues1990

I want some clarification about purple point distribution. I know that you'll earn 10 points for every victory, but what about draws and loses? Also, since my points have increased from 60 to 600, what does it mean for points being rewarded in the brackets, post-season? Is everything increased by a multiple of 10?

ramyeon

I want some clarification about purple point distribution. I know that you'll earn 10 points for every victory, but what about draws and loses? Also, since my points have increased from 60 to 600, what does it mean for points being rewarded in the brackets, post-season? Is everything increased by a multiple of 10?
3 points for draw.
0 for loss as usual.

Yes. The economy has all been multiplied by 10.

Tovarisc

Good that this new map is as brawl. People are quite lost in sections before interior push.

Edit: Just read details on brawl. "Only 1 of each hero per team" as special rule, very cool. That ranked model taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom