• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting a few days. Get used to the changes and letting people who leave go back to quick play.
Yeah, I'm gonna spend a good while playing the new map figuring out all the lanes, where the health packs are, etc.

I don't want to play this map in comp and have no idea what I'm doing lol

Yeah, I'm gonna spend a good while playing the new map figuring out all the lanes, where the health packs are, etc.

I don't to play this map in comp and have no idea what I'm doing lol

This is probably a good idea. Played one match there yesterday and won, but I had no idea where anything was.

wamberz1

Start game, play eichenwalde, everything running fine. cool.
Start first comp game EVER, super nervous.
everything ok until gates open, framerate drops to like 15, game crashes. I relaunch we lose the first round, everyone hates me. Things going well so far.
Pull out my winston and crush them.

Anyways, is this a thing for anyone else? in QP my FR is fine, but the moment I play comp it shits the bed.

LiK

Whoever joins the train better not pick Junkrat. That's my main and I would just like to win and get the placement over with. If you fight me, I'm out.

xaosslug

Alright Ps4 placement match train who's in?

how many passengers? I know some don't like a full group, but I'm in if there's room (for a D.Va?). A couple of the peeps I run with have said vehemently they're not doing comp w/ peeps w/o mic over chat... IDK if that includes me specifically, but I assume so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But what about momentum? Lucio is definitely a prime candidate for an easy on fire character but it's not because he can push people off, it's because he stays on the point, heals everyone in range, and gets free kills just by tagging anyone who attacks the point while supporting his team. So once he gets on fire, he stays on fire. Even if he dies, unless the entire team is wiped, he's back into action quick and doing all of the above again, and stays on fire.

Pharah doesn't benefit the team by standing on the point or payload. She has to be out there in the sky flanking enemies or watching for their approach so she can strike from where they don't see her. All that is time being contributed to losing fire points while not gaining any until the action starts. She's actually one of the characters I consider hardest to stay on fire.

Same with Roadhog. He might easily get on fire by killing people, but he's also an easy target to get killed because he puts himself out there and is often the first to be killed if he's actually causing any damage. He's also slow, and for his hook to be effective he has to flank, which means going off point. Compare this with Reinhardt standing on the point blocking for his team. As long as he stays alive, he has to do very little that puts himself in harm's way to stay on fire.

Funny enough, while this conversation was going on, I think I just had the best round of Pharah, ever. Which basically has me on fire from about the 4 second mark onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMVK0vZbyE

Edit: Should be up any second.

how many passengers? I know some don't like a full group, but I'm in if there's room (for a D.Va?). A couple of the peeps I run with have said vehemently they're not doing comp w/ peeps w/o mic over chat... IDK if that includes me specifically, but I assume so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not?

Isn't it better than having the probability of getting stuck with randoms that may leave in the middle of the game?

Yesterday I had my first match with GAF members and it was really cool. Always double support, so awesome.

Skii

I'm probably not going to do placement matches until next week. Definitely going to play the new map tonight (providing my internet isn't horrible).

Beckx

Why not?

Isn't it better than having the probability of getting stuck with randoms that may leave in the middle of the game?

Yesterday I had my first match with GAF members and it was really cool. Always double support, so awesome.

because of the chance of being consistently matched against a full group, potentially a full group of high level coordinated players.

Jellie

Why not?

Getting put up against a 6 man group who have played since day one together and are coordinated is more likely

xaosslug

Why not?

better luck w/ 2-3 peeps because then you won't face a full team

Fuck Hanzo still.

Such a dumb fucking hero. Shoots slightly smaller cruise missile sized arrows that travel at fucking lightspeed and oh yeah, he has the mobility of an F-22 Raptor

A fucking F-22 that shoots infinite cruise missiles.

Fuck.

Rad-

Why not?

When you play with a full group you have a higher chance of facing really good coordinated teams. You also get more rank points with a smaller group.

I don't really mind though. I prefer duos or trios but I'm up for big groups as well.

because of the chance of being consistently matched against a full group, potentially a full group of high level coordinated players.

Getting put up against a 6 man group who have played since day one together and are coordinated is more likely

better luck w/ 2-3 peeps because then you won't face a full team

When you play with a full group you have a higher chance of facing really good coordinated teams. You also get more rank points with a smaller group.

I don't really mind though. I prefer duos or trios but I'm up for big groups as well.

Oh ok, didn't thought of that.

I don't really know how groups work in this game, but how can you limit the number of players?

Yesterday I choosed one friend of my list (I think it was undignify) and picked the option "join group" and I was put together with a whole team.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone confirm if you can play with unranked friends in competitive if you already have your rank? As in can you play their placement matches with them even if you're in say, Diamond?

Can anyone confirm if you can play with unranked friends in competitive if you already have your rank? As in can you play their placement matches with them even if you're in say, Diamond?

I grouped up with an unplaced friend in season 1 and did all her placement matches with her, so unless they changed something between seasons it should be possible.

R0ckman

Genji: Group up with me!

*Team groups up outside point*

*No warning* Genji: The DRAGON BECOMES ME! URGH!

*Dies instantly*

Folks, the group up feature in solo queue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom