• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man i win matches so much easier when teamates are friendly and use the chat wheel. Its almsot like juju i dont think ive lost a comp match where my team were friendly.

How did they calculate that season 1 rankings were tiered that way in comparison to season 2? Or is this something from Blizzard?

The reason I'm asking this is that I thought 2000-3000 were the 50s. And that Grandmaster was 70-80. I don't think there were many 80+ last season so 80-100 being grandmaster and top 500 being above 100 seems ridiculous.

From blizzard.
Well this is blizzards exact version
01A5JU2TY64G1472693874659.png

God the aiming is so much better now (on XB1). Playing it on XB1 while I'm away from the PC was brutal but the auto aim now working properly makes it totally enjoyable.

I wasn't getting gold medals, but no one will with Ana on console. I definitely helped win 3-4 of the games with good Nano boosts at the end though.

The things this game tracks are not the things Ana does well. Like i'm not sure how the game would reward a great nano boost besides commending the Reinhardt or whoever was on the receiving end.

Moonkeis

The things this game tracks are not the things Ana does well. Like i'm not sure how the game would reward a great nano boost besides commending the Reinhardt or whoever was on the receiving end.

Nano boost and the amount of team wipes I've prevented with her darts. No credit given. :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
6-0 in placement matches so far on PS4, all with randoms too. Some of them I was so close to losing but you have to give randoms some credit (Soldier 76 in the background: You wanna medal?)

Aiming improvement feels great. Maybe it's just me but Symmetra seems to fire off her charged shots a bit faster (not charging or travelling faster but rather the shot leaving her gun)

ramyeon

I don't know what it is but Mei is a beast now. Tried her on Eichenwalde attack, my first game on the new map ever. Cleaned up shop - 4 gold medals including 20 elims. And I hardly ever used her before. Maybe it's the improved aim on console? Felt like my projectiles were hitting more consistently. Her ult is crazy good now, so good at getting the payload onto a checkpoint or capping the point.

Really digging the new map both visually and in its design.
And I'm oddly enthralled by Zen's meditation emote.

Mei seems better to me but not to the degree some in here are finding her, maybe I'm missing something? she feels like how she used to when the game first launched only with a wider ult.

Skii

Thanks everyone for the games on Echenwalde today. I think I saw optimus get a teamkill by himself basically with McCree lol.

Really enjoy the map but I definitely feel like it's the hardest one to push out of all the payloads.

I don't like Reaper on this map. I got 26-12 on one game which isn't really good enough and we lost it. Hanzo is just so good now. Amazing. You should be getting 5 e/d ratio with him. I also like Junkrat and Zenyatta on the map. It's heaven for long range players and not ideal for close range until the final push/defence.

mellow

4 wins - 3 losses - 3 draws, played mostly support, had some really infuriating teams and got platinum, just shy of Diamond. All things considered I'm pleased.

Veelk

Banned
I have to be the unluckiest goddamn rienhardt of all time.

Ana nanoboosted me like 5 times, and there was ALWAYS someone who countered me. I'm not even sure they were intentional, just wrong place wrong time. I get nanoboosted, I get trapped into Mei's blizzard, or Junkrat's trap, twice into Zarya's gravity bomb.

A reaper is ulting in front of me? Don't worry comrades, I'll save you with my Hammer Down ult!....and Zarya barriers him. So I waste my ult, die, my team dies, I feed Zarya's charge. I never aim my charge right, my shield always breaks and Mei exists.

Goddamn.

I don't know what it is but Mei is a beast now. Tried her on Eichenwalde attack, my first game on the new map ever. Cleaned up shop - 4 gold medals including 20 elims. And I hardly ever used her before. Maybe it's the improved aim on console? Felt like my projectiles were hitting more consistently. Her ult is crazy good now, so good at getting the payload onto a checkpoint or capping the point.
People forget that prior to the projectile fix, Mei's icicles were almost as silly as Hanzo's arrows. And they just reverted that change. And improved autoaim on consoles.

mellow

it must definitely take into account S1 skill rating then seeing some of the results, I mean I only won 4 matches and am just shy of Diamond. Didn't perform particularly well either. 80% Zenyatta.

Jarate

Banned
3-3-1 with my first epic crad ever gotten

Teammates have been dumb and I've been silver medaling with Zarya all day with ransoms consistently using DPS classes. Yeah, I'm a super amazing Zarya

Being able to kill Lucio's and Genjis is a wonderful thing now too

R0ckman

it must definitely take into account S1 skill rating then seeing some of the results, I mean I only won 4 matches and am just shy of Diamond. Didn't perform particularly well either. 80% Zenyatta.

Thats stupid if you got caught in the KotH support bug last time. Must be the lazy way to do it.

Hellix

Well, my placement matches went 4-5-1 and got placed at 2483 SR. Infuriating matches, but I ended up being the top player or 2nd top on all the losing games.

LiK

Placement done. Got Platinum. 4 wins-5 losses-1 draw. Ptobably would've done better as a full group cuz even as partial group we got matched up against full groups and that was tough.

CrYkKnCXEAEu74R.jpg

Ertai

Enter Eichenwalde, everyone picks DPS on defense and no healer. So i pick healer and fight a losing battle. Everyone runs everywhere, run away from me and let us get flanked all the time and theres not a goddamn thing i can do about it. This game makes me feel so powerless sometimes and it frustrates the living hell out of me

Rad-

Decide to try solo queue. Enter the match and let team mates pick their heroes first. Two final spots left and McCree fits into one so I decide to break out the old cowboy again.

And our team gets steamrolled in defense so that was relatively quick match. God how I missed being salty. But yeah McCree's fucking amazing with the aim assist fix. It's crazy how much it affected aiming.

Danj

No, your rank can drop but your tier won't.

So how will that work with matchmaking, will you see gold tier 1500-1999 rank matched with silver tier players then? I don't really see how that is gonna improve on the old system, other than not having those bullshit fractional ranks.

Ertai

So how will that work with matchmaking, will you see gold tier 1500-1999 rank matched with silver tier players then? I don't really see how that is gonna improve on the old system, other than not having those bullshit fractional ranks.

Yes thats how its going to work.

Already getting hate mail :)

A Genji (LOL) and Reaper """""flanking"""" (read: doing nothing) team told me to stop being shit at healing. I'm not going to bother healing your asses tbh.

Ertai

Already getting hate mail :)

A Genji (LOL) and Reaper """""flanking"""" (read: doing nothing) team told me to stop being shit at healing. I'm not going to bother healing your asses tbh.

Ive been healing all night so far simply because no one else picked the healer. Im getting so fucking sick of all those player just gettin rolled over because they do whatever they please and then blame healers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom