• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmoon

Decided after like not playing this game since like June (lol yes), i'd come back for a run and see how it goes.

My first game with ana went pretty well despite loosing. Had to swap back to this small pc case, so mind the gpu temps :)

ZYIiWo4.jpg

Totally forgot I could put people into ResidentSleeper mode.

And the lack of nano assists, well, the zenyatta always countered my ult :p .

I feel like I should have had more damage as her (along lucio levels), but I never really prioritized it, or had the chance. Should I change this? I kinda liked healing only.

About to lose the point and the match.

D.Va zooms in and shoots from outside the area. How the hell do you get to rank 59 without even a hint of understanding about how this game works.

patchday

I feel sorry for the people who paid for Loot boxes. I didn't buy any and I think I've gotten every Olympic skin except for D.va and Mccree. I even got Nihon Genji twice.

why? If they can afford lots of loot boxes that probably means they have a lot of disposable income.

I havent purchased any myself btw

Salarians

About to lose the point and the match.

D.Va zooms in and shoots from outside the area. How the hell do you get to rank 59 without even a hint of understanding about how this game works.
I see this way too often, as well as people who seem to think you can win by abandoning the payload and trying to kill the defenders at their spawn point.

Look I'm a fan of the Genji-Mercy ship, but Mercys that try to heal me while I'm Genji are more of a burden and nuisance than anything else.

Please stop.

Beckx

lucio is ridiculous, haha. learning to play him in QP finally and it makes me feel bad about playing Mercy....11K healing, 5K damage, speed boosts, ult, etc. it's no contest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought people were just sick of his ult?

Seriously, let's just leave it at that, let's not over nerf him.

'keep nerfing genji until he stops killing me'
next week
'keep nerfing tracer until she stops killing me'

we should really steal the SFV's OT subtitle

Tingle

I thought people were just sick of his ult?

Seriously, let's just leave it at that, let's not over nerf him.

I'd be fine if they leave it alone, but in that case they need to fix the animation so it clearly shows where he is reflecting. It isn't fair to anybody for the hitboxes to be so misleading.

X-Frame

So I'm in the low 60's and just curious at what Skill Rating do teams start to utilize high ground a lot more?

Hollywood for example there are a lot of places for low mobility players and tanks to get high ground however I never see anyone do this in game, yet I see this all the time whenever I watch Twitch streamers in the 70's .. so I'm guessing the high 60's and 70's?

I mean really, who even noticed that hit box before they watched that video? I sure didn't. Hanzos needed to be nerfed because it was completely noticeable with the whole shot around a corner scenario. If no one noticed the deflect hitbox, odds are, it's probably not that big of an issue.

Hanzos hitbox was an issue and people noticed that right away. No one ever noticed Genjis till today, so...

Tingle

I mean really, who even noticed that hit box before they watched that video? I sure didn't. Hanzos needed to be nerfed because it was completely noticeable with the whole shot around a corner scenario. If no one noticed the deflect hitbox, odds are, it's probably not that big of an issue.

Hanzos hitbox was an issue and people noticed that right away. No one ever noticed Genjis till today, so...

I doubt its a huge issue, but if the hitbox is so blatantly off as depicted in the video, then correcting it or making a new animation seems appropriate. The reflect animation would make me think that shooting at Genji is supposed to reflect my shots, not just shooting in his general direction.

Its not a gamebreaker, but its certainly something worth fixing seeing how misleading the current animation is. They don't have to even nerf him to fix it, just make the animation clearer for fairness.

Is it an unintended issue though? I'm pretty sure they made his reflect roughly the size and shape of Rein's shield, it's just invisible.
I mean, if it's the size of Reins shield, then maybe nerf it :p
im pretty sure it's not actually that size. Right?

But seriously, the whole point is to not shoot anywhere near the deflect, this just encourages that.

Edit: yeah I don't see anything wrong with making the animation a bit bigger.

finalflame

Just don't shoot him while he's deflecting. Unless it's your first day playing the game, that should be easy.

Non-issue. His ult duration probably needs to be addressed, but only Blizzard has the numbers to know for sure.

Decided after like not playing this game since like June (lol yes), i'd come back for a run and see how it goes.

My first game with ana went pretty well despite loosing. Had to swap back to this small pc case, so mind the gpu temps :)

Totally forgot I could put people into ResidentSleeper mode.

And the lack of nano assists, well, the zenyatta always countered my ult :p .

I feel like I should have had more damage as her (along lucio levels), but I never really prioritized it, or had the chance. Should I change this? I kinda liked healing only.

Wait, is that actually Deadmau5 on the other team?

Started playing competitive again yesterday, when from rank 41 to 45. Feels good man. And maybe I'll get to 50 by the end of season 1 next week.
Hopefully I did not jinx myself lol.

cyborg009

Banned
2 loses in a row because of sudden death...I might wait til they patch it out to do comp again.

edit: got my first skin for summer games and its.........GENJI :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom