• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Got placed in Gold after 4 wins and 5 losses. Pretty close to Platinum now, though.

EDIT: Huh, Master Overwatch and Overbuff count draws as losses.

tw1164

I get out of work early and I'm excited to play, but it looks like bnet is down :

Edit: of course it works right after I post about it

Skii

Man the new map is so fucking good. But I think Mercy is broken. I dont know what they did but she's getting ultimates every 30 seconds it seems like. We literally cleared the final point 3 times and Mercy would always return from spawn and revive everyone last second.

xaosslug

Brawl finds games quickly because the parameters are looser, as far as I know. It gives up on trying to find an optimal MMR matchup faster.

really? It took about the same time as a regular match to find games in the prior girl power Brawl. Used to be in skrim for 2-3 mins sometimes. It hasn't gone to skrim at all for me yet on this one.

Is anyone else saving their credits? I'm tempted to buy Dvas Game On emote, but I can't tell whether it's because it's expensive or if it's because I actually want it lol

xaosslug

The face of evil has returned :)

'returned'? She's been around. But now she's on steroids.
VEx1noo.gif

Played 3 rounds of the new map. Still having a hard time getting my head around it.

First time we attacked we had a hard time after the first payload checkpoint. After the big door closed again, we couldn't get into the castle. The enemy team had the chokepoints held down like crazy with a Rein, Zarya and DVa. With a Mercy rezzing as soon as we finally got one.

Plum

Just had a match where we had a DVA and a Winston and NEITHER of them were even attempting to kill the Hanzo who was just decimating us squishies (I was Lucio our only healer). The entire match was the Hanzo just using his ult over and over killing the tanks almost every time. Oh, and if you play Mercy, press TAB or your console equivalent and check to see if people have ultimates and STOP trying for that sick 3-person res for crying out loud. Bad healers and tanks are terrible for an unorganized team.

I did not miss that placement match frustration.

xaosslug

a Rein in every match so far, all w/ the new armor and none of them particularly good! LOL

Played 3 rounds of the new map. Still having a hard time getting my head around it.

First time we attacked we had a hard time after the first payload checkpoint. After the big door closed again, we couldn't get into the castle. The enemy team had the chokepoints held down like crazy with a Rein, Zarya and DVa. With a Mercy rezzing as soon as we finally got one.

yeah, lost 2 in a row on attack & defence, and then won 2 in a row . LOL

So I just got placed gold with 2395 points, so I guess I'm not a bad player? Yei!

Also, the changes made to Mercy are brutal and I love them.

Just had a match where we had a DVA and a Winston and NEITHER of them were even attempting to kill the Hanzo who was just decimating us squishies (I was Lucio our only healer). The entire match was the Hanzo just using his ult over and over killing the tanks almost every time. Oh, and if you play Mercy, press TAB or your console equivalent and check to see if people have ultimates and STOP trying for that sick 3-person res for crying out loud. Bad healers and tanks are terrible for an unorganized team.

I did not miss that placement match frustration.
Is there a tab equivalents on PS4? o_O

MaKTaiL

There are two new options on PS4 version to limit tick rate for sending and recieving information. Does anybody knows exactly what it does?

skny

The new map is amazing except it's heavily defense sided. Especially that choke point after the castle door closes.

Owzers

i'm probably going to skip comp tonight in favor of lowering sensitivity and trying Mccree out on the Brawl new map. Last time i played Mccree....it was bad.

I'm going to wait for a few days before I jump back into comp. I figure the hardcore audience is going to hit it harder in the first couple of days.

Danj

Is it just me or did they reset career best stats? As I've been getting a shedload of career bests today, but I didn't think I was doing that well.

Is it just me or did they reset career best stats? As I've been getting a shedload of career bests today, but I didn't think I was doing that well.

Yes, but it's not reset. You can go into your options and look at your career bests for season 1, season 2, or quickplay.

This hurts really badly since I was placed in 3100 in PTR, but, whatever, I'll just climb back up.

I'd like to thank teammates like a level 320 Zarya who refused to play because we didn't have a meta setup, and matchmaking being damn sure I get placed in matches where it's randoms vs groups.

Currently 3-3-1 in placements, playing Soldier with a little bit of Reaper thrown in. I had gold for eliminations, gold or silver objective eliminations, and gold or silver for damage in literally every match. So I feel like I have a much better handle on the mechanics than I used to. I just need to figure out what I'm missing to put my team over the edge. I'm clearly doing my part on the DPS front, but I probably could do a better job of coordinating. And I'm really bad at getting value out of Soldier's ult, other than when I'm able to make supports blow theirs in response.

Skii

How did Hanzo and Mei come out of PTR like this? Hahahahaha

I haven't touched Hanzo in 3 months and Just went 20-4 and 16-4 in steam roll games. And our Mei ruined them each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom