• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

giphy.gif

lmao

This is a completely different discussion but I feel like some characters get "on fire" much easier than others just by nature of their kit. It's not a huge priority for me to whine about it and see it adjusted but it seems easy as pie to be on fire with Zenyatta while Mercy and some others I have noticed are much harder to stay on fire with.

Oh definitely.

Zenyatta is always doing 3 things at the same time. He's healing, Debuffing, and damaging. So he's taking in up to 3 forms of Fire points at once. Mercy can only do one of these things at a time, so while she might get larger chunks, she's also likely to get spurts of nothing for longer periods.

duckroll

This is a completely different discussion but I feel like some characters get "on fire" much easier than others just by nature of their kit. It's not a huge priority for me to whine about it and see it adjusted but it seems easy as pie to be on fire with Zenyatta while Mercy and some others I have noticed are much harder to stay on fire with.

It's easy for all healers and tanks to be on fire and remain on fire in a match that is going well for the team. It is harder for flanking characters who by nature stay away from the payload and away from the rest of the team.

It's easy for all healers and tanks to be on fire and remain on fire in a match that is going well for the team. It is harder for flanking characters who by nature stay away from the payload and away from the rest of the team.

Seems really easy for characters who can abuse environmental kills, or have abilities with 1HKOs to get on fire, though.

Like, Pharah and Lucio can knock people off maps super easy and get on fire because of it. Map permitting.

Roadhog is going to 1HKO anything he hooks with 200 or less HP. So that's usually a full 100 fire points. He can also use snap environmental kills on occasion.

McCree's flashbang with FtH gets can net him some solo kills for a full 100 fire pts.

So on and so forth.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seems really easy for characters who can abuse environmental kills, or have abilities with 1HKOs to get on fire, though.

Like, Pharah and Lucio can knock people off maps super easy and get on fire because of it. Map permitting.

Roadhog is going to 1HKO anything he hooks with 200 or less HP. So that's usually a full 100 fire points. He can also use snap environmental kills on occasion.

McCree's flashbang with FtH gets can net him some solo kills for a full 100 fire pts.

So on and so forth.

Roadhog also builds a ton with his self heal. I'm on fire with him and Lucio the most by a longshot.

Bollocks

The fuck? It's still not out on PS4? Messaged my buddy in the morning to get some placement matches in in the evening, guess that's cancelled.

Anne

I played one genji game today and won so I dunno man, I don't think he's nerfed too badly based on this.

I don't think he's bad, I just think he's weak enough that you can't get that hard carry on in upper levels. Def gonna be better options for that.

duckroll

So on and so forth.

But what about momentum? Lucio is definitely a prime candidate for an easy on fire character but it's not because he can push people off, it's because he stays on the point, heals everyone in range, and gets free kills just by tagging anyone who attacks the point while supporting his team. So once he gets on fire, he stays on fire. Even if he dies, unless the entire team is wiped, he's back into action quick and doing all of the above again, and stays on fire.

Pharah doesn't benefit the team by standing on the point or payload. She has to be out there in the sky flanking enemies or watching for their approach so she can strike from where they don't see her. All that is time being contributed to losing fire points while not gaining any until the action starts. She's actually one of the characters I consider hardest to stay on fire.

Same with Roadhog. He might easily get on fire by killing people, but he's also an easy target to get killed because he puts himself out there and is often the first to be killed if he's actually causing any damage. He's also slow, and for his hook to be effective he has to flank, which means going off point. Compare this with Reinhardt standing on the point blocking for his team. As long as he stays alive, he has to do very little that puts himself in harm's way to stay on fire.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think he's bad, I just think he's weak enough that you can't get that hard carry on in upper levels. Def gonna be better options for that.

I'm being facetious. :p

Shadowburn definitely looked like he wasn't the monster he could be.

duckroll

Wait why are we even having a discussion about being on fire? Like, the mechanic does nothing in the game lol. Why did I type all that?!

I find that if I can get one good ult with Pharah I can stay on fire for a fair amount of time as long as I can keep an ok stream of eliminations coming in.

LiK

Being on fire with Soldier is the easiest, imo.

I had a 6 stack all arranged for a bunch of placement games tonight, and then pretty much everyone bailed out. Now everyone who is in a game in my Bnet friend list is playing WoW. I hate life.

:/

Wait why are we even having a discussion about being on fire? Like, the mechanic does nothing in the game lol. Why did I type all that?!

Ehh, it's worth noting if you glance at the scoreboard.

If you're going to counterpick an enemy hero, maybe seeing who is on fire on the enemy team should play into the decision?

studyguy

Man the final push chokepoint on the new map with the two side doors and one above the giant door that closes can be rough as hell if the payload is not moved out immediately as attackers. The right side is one big sniper tunnel, the left side is super tight. Otherwise really like that map but man that spot is tough if you have no momentum.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I somehow ran into 4 people who are widow mains.

On both sides.

That was the dumbest match I've ever played. The keep talking about wanting to 1v1.

It was fun hitting them in the head with icicles though.

Fucking sniper mains.

duckroll

That feel when you're getting your ass kicked, and you check the scoreboard only to see your team dead and the enemy team entirely on fire. :)

Man the final push chokepoint on the new map with the two side doors and one above the giant door that closes can be rough as hell if the payload is not moved out immediately as attackers. The right side is one big sniper tunnel, the left side is super tight. Otherwise really like that map but man that spot is tough if you have no momentum.
yup, if you don't push it far enough past the door it is incredibly difficult to recover (imo)

Joy, the patch is finally on its way to PS4, time to shift my Shimada salt from one brother to the other.

I somehow ran into 4 people who are widow mains.

On both sides.

That was the dumbest match I've ever played. The keep talking about wanting to 1v1.

It was fun hitting them in the head with icicles though.

Fucking sniper mains.

All these sniper mains been watching too much Enemy at the Gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom