• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're Lucio, and getting gold elims, silver/bronze damage. Still have silver healing (Mercy was doing most of it) then there's a problem.

Never seen a Winston so focused on trying to kill a lone torb and dying each time...

R0ckman

These games are brutal. It’s either you get stomped or you’re doing the stomping. I went from 2750 to 2550. Oh well, go thing you can’t derank. lol

Why is this mm so terrible? Its not fun on either side really. I love close matches when I lose it really feels great and it really makes you want to say gg. But I hate when people say gg in onesided matches even when I an the stomper. No, the match was absolutely terrible. There was nothing gg about it.

exYle

Is everyone getting placed around 2500 here with a few exceptions?
That's like 50 from season 1? Even some SR 76 guy on my list is 2500ish.

Wasn't that pretty much par for the course? Most people get their initial placements near the middle and work their way up. Even Seagull only placed at 69

Earlier on the Gaf train we had probably a top 5 game in my Overwatch career. That Kings Row game was so damn fun, culminating in that clutch as hell Mercy Rez. I've missed competitive.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Always higher than the average rating of my team, that doesn't seem fair. If I win I get shit, if I lose I lose a lot.

Jellie

Wasn't that pretty much par for the course? Most people get their initial placements near the middle and work their way up. Even Seagull only placed at 69
Thought there would be more people getting placed at the 60 equivalent or closer to it. If everyone gets middle then what's the point of placements?

Why is this mm so terrible? Its not fun on either side really. I love close matches when I lose it really feels great and it really makes you want to say gg. But I hate when people say gg in onesided matches even when I an the stomper. No, the match was absolutely terrible. There was nothing gg about it.

It should get better once the season actually gets going more. I mean it's only been a little over 24 hours since it started. A lot of people like to rush ranks at the start of the season then it dies down. So it makes the beginning matches a lot more brutal.

exYle

"only" 69 lol

69 was nowhere near "middle".

The point I was trying to make is that placement matches skew towards the curve. Seagull placed at 69, which is relatively high, but during comp season 1 he was almost always in the 70s or 80s. That can't be an isolated incident. If placement matches were truly indicative of pure skill, then everyone would've placed almost exactly where they ended, with little vertical movement.

Oh my god! Even though I solo queue I'm having so much more fun again now that comp mode is back. No more dealing with complete morons in quick play ftw!

The point I was trying to make is that placement matches skew towards the curve. Seagull placed at 69, which is relatively high, but during comp season 1 he was almost always in the 70s or 80s. That can't be an isolated incident. If placement matches were truly indicative of pure skill, then everyone would've placed almost exactly where they ended, with little vertical movement.

It was only the first season, there was no previous baseline to determine a better placement for everyone. Hell, if we want something more accurate it would still take a few seasons to make it so. Even then, the Elo system can't predict when users improve or decline in skill level in the off season.

well i still have some issues with season 2

it's the same with season 1, if i get unlucky in my firsts game, i'll get a not good enough rank and must do way more games to get to the rank that match my skill (roughly platinum), i try to play with people i know but most of the time i can only solo queue and damn what can we find in this mode.......

Veelk

Banned
Maybe I haven't adjusted to the map yet, but it feels like Pharah has a LOOOOOOOOOOT of advantage in it over everyone else.

To be clear, this the console version, so McCree and Soldier are limited in taking her down.

Ramirez

Guessing you weren't playing Ana this time?
Hanzo seems stupid good now, not enjoying it in the slightest.

I played Rein-Roadhog-Zen-Tracer-Soldier-Mei-McCree-Pharah.

People have been locking RH up before I can even move over, so I spread my wings and played whatever.

You really can't overstate how good the aiming feels on console now. Pharah is not a nuisance at all anymore because you can ping the shit out of her with Soldier pretty easy now. Soldier in general is just a monster, IMO. Ult is still weak without a boost, but oh well.

20 games in comp and not a single game on the new map. Guess I'll have to play the brawl, lol.

Tovarisc

Maybe I haven't adjusted to the map yet, but it feels like Pharah has a LOOOOOOOOOOT of advantage in it over everyone else.

To be clear, this the console version, so McCree and Soldier are limited in taking her down.

Climbing "the tower" that is right after payload has started to move is also very beneficial for Soldier and Cree. You get great angle on Att tream for some ult action.

Just had the most lol's in one game.

A junk gets blasted into one of my rockets from the side of the screen.
A reinhardt dashes onto the point at shrine, then just walks backwards off the ledge.
McCree does high noon, then blasted onto the point where a Dva and Rein shield sandwich
Roadhog somehow gets launched midair, does ult, but other team roadhog also does ult and he is basically just floating up there.

Beckx

it's kinda funny the number of players who will run at Mercy in a straight line while her auto pistol is plinking away headshots.

Beckx

9 of my placement matches done.

had someone quit in 4 of them. guess i should've waited a few days.

it's been fun but that's been a real drag.

oh! almost forgot, in another match we had an idler. he'd move, then stop for a while, then move, etc. in between phases we asked him what was up.

Q: Are you idling?

A: No, I am talking to someone right now.

Q: What? Hang up on them.

A: It's my mom, my brother has been arrested.

Anyone need another person to group up with for competitive on PS4? Getting a little sick of playing solo. Most recent game had an Ana, Widowmaker and Hanzo on Attack.

PSN is Falconxcrunner09

Just got in a game with two (2!) top 500 players. Both of them used the animated spray in our spawn room.

And even then, we only just managed to win attack Eichenwalde through overtime. It feels like that map is very slanted towards the defenders, unlike most of the other ones, which I guess is fine.

xaosslug

Reaper on our team finds enemy teleporter... keeps saying 'i have found the enemy teleporter...' over and over again. Odd. Scrolling through teammates on killcam, and there he is sitting down in front of the teleporter. Just sitting there. Doing nothing. -____-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom