• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

i don't understand why they don't just crown a winning team based on time? Whoever does it faster/has more time left in the bank wins: el fin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yah, I agree that's a better solution but it's probably just TOO eSports for the general crowd that plays the game.

Beckx

Ah, much better end to the night. Winning streak.

Also got Zarya's Power Overwhelming during one of my qualifiers, which was cool since I'd basically given up on that.

Ah, much better end to the night. Winning streak.

Also got Zarya's Power Overwhelming during one of my qualifiers, which was cool since I'd basically given up on that.

Actually gotten that earlier during a placement...while I was dead. I shielded a teammate then died so apparently it was enough lol

And I have to keep mentioning this because it's not getting talked about nearly enough
give it a week
McCree feels absolutely fucking broken on Ps4 now. I always used to think "man I thought my reticule was right on that Pharah and nothing" but apparently it happened CONSTANTLY. Not missing those shots, and the feedback overall just feeling better is just SO powerful. I'm annihilating Tracers and Genji now, which always have me trouble before and Pharah is a fucking joke.

I wonder if it will ever get patched because obviously it's not a PC issue.

LiK

And I have to keep mentioning this because it's not getting talked about nearly enough
give it a week
McCree feels absolutely fucking broken on Ps4 now. I always used to think "man I thought my reticule was right on that Pharah and nothing" but apparently it happened CONSTANTLY. Not missing those shots, and the feedback overall just feeling better is just SO powerful. I'm annihilating Tracers and Genji now, which always have me trouble before and Pharah is a fucking joke.

I wonder if it will ever get patched because obviously it's not a PC issue.

Needed you for a few of my placement matches. No one was able to deal with Pharahs in my games. I had to switch over to Soldier. Lost a few because of her. I would've probably had a higher SR if I stuck with playing my Junkrat.

Salarians

Assuming I'm reading this correctly, I'm in the 98th percentile for Symmetra on PS4 (383 of 28,639). That's... a lot better than I'd expect.

Needed you for a few of my placement matches. No one was able to deal with Pharahs in my games. I had to switch over to Soldier. Lost a few because of her. I would've probably had a higher SR if I stuck with playing my Junkrat.
That happened to me. Pharah giving us tons of trouble, looked like a loss. Finally the dude switched off McCree so I took him and that Pharah was my fucking bitch the rest of the match.

xaosslug

Yah, I agree that's a better solution but it's probably just TOO eSports for the general crowd that plays the game.

it's so funny, tho. Because last season so many of the peeps I played with on chat had no idea about the whole back and forth/time bank thing. Peeps would be like 'what? We have to do that again? But with 1 minute? WTF?!?' LOL

Can you imagine losing by a second or two? That would be an even worse feeling than SD.

it would be the same as losing in overtime or something. It sucks but you deal, and at least it's somewhat in your control (next time... do it quicker! ;)). The coin flip + draw take it out of your hands yet again, and that's not fun because where/how do you improve?

on the whole I just don't like the back and forth/switching side time bank thing. It's exhausting doing the same map over and over again but w/ less time. -__-

LiK

That happened to me. Pharah giving us tons of trouble, looked like a loss. Finally the dude switched off McCree so I took him and that Pharah was my fucking bitch the rest of the match.

Hey, went back and read you got Plat rank. Good, we can play together cuz I'm Plat too lol. 4W-5L-1D. Pretty awful so I was surprised I made it cuz I saw other people here with more wins get Gold rank.

dd79709d5530b900e6cd8c7344f07e8e.png
No idea if this is bad but woo!

Hey, went back and read you got Plat rank. Good, we can play together cuz I'm Plat too lol. 4W-5L-1D. Pretty awful so I was surprised I made it cuz I saw other people here with more wins get Gold rank.
Yea after going 3-3 with the Gaf train I came back and went 4-0 solo queue, lol.

I did the math and apparently I'm 56, which seems low but it seems like everyone is placing fairly low. I'll try to be on tonight and for sure tomorrow.

LiK

Yea after going 3-3 with the Gaf train I came back and went 4-0 solo queue, lol.

I did the math and apparently I'm 56, which seems low but it seems like everyone is placing fairly low. I'll try to be on tonight and for sure tomorrow.

We had one match where the random left or lagged out. Instant loss cuz it was a Payload map.

Just finished my Xbox One placement matches (for reference, season 1 I went 3-7 in my placements playing primarily Mercy and Lucio, started at 39 and clawed my way up to 46)

1. Win
2. Win
3. Win
4. Loss
5. Loss
6. Win
7. Win
8. Draw (this was my first match ever on Eichenwald. It was not the ideal way for my first match to go down...)
9. Loss (an insta-pick Hanzo left about 1 minute after the match started, so we were down a player and got wrecked)
10. Win

Overall 6-3-1, placed Gold 2330 (so roughly about 46 or 47 I suppose?). Seems pretty fair given that record and my previous season performance.

xaosslug

so who hasn't done placement, yet? I've been living in Brawl since the patch went live and feel semi-confident enough to try placement tomorrow... :-D

Veelk

Banned
so who hasn't done placement, yet? I've been living in Brawl since the patch went live and feel semi-confident enough to try placement tomorrow... :-D
Same. I find it so relaxing to be able to play a mode where my stats aren't tracked at all. And I want to learn the map, so it's really convenient.

Yea I haven't had the time yet, I ended last season at like 57 so I guess I should be able to get gold at least? But I'm so confused on the new map I just want to play it over and over for now

Ramirez

it's so funny, tho. Because last season so many of the peeps I played with on chat had no idea about the whole back and forth/time bank thing. Peeps would be like 'what? We have to do that again? But with 1 minute? WTF?!?' LOL

it would be the same as losing in overtime or something. It sucks but you deal, and at least it's somewhat in your control (next time... do it quicker! ;)). The coin flip + draw take it out of your hands yet again, and that's not fun because where/how do you improve?

on the whole I just don't like the back and forth/switching side time bank thing. It's exhausting doing the same map over and over again but w/ less time. -__-

To each their own, I'd much rather take a draw when teams are obviously very evenly matched. No team should take a huge penalty like they did in season 1 when a game went 6 rounds.

xaosslug

Same. I find it so relaxing to be able to play a mode where my stats aren't tracked at all. And I want to learn the map, so it's really convenient.

and the lack of stacking is a dreeeeeeeam. I'm dreading Eichenwalde w/ like 3-4 Torbs in QP. >_<

Moonkid

Haven't done my placements yet either, I'll be learning the map for the rest of today and getting used to the aiming too by the sound of it lol.

Went 6-4 and placed 2930 on PS4.

One of my friends was making me angry as hell because he was constantly bitching during the placements about not having a chance to win matches. Now I'm realizing why he ended last season with a peak of 66 and me and my other friend went much higher in duo/solo queue.

Seems like the average this time is around 2000-2500, so I'm pretty happy with mine. I placed rank 62 in season 1 and only a win or two from Diamond/60 now.

xaosslug

dang S76 really did come SCREAMING back w/ this update, huh? He's practically been a part of every team configuration I've been on/faced in Brawl. Barely seeing any Genji. RIP

Yea I haven't had the time yet, I ended last season at like 57 so I guess I should be able to get gold at least? But I'm so confused on the new map I just want to play it over and over for now

lol, yeah I've been playing it over and over again. Trying to commit the health pack placement to memory, and any cool short cuts and whatnot. Exciting!

To each their own, I'd much rather take a draw when teams are obviously very evenly matched. No team should take a huge penalty like they did in season 1 when a game went 6 rounds.

well, when you put it that way... sure! ;P

tbh, they should remove the time bank/back and forth, and just have one round each whoever does it w/ the best time #win :D

J Range

Placed 2600 platinum. Im happy with it. I didnt think i played that good, and was forced to play lucio most times.

I love the changes they made. Games end so much faster and feels so much better.

Also seems like McCree really benefited from Aim Assistance getting buffed on console.

Had one today who's cursor would not fall off of you until you died. I have never seen someone with aim that good before on console, even when I was playing people in the high 70's last season who obviously were keyboard+mouse players.

stupei

Just had a Symmetra troll her own team for an entire placement match. Putting the teleporter over ledges so that people might run off or putting it near the first spawn point when the payload was close to the third one. Making letters with the turrets instead of placing them anywhere useful.

All that and we still almost tied. Not that that matters!

So frustrating. Game before that someone bailed after the first round. Why was I missing competitive play again?

LiK

Just had a Symmetra troll her own team for an entire placement match. Putting the teleporter over ledges so that people might run off or putting it near the first spawn point when the payload was close to the third one. Making letters with the turrets instead of placing them anywhere useful.

So frustrating. Game before that someone bailed after the first round. Why was I missing competitive play again?

Damn, in Comp? That's pretty wicked.

just imagine how awful people like that must be in real life.

Yeah, I had someone like that a few rounds ago. He was mad someone else was playing McCree, so he just picked Mei and kept ice walling us. We all just reported him, not much else you can do.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Earlier on the Gaf train we had probably a top 5 game in my Overwatch career. That Kings Row game was so damn fun, culminating in that clutch as hell Mercy Rez. I've missed competitive.

Yeah that match was amazing. Mercy can be stressful but I do love playing her for moments like that.

Also seems like McCree really benefited from Aim Assistance getting buffed on console.

Had one today who's cursor would not fall off of you until you died. I have never seen someone with aim that good before on console, even when I was playing people in the high 70's last season who obviously were keyboard+mouse players.

I need to try him out again since I could definitely see this being true. Guessing Soldier should also get a nice bump.

I felt like I was able to land some riskier hooks on targets I usually struggled with a lot like a jumping bean genji. Game just feels a lot better to me now.

Ramirez

Went 6-4 and placed 2930 on PS4.

One of my friends was making me angry as hell because he was constantly bitching during the placements about not having a chance to win matches. Now I'm realizing why he ended last season with a peak of 66 and me and my other friend went much higher in duo/solo queue.

Seems like the average this time is around 2000-2500, so I'm pretty happy with mine. I placed rank 62 in season 1 and only a win or two from Diamond/60 now.

Add me on PSN. TJ-Ramirez

Sure didn't take long for the game to start matching me with complete idiots after placement. Meanwhile the other teams are full of top 500 I played all last season.

cyborg009

Banned
My teammates tonight decided to call the move when your near the end point of a map and need a stop. Someone switching to a bastion, so we called that a panic bastion.
It works every time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom