• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Wait NRG still has a chance in the Open? I thought they lost the chance to qualify after losing to Fnatic a few days ago.

Yea, there are actually 2 ways you can get into the playoffs - winning a tournament outright (like EnvyUs, C9, and Fnatic) OR being high in the standings:

http://www.overwatchopen.com/north-america/#/standings/

NRG are already guaranteed a spot in playoffs due to having enough points, though they're trying to get better seeding by winning this last open qualifier.

Beckx

several games today have devolved into teammate infighting. i don't know what's worse, the people playing bad team compositions or the teammates who can't even be polite in asking them to switch. inevitably bad feelings after a minute and the team implodes.

ramyeon

That feeling when you're holding off attackers on a payload really well for the first checkpoint and then your team freaks out and loses their shit once they get that. Got steamrolled after that cause everyone was all over the place.

finalflame

several games today have devolved into teammate infighting. i don't know what's worse, the people playing bad team compositions or the teammates who can't even be polite in asking them to switch. inevitably bad feelings after a minute and the team implodes.

Yah toxicity goes both ways, but composition is simple: if you wanna win, don't try novel shit unless you know you're REALLY good at it. Two of my games that almost went south was because people decided to try "novel" comps and we got massacred; after talking through it and switching to a meta comp we breezed through and ended up winning.

You're not gonna pull off that amazing game as attack torb because you're an amazing attack torb snowflake.

That feeling when you're holding off attackers on a payload really well for the first checkpoint and then your team freaks out and loses their shit once they get that. Got steamrolled after that cause everyone was all over the place.

I'm convinced (misplaced) overconfidence is the reason so many OW games flip on overtime.

xaosslug

i was playing with some guys earlier and they were fighting over not letting one guy play because he wanted to mute another guy on chat (because he didn't want to hear him talk, xD) and they were just going on and on, so I left the group. smh

Prelude.

Snowballing is pretty common, people don't know how to group up after a team wipe.

Blues1990

That satisfaction you get when you see an enemy Roadhog helplessly trying to heal him/herself after being hit with Ana's dart/grenade/punch combo.

Seriously, it never gets old to see them wasting time standing in the middle of a fight, only to get mutilated by the 60-something, one-eyed sniper.

finalflame

I actually said "Holy shit" out loud. That was a fucking impressive save.
Same! I was reacting how I usually roll my eyes at sports fans for reacting to football/soccer/basketball/whatever. Nice to finally be able to relate :p

Edit: AND that graviton surge by enigma! Goddamn. Too bad they haven't pushed all the way..but 5 mins left lol. Honestly felt like Gods on Widow as a bit of a "fuck you".

Owzers

I feel like i probably should get a mic for season 2.

i already caved and started occasionally using my mic that came with ps4 after not wanting to for awhile. Never used that mic before, but at least it's something for competitive rather than just letting people flank without warning.

SeanR1221

I've recently taken to D.Va and I'm racking up gold medals across the board. It helps that few people finish you off in human form and it's fun as hell to disrupt people with her

finalflame

I've recently taken to D.Va and I'm racking up gold medals across the board. It helps that few people finish you off in human form and it's fun as hell to disrupt people with her

Welcome to the club :) It's addicting.

Man, I really really really dislike Alex Richardson but I can't put my finger on why.

Edit: Can't wait to see all the offense Widows in competitive tonight trying to emulate Gods ;p

Anne

What's wrong with Roadhog on offense? I've found him to be good on both sides. Yeah he's better on defense, but still pretty damn good on offense.

Or are you talking about the tourney?

NRG is running this lol

Seeing a tier 1 team run that is so silly.

NRG is running this lol

Seeing a tier 1 team run that is so silly.
So Gods back on the Widow train? Also never seen them use Roadhog before.

Today is a weird day for them. It's good that they are trying something different because the old strats weren't working for them. Hopefully it works out in the long run for them.

Anne

Is nrg tier 1?

They're at the bottom of tier 1 I'd say. I haven't seen them lose to tier 2 teams in a bit despite them getting beat up pretty bad by the rest of the top teams.

I like them having Enigma on Tracer and Gods on Winston for koth. That makes sense to try against a tier 2 team and can work. Those Hollywood strats were just comfort pick stomps.

ramyeon

Wow today is terrible. About to just throw the towel in. Like the person on voice chat in this game I just got destroyed in was all of 10 years old.

Skii

I had the rare PS4 player on the mic today going absolutely ballistic that we couldn't defend the first point on King's Row after the coin flip. How can people not understand at this moment how difficult that is.

finalflame

Sorry ps4

giphy.gif

jk, have fun buds :)

Did Blizzard ever explain why every melee in the game is the exact same as far as speed/power?

Seems a bit... odd.

Uh... For consistency? I've never seen any question this. Why would they want to balance yet another aspect of a hero's kits with varying melee speeds/power?

X-Frame

Ended the night at SR 62.9 and my highest is 62 so far. I can't bring myself to play another match tonight because if I lose after getting so close to 63 I'll be pissed.

Going to hope for some luck tomorrow. Would really like that SR 65.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My internet up and shits the bed on a game I was losing but had 3 gold medals as D.Va on, rejoin and my stats are gone, great. 1 minute in internet craps out again, resign into Overwatch rank down, fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom