• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

I have a bit of a problem, I went to purchase 50 loot boxes on PSN and a "maintenance error" came up. So I tried again and it went through the second time. But to my demise, I have 100 loot boxes and have been charged twice.

Do you think I can get a refund? Can I even open 50 of the loot boxes or will that complicate things?

Can't believe it.

Beckx

people really need to experiment with more heroes. seeing so many people today who have a playstyle that doesn't fit the hero but won't switch

JddLEIa.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Pharah would be balanced if she got 900hp if the other team has a McCree, it's the only way to make her viable.

Today I was playing some Mercy and I was right in the middle of Hanzo's dragons and I literally lived with 1 HP and nobody shot at me so I survived and was able to regen health hahaha. I was shitting my pants.

Blasting Junkrat's tires with Pharah is my new guilty pleasure. It's such a nice "fuck you, stop being annoying."

Doing it with someone who has to be more accurate is even more pleasing. Doing it with Ana almost always makes me excited.

Prelude.

Doing it with someone who has to be more accurate is even more pleasing. Doing it with Ana almost always makes me excited.
Yeah, but the thing with Pharah is that they always try to kill her spamming bombs and mines her way. Like, stop it, you're not gonna hit me, get away.

Yeah, but the thing with Pharah is that they always try to kill her spamming bombs and mines her way. Like, stop it, you're not gonna hit me, get away.

Yeah.
Though honestly, doing anything remotely offensively competent as Ana is great. Whenever I sleep someone I feel like a champion because her sleep dart is so hard to hit for me, and whenever I get a kill I feel like I should use the teabag emote haha.

I think he's extremely good already, but I don't see any reason why he should gain back health. He can already ghost away if he needs to get more health.

Reaper is probably one of the best balanced heroes in the game. The fact he can sustain himself without having to run for health packs mitigates the fact that he's slow as shit and his only way of escape is a visible dash that is marginally faster.

LiK

Blasting Junkrat's tires with Pharah is my new guilty pleasure. It's such a nice "fuck you, stop being annoying."

Today I was playing some Mercy and I was right in the middle of Hanzo's dragons and I literally lived with 1 HP and nobody shot at me so I survived and was able to regen health hahaha. I was shitting my pants.

Fire Striking them with Reinhardt is so satisfying.

i can take it out with the Junkrat Concussion Mine. Always fun to save my team with it.

Prelude.

I think he's extremely good already, but I don't see any reason why he should gain back health. He can already ghost away if he needs to get more health.
Him being a close range character means he's gonna get damaged a lot more compared to the other dps, so if he commits to the fight he can have some form of self-sustain, if things aren't looking good then that's what wraithform is for.

Blues1990

i can take it out with the Junkrat Concussion Mine. Always fun to save my team with it.

Speaking of which, what are the best tips for using Junkrat? I got his Court Jester skin, so it's given me the inititive to learn what he's all about. He's such a strange, wonderful bundle of wiry muscle and explosives, but aside from keeping the high ground and being mindful of my surroundings, I'm finding that I don't know how to use his Steel Trap effectively.

AngryMoth

I hate getting PotG with Genji because it's painfully obvious when I activate his ult that I just panic and spam without much idea of what I'm doing lol

LiK

Speaking of which, what are the best tips for using Junkrat? I got his Court Jester skin, so it's given me the inititive to learn what he's all about. He's such a strange, wonderful bundle of wiry muscle and explosives, but aside from keeping the high ground and being mindful of my surroundings, I'm finding that I don't know how to use his Steel Trap effectively.

I play him pretty aggressively and get into the fray often altho I also try to stay away when necessary. Basically, learn to spam grenades but in an intelligent way that helps soften or kill enemies. He's great for keeping enemies at bay from your team and make them scatter. His trap is great in stopping flankers in certain paths or you can just drop it near you and it will almost always trap someone in it for easy kills by you or your team. It's super effective against fast characters like Tracer and Genji and in particular Lucio. Also it's great way to stop crazy tanks like Rein and Winston. The trap saved more lives than I remember. And the Mine is perfect additional weapon you can use offensively. I rarely use it with my trap. It's almost always like a secondary weapon to me so I can blow up dudes with it.

Strider

tbh I wish OW had separate threads for PC and console. I seriously have no idea most of the time if people are talking about console, PC or are just trolling when it comes to hero balance discussion.

--

Anyway for Reaper I think he's solid at higher tiers or in groups but I think he's great at lower tiers or when solo queuing. He has great survivability which is crucial when you can't rely on teammates.

Generally speaking when I solo queue comp I use heroes that are self sufficient. Heroes such as Reaper, Roadhog, or Soldier...

Trap is great to, well, trap flanking routes and commonly used health packs. One thing I really love to do is if I play against a team with a Symmetra, and I find her teleporter, I plop down a trap at its exit, lay a mine down, and the second I notice the trap triggering, I blow up the person coming out of the porter and the porter. 8D

Ramirez

tbh I wish OW had separate threads for PC and console. I seriously have no idea most of the time if people are talking about console, PC or are just trolling when it comes to hero balance discussion.

--

Anyway for Reaper I think he's solid at higher tiers or in groups but I think he's great at lower tiers or when solo queuing. He has great survivability which is crucial when you can't rely on teammates.

Generally speaking when I solo queue comp I use heroes that are self sufficient. Heroes such as Reaper, Roadhog, or Soldier...

I've been asking for seperate communities since the beta thread!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm watching Shadder2k stream placement matches on his smurf and all I can think about is "Next season, these could be YOUR teams."

Not like this.

Owzers

Just sent a Friedan request

Theslightconfuse

i shall friend you too as Owzers, i need a few more friends especially competitive.

Having said that, do not hold this against me:

I played one comp match solo with randoms today as i do shy away from comp, Illios map, and the first round i had zero kills with Reaper. Zero. In theory someone should have walked in front of my shotgun and had at least one accidental kill, didn't even finish off a winston. I admitted i was playing horribly and someone came on their mic one time only to request i switch off Roadhog ( who i went late in round 1 out of desperation) and play Reinhardt, i do and we win the next three rounds. I played pretty well with Rein those games but my team was fairly good and i wasn't holding them back with my Reaper aim fails.

I-hate-u

As a Pharah main, I would love to see her buffed. She is not bad by any means, but when Mecree got buffed he effectively killed her and Soldier 76 usage. If they are going to leave Mecree as he is, then those two should get something to make them better. Zen is another problem for her, but will get nerfed. Though that doesn't matter because I suspect Ana will see more pick up, who also can shut Pharah down to a degree.

All that being said, defense characters should be prioritized in terms of balance.

Anne

I'm watching Shadder2k stream placement matches on his smurf and all I can think about is "Next season, these could be YOUR teams."

Not like this.

Nah, hidden MMR + last season's SR should weigh into it if they do it like other games.

Laputa_94

Play for the first match of the day. Defending, first to pick a character then slowly realize the rest of the team decides we don't need a healer, get asses kicked. I'm done with Solo queue.

mellow

so weird, had a good session of comp earlier but in one game we had some dude who was ranked in the top 500 go torbjorn on gibraltar offense and just troll by running around doing nothing else but feeding the enemy team on purpose, basically erased the two hours i previously spent ranking up..sigh

Got my third legendary summer games skin, and its the same dupe again. Talk about getting the ass end of the RNG. The odds of this happening must be staggering.

mellow

i've been insanely lucky with this summer event, gotten basically every skin besides mercy's in 27 lootboxes, I got 3 legendaries within 2 boxes earlier. What I really want are some of those National player icons though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom