• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

There's been some weird data changes. Apparently Blizzard's data no longer includes defeats? All of my quick rankings dropped like 60%, for whatever reason.

So now you're ranked on how you perform when you're winning? i.e steamrolling lol.

That's annoying. I was making good progress for Reaper and now my current quick rank just feels hollow.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So first, you were using Shadder as example of why Genji is still good.

But when he says otherwise, he's a drama queen? Lol, I can't take you seriously anymore.

And if you don't want me misunderstanding your posts, maybe make it more obvious that you were pointing that out to Shadder and not me because it looked like that was aimed at me.

Yeah and? shadder is still a good Genji but now he's a drama queen.

Ehm no, if you would read my posts more carefully you would see that was directed to shadder.

He said "the new Genji combo is to press H to switch to another hero" not you.

sony cert atm
eLw7m.gif

So why people obsess over numbers on Overbuff?

Numbers are fun. Some of us just like statistics.

Stats sites are broken because Blizzard did something on their end with the latest patch.

God, I wonder how much of this Genji nerf lies at the feet of people not being able to hit him on console, in part because of a bug...

Blizzard, please put the jump reset back in.

Oh it was terrible. It's probably one of the main reasons for so many "nerf genji" complaints without people actually realizing why.

So now you're ranked on how you perform when you're winning? i.e steamrolling lol.

That's annoying. I was making good progress for Reaper and now my current quick rank just feels hollow.
No, it's just broken broken, especially on Master Overwatch. My lifetime QP 2.38 E:D used to put me in the top 10-15%. Now it puts me in the top 99%.

Also, you can make "good progress" on any hero by simply playing them. Quick Ranking is in part calculated by cumulative performance — i.e., counting stats, not rate stats. You can be a really bad Reaper, maybe even the world's worst, but if you simply play longer than anyone else, you will steadily climb Overbuff's Quick Ranking.

Yeah and? shadder is still a good Genji but now he's a drama queen.

Ehm no, if you would read my posts more carefully you would see that was directed to shadder.

He said "the new Genji combo is to press H to switch to another hero" not you.
What I'm saying, is using the best Genji in the world to show that Genji is fine is really not the way to show that a character is fine.

And yes, that was Shadders line, but I also said "I wouldn't say it's not a big deal" so the drama queen could've been aimed towards me.

And if he is still good with Genji and is still calling him a bad hero, I don't think he's being a drama queen. He knows Genji better than anyone and to be honest, if he says Genji is not worth using, he's probably right. Like, he still wrecks face with Genji, but still says he sucks.

Skii

Post these changes I've gone from top 75% Genji to top 90%, and top 65% Zarya to top 80% lol (my mains).

Same thing happened with my Genji. My stats really aren't that good lol. I think at the moment that I was averaging 18-20 kills with 5-7 deaths per game. No way I'm top 10% Genji and I'm definitely not going to maintain that with the nerfs as I'd always triple jump to evade fire/get to different places.

Yh when you go on masteroverwatch it says this:

Regarding Missing Stats 9 hours ago

The number of lost games has been removed from Blizzard's data in Quickplay. For now you will only see how many games you've won. We'll let you know when we find out more.

I usually use masteroverwatch to check where I can improve with certain heroes, but a lot of people here seem to quote overbuff so I figured that's better anyways.

regardless of the other nerfs I definitely agree that Genji dashing should get caught by junkrat's trap. a damn ulting zen will get caught by it, mercy flying over it will get caught by it... there was no reason for him to be any different.

Like, getting rid of losses makes no sense. You can have a really good game and still lose. You can have a really bad game and still win. Data is not very reliable when we don't have all the data.

^^ well, no one cares about the trap nerf, it's the other nerfs that people care about. I think everyone would agree that he should get caught in traps.

LiK

regardless of the other nerfs I definitely agree that Genji dashing should get caught by junkrat's trap. a damn ulting zen will get caught by it, mercy flying over it will get caught by it... there was no reason for him to be any different.

it's my favorite thing about his nerf. had to many 1v1 against Genjis where he would just dash through my traps.

Yh but genjis a technologically-advanced cyborg.

Owzers

I hope to get some ps4 overwatching season two tonight, otherwise more Uncharted 4.

It's been a long time since i've flown around as Mercy. I've been playing too much Lucio as a support lately.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What I'm saying, is using the best Genji in the world to show that Genji is fine is really not the way to show that a character is fine.

And yes, that was Shadders line, but I also said "I wouldn't say it's not a big deal" so the drama queen could've been aimed towards me.

And if he is still good with Genji and is still calling him a bad hero, I don't think he's being a drama queen. He knows Genji better than anyone and to be honest, if he says Genji is not worth using, he's probably right. Like, he still wrecks face with Genji, but still says he sucks.

You can't even listen to shadder because all he plays is Genji.

So he doesn't even know how other characters feel compared to Genji.

If he would play more heroes he would see that Genji nerf wasn't too bad because for example right now McCree's ult is a freakin joke.

He lights up like a christmas tree, is loud as hell so even the neighbours would hear his "ITS HIGH NOON", his skull lock is way too slow because as soon as people hear his high noon they immediately trigger their ult or hide behind a wall. With the new patch they made it even worse, previously if you trigger his ult and don't shoot and let the timer run out the ult stays at 50% but now it starts from 0%... this + the points i said makes it one of the worst ults in the game right now.

It's a distinct possibility. I'll laugh if Genji Lucio and Pharah players are all, "Yo, WTF, why am I dying so much?" After this patch.

They were the 3 characters I played most in the last season so I'm curious to see if there's gonna be a significant difference
hope not

I went from "top 89%" Genji to top 30%. And "top 91%" Zarya to top 33%.

So my 3.26 E:D Zarya with >67% winrate is in the bottom third of all players now. :D

Wait, going from top 91% to to 33% sounds like a huge improvement.

You're saying you ha da 3.26 E/D ratio and you were only at top 91%? That means there were only 9% of players worse than you. Basically, it was saying you were terrible.

Top 33% means you are better than 67% of the population. So a huge boost.

You're saying you ha da 3.26 E/D ratio and you were only at top 91%? That means there were only 9% of players worse than you. Basically, it was saying you were terrible.

It's the other way around, I just wrote it funny. Basically, I was in the 91st percentile before, and now I'm in the 33rd.

I'm assuming he means 91st percentile, which would mean top 9% and he went down to 33rd percentile, meaning he's only in the top 67%. That's how overbuff does it.

I could be wrong though, but it seems like that's what he's trying to say.

Same thing happened with my Genji. My stats really aren't that good lol. I think at the moment that I was averaging 18-20 kills with 5-7 deaths per game. No way I'm top 10% Genji and I'm definitely not going to maintain that with the nerfs as I'd always triple jump to evade fire/get to different places.

Well my bro actually plays genji more than me (we share accounts lol), he's gonna give it a shot post nerf and see what it's like as he's got pretty good with him, e/d is 3.5 and win ratio is 65%, and that's largely solo play.

I went from "top 89%" Genji to top 30%. And "top 91%" Zarya to top 33%.

So my 3.26 E:D Zarya with >67% winrate is in the bottom third of all players now. :D

Yh the changes don't make much sense then as although my zarya ED is the same my win % is only at 60%

I'm assuming he means 91st percentile, which would mean top 9% and he went down to 33rd percentile, meaning he's only in the top 67%. That's how overbuff does it.

I could be wrong though, but it seems like that's what he's trying to say.

Yh he means percentile, overbuff has it so it's displayed as a %, but only when you hover over it do you see that it's percentile.

*sorry dp*

4 gold medals earned.

Everyone votes for rein who blocked 9k damage.

Nobody appreciates the mei. :(

What character?

I had a game like that this morning.

Attacking on Dorado. We won. I was Bastion with 4 Gold medals (everything but healing basically).

Everyone votes for the Genji who had the PotG and a card that had 800dmg reflected. Meanwhile I'm rolling with with like 38% of the team's damage...

What character?

Attacking on Dorado. We won. I was Bastion with 4 Gold medals (everything but healing basically).

Everyone votes for the Genji who had the PotG and a card that had 800dmg reflected. Meanwhile I'm rolling with with like 38% of the team's damage...

Wait you didn't get POTG as a bastion.

Blues1990

What character?

It happens, man. I had been doing a lot to make sure my team stays alive as Zarya, but I honestly don't care if they don't vote for me. I'm happy to win, along with having fun, and that's all that matters to me.

ekim

What character?

I know that feel. Nobody compliments the Gold-farming McCree or Soldier.

LiK

i don't care about getting votes even tho it's nice to be acknowledged. i'd rather have a good PotG to show off.

Yh when you go on masteroverwatch it says this:

Regarding Missing Stats 9 hours ago

The number of lost games has been removed from Blizzard's data in Quickplay. For now you will only see how many games you've won. We'll let you know when we find out more.

I usually use masteroverwatch to check where I can improve with certain heroes, but a lot of people here seem to quote overbuff so I figured that's better anyways.

That's super dumb. I like knowing my win rate and which heroes I need to improve with. I mean, if they're still tracking wins as well as total games played, it's not like we can't figure out the losses anyway.

Like, getting rid of losses makes no sense. You can have a really good game and still lose. You can have a really bad game and still win. Data is not very reliable when we don't have all the data.

I'm assuming they're not getting rid of all the data from lost games, just that there isn't a tracker specifically for losses as a whole. If only victories count towards your overall stats, that's even dumber.

Wait you didn't get POTG as a bastion.

Nah, because nowadays cleaning up as Bastion isn't easy. Like, I can do about 60-80% damage to any character, but landing the killing shot is usually hard to get. I need teammates playing cleanup basically.

Except for Roadhogs and Winstons, those guys just sit there and take it.

i don't care about getting votes even tho it's nice to be acknowledged. i'd rather have a good PotG to show off.

I wish stat sites tracked how ofter we got a play of the game the same way they track how often we get post game cards.

DevilDog

There is no reason for junkrat traps to exist at all. Same as his martydom. It was't fun in COD 4 it still isn't fun now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What character?

Mei.

Though the game with the same group I got a card of 40% healed with ana that had 7 votes so that's pretty good.

Helps that the potg was a nanoboosted genji with him finishing off a rein that I put to sleep. :p

TrueBlue

PoTG is awesome when you win, feels hollow if you lose.

At least if you get votes on a losing team, you don't feel as if you were the load.

LiK

Junk rat traps are about the only reliable counter for tracer and Genji. They very much belong.

also great against annoying speed amped Lucios.
McCree says hi.

I like Junkrat and his kit, though. I just got kinda burned out on him at launch. He's not as entertaining to play as others, even though you can churn out damage.

Junkrat is always fun to play especially if you're super aggressive with him and jump into the fray.

Just putting it out there again. My B.Net name is Banko#2900 on EU servers. If you ever wanna play comp, just add me. I got like 300 hours on PS4, hehe.

There is no reason for junkrat traps to exist at all. Same as his martydom. It was't fun in COD 4 it still isn't fun now.
This Martydom is different than COD Martydom though. In COD, you had no idea if someone was going to drop a grenade or not, and at was why it sucked. At least in this game, you know who has it, and it's much easier to prepare for.

The chances of getting killed by Junks martydom once you've been playing for awhile are like 1/100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom