• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukinari

I managed to get platinum rank without even realizing so thats cool i guess.

I doubt ill ever get to diamond but im already doing better than last season.

Ramirez

So I just played a match on Gibraltar on Xbox and the framerate was fluctuating like crazy. Really strange...I'm talking sub 30 at times.

And yea, I think they went overboard on the aiming in console. Every McCree I've faced has been insanely accurate and I had a 60% accuracy match last night. I usually hover around 33%, lol.

Did you face any meis? Does her new projectile hit box make it hard for tracer?
I'll be doing mine in two or three.
All anecdotal through six games:

Tracer still feels great, although I don't think we faced a single Hanzo yet. Should still beat Mei 1v1 and I didn't notice anything too proposterous hit box wise.

Genji is gone

Roadhog Pharah and Mercy all seem to be getting tons of play time.

Whatever they did for aiming has been amazing for McCree and I imagine other hit scan characters.

Badboy had some amazing Mei ults but I'm not getting an overwhelming 'she's OP' feeling. He's just really good with her. Mei is definitely here to stay this season though.

duckroll

Wonder if Blizzard will ever introduce a Brawl which mixes up abilities between heroes.

- Torb with Reinhardt's shield rather than armor packs
- Mei with Genji's mobility
- Soldier with Pharah's backpack
- Dva with Pharah's missiles
- Winston with Junkrat's grenade launcher
- Lucio with discord

Get Rolled on every match of Eichenwald by same grouped team.

Switch to Mei

Completely stomp them.

MeiDevil is real

I havent touched Mei in like a month aswell.

Matches seem much better today but it's not primetime yet. Winning majority of my matches but it's mostly just going up and down. Need to get a good streak going...

Mei with a triple jump = the end

Might as well go all out at that point.

They'll give mei triple jump and pharah's jump jets

Right click becomes hitscan with hanzo logs

Left click becomes auto-tracking like Symmetra beams.

Ice wall becomes toggle like Dva shield

She gets Reapers cackle emote and Mercy's devil skin.

Kouichi

Just finished my solo queue placement matches on PS4 and made it to 2702 Platinum. Decided to have some fun and picked only the five support characters for all 10 matches. Only used Zarya in two maps at the end since we already had two supports. Managed to win 5 of the matches with one draw and four losses.

Jellie

All anecdotal through six games:

Tracer still feels great, although I don't think we faced a single Hanzo yet. Should still beat Mei 1v1 and I didn't notice anything too proposterous hit box wise.

Genji is gone

Roadhog Pharah and Mercy all seem to be getting tons of play time.

Whatever they did for aiming has been amazing for McCree and I imagine other hit scan characters.

Badboy had some amazing Mei ults but I'm not getting an overwhelming 'she's OP' feeling. He's just really good with her. Mei is definitely here to stay this season though.
How do you deal with pharmercy as a tracer though. I can deal with pharah by herself just not with mercy. Has your accuracy gone up by the way following the fix to auto assist?

Plesiades

Wonder if Blizzard will ever introduce a Brawl which mixes up abilities between heroes.

- Torb with Reinhardt's shield rather than armor packs
- Mei with Genji's mobility
- Soldier with Pharah's backpack
- Dva with Pharah's missiles
- Winston with Junkrat's grenade launcher
- Lucio with discord

I don't think so. Too many custom animations/models for mode that lasts a week.

Something like Pharah healing teammates with her rockets or making Lucio giving the discord effect to the enemy team with his ult is probably "easier" to implement. You'd be dealing with game logic, not new assets.

Is there a good guideline of what tiers correspond to season 1 ranks?

Ri1HxKpl.jpg

Is there a good guideline of what tiers correspond to season 1 ranks?

Well, if you think of the spread like 25-75 (as anything outside of that is just a crazy outlier).

30 and below is now 1-500
30-35 is now 500-1000
35-40 is now 1000-1500
40-45 is now 1500-2000
45-50 is now 2000-2500
50-55 is now 2500-3000
55-60 is now 3000-3500
60-65 is now 3500-4000
65-70 is now 4000-4500
70+ is now 4500+

That's the general idea.

Edit: Beaten like a Genji post patch...

God worse rank after placements than got in Season 1

FeelsBadMan
A lot of people were reporting that on Reddit, don't worry. You may have got lucky in S1 or unlucky in S2. Or both. Ten games is a tiny sample, and they seem to have crushed the ranks pretty hard to give people a ladder to climb.

AngryMoth

2 wins, 7 losses, 1 draw. 2 of the losses could be blamed on leavers. Placed 2100.

I do not recommend solo queuing your placements :'(

ISOM

How did they calculate that season 1 rankings were tiered that way in comparison to season 2? Or is this something from Blizzard?

The reason I'm asking this is that I thought 2000-3000 were the 50s. And that Grandmaster was 70-80. I don't think there were many 80+ last season so 80-100 being grandmaster and top 500 being above 100 seems ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom