• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Mei is so fucking ridiculous right now, I love it.

Just throw your ult for a free point wipe.

I find it difficult for Mei, hatred for her has become a meme so she is usually focused down much faster than even Mercy or about the same and can never get an effective ult off before dying or if she gets it off she dies. The best thing to do is toss it on the point and hope your team profits.

Squire

Banned
The new map is amazing except it's heavily defense sided. Especially that choke point after the castle door closes.

I mean, that's the case for most if not all payload maps.

Eichenwalde is a block of Swiss cheese though. Even that chokepoing is better than what you get on most maps.

As an Ana player, before I just see mei and just regular shoot shots.

Now she's priority sleep dart like a few other heroes. Need to shut her down before that ult comes out.

Nephix

Lost 3 placement matches in a row, two because of leavers and the last one because Guy A said Guy B is a scrub so Guy B decided to AFK.
Low 1000s rating here we go...

Fun fact: I got ~3200 rating on PTR after placement matches so it'll be interesting to see how much I lose because of random idiots. :/
Sigh.

R0ckman

Lost 3 placement matches in a row, two because of leavers and the last one because Guy A said Guy B is a scrub so Guy B decided to AFK.
Low 1000s rating here we go...

Fun fact: I got ~3200 rating on PTR after placement matches so it'll be interesting to see how much I lose because of random idiots. :/
Sigh.

Why are GAF members soloing? There is a discord to ask for players.

R0ckman

Also placement matches are wild card games where you play others that need placements and mediocre to new players. I'm not sure why they don't do QP MMR, is ot that hard?

Crzy1

Try to not shame myself in front of the community too much, but I may have to give it a try, the placement matches I suffered through yesterday were not good. Imagine I'm going to end up in silver to start, but I have 3 matches to finish.

R0ckman

Huh, I didn't know about that. Is it mainly PC players? I'm playing on PS4 and rarely see any groups online from my friends list. Any way I could get an invite to the discord?

Its mainly PC but I think there is a subsection for asking for PS4 games.

You guys slow me down.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You can actually aim on ps4 now

it's a miracle

:0
What changed?

Also, there's something good on Mei's buff... that Blizz is gonna nerf her on the next patch and never touch her again!

snack

Oh you're talking about rank points? Thought you were talking about comp points lol.

Rank points vary, win or lose, it's different for everyone.
Sorry I confused the whole board. Lmao I was referring to rank points. At first I was like whatttt, 10 points for a win. Itll take forever to get up a skill rank hahaha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How did Hanzo and Mei come out of PTR like this? Hahahahaha

I haven't touched Hanzo in 3 months and Just went 20-4 and 16-4 in steam roll games. And our Mei ruined them each time.

They both needed the buffs. Hanzo even got a slight nerf before going live.

Don't know why people get so salty about Hanzo killing them but Junk spam never seems to get the same reaction.

Not at home sadly. I did say you were the better tracer though.
Had a shit game right after that. tanked my K/D I'm sure.

3-3 in placement so far. Twice we got matched against the same team with at least one S1 top 500 guy, and probably more. I feel like I'm playing pretty well overall. Wonder how much going against other teams of 6 will hurt when I get placed.

Redmoon

There are two new options on PS4 version to limit tick rate for sending and recieving information. Does anybody knows exactly what it does?

Not on ps4 but,
Let's you set the limit of the games tick rate, update speed of the games network code, incase your internet can't handle the bandwidth needed for 63 tick.

Though I heard the game will also do this automatically too with this update.

They both needed the buffs. Hanzo even got a slight nerf before going live.

Don't know why people get so salty about Hanzo killing them but Junk spam never seems to get the same reaction.

It's slower and didn't instantly kill you.

Plus junkrat has a very audible "plunk" noise when he fires that tells you to watch out for random grenades.

Hanzo's shot is near silent, and can 1HKO you on accident (as in, he wasn't even aiming at you, but missed his other target and happened to pop you instead).

To any GAFers inviting me to play on PS4 - I'm just ducking around a bit in the brawl on Eichenwaldeand QP. Don't really want to jump into competitive yet and also I promised my friend I would place with her and she's on vacation, so no comp yet.

Jellie

Had a shit game right after that. tanked my K/D I'm sure.

3-3 in placement so far. Twice we got matched against the same team with at least one S1 top 500 guy, and probably more. I feel like I'm playing pretty well overall. Wonder how much going against other teams of 6 will hurt when I get placed.
I might just use zarya for placements. If you are against top 500s you're doing something right.
it also has explosion radius and can completely control a point as well as defending better against a flanker and has a free instagib cooldown that takes even less aim than scatter arrow
Junkrat can be avoided or attacked from distance but hanzo can just luckily headshot you or SA.

I might just use zarya for placements. If you are against top 500s you're doing something right..
We utterly dominated our first two games so I guess the game decided we were ready to try against the big boys (which we weren't) but I'm hoping the algorithm is good enough to notice how good the people you beat and lost to are and rank you appropriately.

Think I'll finish my placements with a group of just two or three.

Tovarisc

Being in hero selection / swap screen now block Mercy from ressing you? I was on top of friendly Hog as he died. I had ulti up as Mercy and 2 in range. I pop resurrection. 1 out of 2 rises, Hog stays dead. Hog had plenty left in res window.

Then spawns as different hero.

wot?

Jellie

We utterly dominated our first two games so I guess the game decided we were ready to try against the big boys (which we weren't) but I'm hoping the algorithm is good enough to notice how good the people you beat and lost to are and rank you appropriately.

Think I'll finish my placements with a group of just two or three.
Did you face any meis? Does her new projectile hit box make it hard for tracer?
I'll be doing mine in two or three.

LiK

Fucking tryhard full group in Weekly Brawl all with gold weapons. Dudes can't even let me enjoy the map outside of Comp.

R0ckman

it also has explosion radius and can completely control a point as well as defending better against a flanker and has a free instagib cooldown that takes even less aim than scatter arrow

He's slow (but his jump is janky so most just jump to get away), its free Zarya energy I run in like a madman (or in this case woman) and throw my barrier up.

Tovarisc

Fucking tryhard full group in Weekly Brawl all with gold weapons. Dudes can't even let me enjoy the map outside of Comp.

Only if you needed to tryhard for those, just grind ranked until dead inside.

Also holy shit I didn't miss this part of OW, people unable to swap heroes or understand what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom