• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellix

So how will that work with matchmaking, will you see gold tier 1500-1999 rank matched with silver tier players then? I don't really see how that is gonna improve on the old system, other than not having those bullshit fractional ranks.

The way I understood is, for example, if you're gold and your skill rating drops to 2000 (Gold baseline), your skill rating can't go below 2000. I could be mistaken, but it would be weird to still be Gold with a skill rating of a Silver or Bronze.

AngryMoth

The way I understood is, for example, if you're gold and your skill rating drops to 2000 (Gold baseline), your skill rating can't go below 2000. I could be mistaken, but it would be weird to still be Gold with a skill rating of a Silver or Bronze.
As someone that just dropped bellow 2000....I can confirm this is not true. You just keep the gold emblem

LiK

i think your skill tier is who you will be matched up with from now on. you won't be meeting dudes below it. which is why if your friends have a different tier, they can't play with you.

As someone that just dropped bellow 2000....I can confirm this is not true. You just keep the gold emblem

have you been matched up with people in Silver or Bronze?

TrueBlue

Really liking the new map. Zipping around all the nooks and crannies with Tracer or raining justice with Pharah is great fun.

I have noticed some lag though - particularly when blinking with Tracer. I once got two Pulse Bombs in 5 seconds :lol

ramyeon

6mQtXqH.jpg
What do these icons mean? I've never seen them until this patch.

Ken

What do these icons mean? I've never seen them until this patch.

network issues/dropped packets

they can tune the sensitivity on those icons so maybe they tweaked them with the patch. i doubt you have to worry too much about them (i think u can turn them off too in the settings)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yes but I assume that happened to everyone. Why am I in the top 3% if everyone's losses were nuked?

I don't get it :(

I think it's because the people who haven't updated their profiles are still at their old ranks, which are way lower than the new ones.

ramyeon

network issues/dropped packets

they can tune the sensitivity on those icons so maybe they tweaked them with the patch. i doubt you have to worry too much about them (i think u can turn them off too in the settings)
Yeah I honestly haven't been seeing any worse performance than before so that's a relief.

LiK

the first chokepoint and final area can make or break a match so hard in the new map. only playe dit in Brawl but man, playing against a full group who knows the map was friggin' hard.

I'm sorry buddy, we barely play together! Plus some of this footage is a month old

it was fun, we did pretty well. need to play more Comp together.

I guess I shoulda noted earlier, my xbox competition was pretty bad. I'm getting nothing but top 500 icons on PS4, lol.

I've played at my friends house the xbox version before, let me tell you... the skill floor is the lowest out of the 3 platforms. This may be anecdotal, but yeah it felt like the easiest version of the 3. I had a similar experience with Rocket League as well, but that made more sense given it came out a year after PS4/PC.

Strider

Wow. Did they change how long people could leave before a match counted?

Was on attack on Anubis. We rushed in killed a couple and started taking the point.

"player left. Match won't be counted and is shutting down."

Pretty bullshit actually.

Kito

7-3 in placements and got Platinum despite getting no medals in half of those, guess win rate matters more.

Three I lost where down to bronze tier, braindead Mercys with zero game sense.

Ive been healing all night so far simply because no one else picked the healer. Im getting so fucking sick of all those player just gettin rolled over because they do whatever they please and then blame healers
Yup, it's such crap. I was playing as Lucio of all healers so it even has an AoE heal and they would keep spamming the button.

Placed in low gold tier after a string of horrible placement matches, only 4 wins out of the 10. Honestly I'm not really sure what I could have done, every match was a complete stomp in either direction and I was usually getting all silvers as Zen on the losses. I wouldn't mind, but the friend I was paired up with is pretty close to being over 1000 ahead of me so we soon won't be able to play together.

Jellie

Is everyone getting placed around 2500 here with a few exceptions?
That's like 50 from season 1? Even some SR 76 guy on my list is 2500ish.

Special C

Does anyone know of Placement players can play with freinds that are already ranked? Not sure how the skill range restriction will work with placers.

These games are brutal. It’s either you get stomped or you’re doing the stomping. I went from 2750 to 2550. Oh well, good thing you can’t derank. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom