• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play for the first match of the day. Defending, first to pick a character then slowly realize the rest of the team decides we don't need a healer, get asses kicked. I'm done with Solo queue.

I've come to the realization that in some cases, people die so fast, a healer wouldn't even make a difference, so it's better to play a tank or DPS.

Like, one game I was playing Ana and they all spread out, going out of my sight and trickling in 1 by 1 and we got stomped. One of the guys was yelling for Mercy and I was like "dude, Mercy wouldn't change a thing here, you guys are dying so fast even Mercy can't heal your ass, and she could only be on one of her teammates anyway cause everyone's spreading out"

Josh5890

I just finished my ten matches to get a competitive rank. I'm sitting at 51. How does that compare to everyone else here? I'm curious where I sit among OverwatchGaf

Skii

I love it when the team goes out of its way to attack the characters that don't have discord orbs on them. Honestly I'm paired with the most brain dead team in competitive. Blizzard must be doing it on purpose.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I love it when the team goes out of its way to attack the characters that don't have discord orbs on them. Honestly I'm paired with the most brain dead team in competitive. Blizzard must be doing it on purpose.

Nobody shooting at Winstons ever is the most mysterious thing - they're pretty easy to kill with concentrated fire in general, forget Discord.

Dropped to mid 56. Was close but now...

They need to fix sudden death and make just based on the time capped. Attacking draws the short stick and needs a godly push to make it within 1:30. Changing this will make games shorter and make more people realize that it's important to push the cart rather than go ahead and try to get another kill.

ISOM

I feel sorry for the people who paid for Loot boxes. I didn't buy any and I think I've gotten every Olympic skin except for D.va and Mccree. I even got Nihon Genji twice.

Prelude.

I feel sorry for the people who paid for Loot boxes. I didn't buy any and I think I've gotten every Olympic skin except for D.va and Mccree. I even got Nihon Genji twice.
Yeah, I got pretty much what I wanted too in about 13 levels, especially Zarya and Tracer's best new skins that I wanted the most. I'd like some medal poses too, though, some of those are pretty cool, and I only got Golf Soldier so far, which has no medal.

I also got 3 other "old" legendary skins from the new lootboxes so they might have changed the rng a bit, I don't know.

I just played Hanamura attack with three fucking Genjis on my team. *sigh*

Belfast

Sweet. Just got the Lucio/D.Va summer skins and the Symmetra summer emote in back-to-back loot boxes through leveling. Got Weightlifter Zarya last night, too.

Anne

As in, get a lot of kills with her and don't die. I'm mainly looking for tips for the latter.

And PC.

Keep at least one blink ready in case of emergencies/free kills and learn to count to 3. Tracer is really straightforward, she just takes a lot of mechanical skill.

Also a lot of higher rated players use circle crosshair with bloom on her because they find it easier to track when they know the spread. I don't do this cause I just aim better with my crosshair being static, but I understand why it's good.

Edit: she's not that much diff from console > PC tbh, just the higher mechanical skill ceiling makes her get nutty. I guess I should also mention her range to 1 shot somebody is pretty short, so learn where that is and how to be in it.

Laputa_94

Any really good tracer players here? I need some tips as I would like to start learning and eventually maining her.

Map awareness is required, knowing that blinking a certain direction will give you cover or give you an escape route is important. Knowing when you have blink and recall, not being afraid of getting behind of enemy lines. As tracer The only character I fear is Junkrat due to his grenades. I go head to head with Reinhardts and Winstons all the time. People say Winston is tracers counter I believe the opposite since he his easy to get a whole clip of headshots on.

finalflame

Got to my season high of 59 today duo and tri-queueing with talkative randoms I found in solo queue.

The climb has been intense from my placement of 34. Any of PCGAF wanna queue together right now with voice chat? I need that 60.

ISOM

I know the basics. Just looking to become a much better player with her. Like the really good Tracers who you can't ever seem to kill.

Knowing the layout of a map is essential so that you know where the healthpacks are and where you can blink in and out of to safety is big. I would also say learning the timing of the characters you're facing and knowing when to bait hooks or flashes and so on.

Anne

I know the basics. Just looking to become a much better player with her. Like the really good Tracers who you can't ever seem to kill.

I'll be a bit more helpful I guess. The game plan with Tracer isn't to never die and just be annoying. Her kill power and DPS are actually fucking nuts if you have aim, so the game plan is to murder people before they can react. So like you can hold a blink and blink onto a 200HP hero and one shot(kill in a single clip) them before they know you're there. If you fail to one shot but get them close you can just melee once out of ammo to kill. Once you kill them you should have another blink to get out.

The rest of blink usage is pretty straightforward, just get around and avoid being in a bad spot. Recall is good if you can roughly know where you were 3s ago because you can use recall as more than a get out of jail free card. Like deal a ton of damage to a DPS, tank jumps on you, recall to a point where you can re-engage the tank and kill them, win fight.

Rest of it is aim. All headshots at closest range is 480 damage a clip. That's obv impossible, but you can break 200 or get close to it pretty regularly. Like seriously, try to maximize that and just get your picks.

Veelk

Banned
Holy SHIT.

I just...I know I said a few days ago that I had my worst losing streak. Nope, today is even worse. Thanks to Slightconfuse for sticking with me. But I'm just bummed right now. 8 or so games total today and I lost every single one.

I think my rank is at a season low with 47. Just....

:(

I need a break right now. I really love the game, but fuck overwatch right now, and especially FUCK ranking players. I shouldn't be forced to play a mode designed to tell you how shitty you are as a player just because it's the only one with non-stupid rules governing it's gameplay. I'm just so completely bitter to the game right now.

I'll be a bit more helpful I guess. The game plan with Tracer isn't to never die and just be annoying. Her kill power and DPS are actually fucking nuts if you have aim, so the game plan is to murder people before they can react. So like you can hold a blink and blink onto a 200HP hero and one shot(kill in a single clip) them before they know you're there. If you fail to one shot but get them close you can just melee once out of ammo to kill. Once you kill them you should have another blink to get out.

The rest of blink usage is pretty straightforward, just get around and avoid being in a bad spot. Recall is good if you can roughly know where you were 3s ago because you can use recall as more than a get out of jail free card. Like deal a ton of damage to a DPS, tank jumps on you, recall to a point where you can re-engage the tank and kill them, win fight.

Rest of it is aim. All headshots at closest range is 480 damage a clip. That's obv impossible, but you can break 200 or get close to it pretty regularly. Like seriously, try to maximize that and just get your picks.
Thanks for the tips. ISOM and Laputa as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Despite people here saying that Winston is useless since the zenyetta buff I'm finding my best games are usually when I'm playing him lmao.

Just gotta be smart on when to dive and shield.

cyborg009

Banned
Despite people here saying that Winston is useless since the zenyetta buff I'm finding my best games are usually when I'm playing him lmao.

Just gotta be smart on when to dive and shield.

I just can't play him correctly. I feel like his shield needs to be able to take a bit more damage.

Antiwhippy

I just can't play him correctly. I feel like his shield needs to be able to take a bit more damage.

It's not really meant to be something to block a ton of damage. It's meant to buy you more seconds to zap them and then gtfo.

Even still, it looks like i average 11k damage blocked with him so it's not like it can't block damage.

Apathy

I feel like this is correct for them. Their character pool on each player is pretty small, so having Gods/Enigma flex between certain DPS/tanks makes more sense for them.

I'd rather see enigma be the full time dps and gods be flex if only because gods is so often so inconsistent when he has to dps with mccree

ramyeon

On solo queue comp. Defense on Volskaya. No one will go tank, instead we have Mei, Torbjorn and Junkrat. For fuck's sake. Of course we lose in record time.

Next up, attack. And now we have 3 tanks and no offense heroes outside of myself. Are people just stupid or are they trolling?

Prelude.

If feels like that only when you're using him, lol. But it's 600hp, that's enough to do decent damage and jump away, Winston isn't exactly a killing machine, he's for backline harassment.

Antiwhippy

The most important part of good Winston play is to prioritise targets.

Mccree? Zap. Lucio? Zap. Zenyetta? Extra zap, but be careful. Be sure to have shield if you want to engage the zen man.

Anne

I'd rather see enigma be the full time dps and gods be flex if only because gods is so often so inconsistent when he has to dps with mccree

Both Gods/Enigma are so good at various DPS that I would just ditch either being set DPS and just flex between the two of them tbh

I think it's a bit silly that there isn't even an incentive to solo queue. You get more EXP as a group and it's pretty much guaranteed to be a better experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom