• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

Just had my last placement match and had a Mei in my team who just kept on jumping off the cliff wtf. We still somehow won though. Went 6-4 and 2497 rating.

50% accuracy with McCree since the patch hit.

I have 55%. Dat hidden McCree buff.

Satch

Banned
This game is funny as shit, our nano boosted dva jumped off point in overtime because mei used her ultimate and we lost because of it

As if mei could POSSIBLY kill her

I couldnt even be angry, i just cackled on mic. this game is amazing

Tovarisc

Just got in a game with two (2!) top 500 players. Both of them used the animated spray in our spawn room.

And even then, we only just managed to win attack Eichenwalde through overtime. It feels like that map is very slanted towards the defenders, unlike most of the other ones, which I guess is fine.

A lot of players don't realize that there is this flanking route in last push; http://imgur.com/a/j9ZJ0

Just had 4 or 5 losses in a row where my team pushed the payload all the way to the last five meters and then gave up all semblance of skill and floundered around fucking up for the last 5 minutes. Every. Time. Ended a game where every single one of my teammates had their ults up in the last 30 seconds and none of them used them.

Quitting for the night because goddammit I'm pissed off.

Tovarisc

Did they stealth buff ult gain rate for Mei or are Mei players just more trigger happy with their ult now that timing and aiming it isn't so important thanks to radius buff? In few games felt like that Mei ulted every 20 seconds.

Edit: Also love it how Mercy's healing buff made it impossible for Winston to kill player you are healing :D Zipping and zapping e.g. Reaper with his lightning gun, but Reapers HP just don't move downwards even inch.

Kuksune

i don't know if this has been asked in this OT or in any other overwatch OT.

Why haven't blizzard patched out Reapers reload exploit??

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though seriously, nothing has changed about her other than the ult and people are bandwagonning. :p

Did they stealth buff ult gain rate for Mei or are Mei players just more trigger happy with their ult now that timing and aiming it isn't so important thanks to radius buff? In few games felt like that Mei ulted every 20 seconds.

She has always gained it really fast. Last patch made self healing build ult so she gained it even faster now.

My comp Zarya's getting pretty good.

LIMfoQB.png

Vire

I swear, they changed some things without putting in the patch notes. Mcrees aiming and distance feels different.

Tovarisc

i don't know if this has been asked in this OT or in any other overwatch OT.

Why haven't blizzard patched out Reapers reload exploit??

Reload exploit? You mean animation cancel by timing melee strike? I hope they don't remove it tbh, gives some advanced stuff to Reaper and gives skill ceiling little boost.

Edit: Like they one point removed Mercy's ability to GA to dead allies because they felt it was too confusing mechanic. That removed a lot skill ceiling and play possibilities from her so community demanded it to be put back.

Antiwhippy

Reload exploit? You mean animation cancel by timing melee strike? I hope they don't remove it tbh, gives some advanced stuff to Reaper and gives skill ceiling little boost.

Edit: Like they one point removed Mercy's ability to GA to dead allies because they felt it was too confusing mechanic. That removed a lot skill ceiling and play possibilities from her so community demanded it to be put back.

That doesn't exist. Proven to be still the same reload times.

Projectile change is huge.

I feel like I'm hitting sightly more but nothing drastic. Except that my shots don't completely go through frozen targets sometimes now.

The Reaper reload "exploit" hardly does anything. It just lets you get some melee damage in. It's effectively worthless, unless you need the punch in that moment.

Antiwhippy

I've won on attack quite a bit, but those times were more often than not me coordinating a breakthrough as ana. Pubs still don't know how to deal with a nano boosted rein or rampaging genji, or even a boosted reaper.

Also won one time getting a 4 man dead eye leading to a team wipe using one of the flanking routes at the final stretch. That was sweet.

If only I found this group earlier during my other placements.

Was in a solo/2 group/3 group team and we steamrolled. Everyone decided to group up and after that it was steamroll after steamroll. Good synergy all around.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I've been away from GAF for ages. Just finished my 8th placement match, sitting at 4-1-3 right now. It could have been 5-1-2 but I decided to add two randos to my group for the final match and we went up against a 4-man group that just outplayed us. I feel like a 2-man or 3-man group is the sweet spot if you're queuing up.

Looking forward to playing my final two placement matches tonight and seeing where I land.

In the 2400s. Gold rank. Went 6-3-1 in my placements.

Most of the time I supported. Not sure how to feel about this, cause most of my matches were stomps. But eh. I can climb.

finalflame

Anyone wanna do PC placements? I'm so fucking terrified of having terrible placements in solo queue like last time and ending up 34. I ended Season 1 at 59. The climb was brutal and I can't do it again.

Mik317

man I suck lol. Think I'm doing well and then after losing..none of my teammates nor me are up for voting.

lol s c r u b b o y s

Moonkeis

Anyone get a weird bug on the Battle.net interface since the patch? When I click on the "Friends" icon, the list will not display. It appears as a window I can hover over when I'm alt tabbing but it won't display it.

xaosslug

Draws are a metric fuckton better than coin flips. There is really no other solution. At least you get something from a draw.

i don't understand why they don't just crown a winning team based on time? Whoever does it faster/has more time left in the bank wins: el fin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom