• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also seems like McCree really benefited from Aim Assistance getting buffed on console.

Had one today who's cursor would not fall off of you until you died. I have never seen someone with aim that good before on console, even when I was playing people in the high 70's last season who obviously were keyboard+mouse players.

That sounds nightmarish honestly.

I guess this is what you need to make up for playing on a controller?

LiK

Killed a Junkrat and Pharah at the same time while they were both in midair with my concussion mine. ROFL

*clip saved*

Add me on PSN. TJ-Ramirez

Sure didn't take long for the game to start matching me with complete idiots after placement. Meanwhile the other teams are full of top 500 I played all last season.

Will do. Taking a bit of a break right now, so not sure if I'm gonna run more or not tonight. (Definitely will tomorrow though)

2 or 3 of our losses were the result of bad matches as well. One of the teams had 4 Top 500 players, and another had 3. Not that I'm one to call a match before its done, but past experience has taught me to lower my expectations for a win in those cases. (Especially if your team is mostly solo queue randoms)

Just finished my placement matches, went 6-4 this time. For a while it looked like I was going to repeat last season's 8-2 performance, which would have been awful because that was followed by a brutal string of mostly losses and a huge drop in ranks, and at least this time I think it placed me at a more reasonable low-Gold rather than the 58 I got last time.

That said, the last game was utterly bizarre. It was me and a group of five, but not only do I think they were all strangers to one another, for a while it seemed like they were trying to throw the match. One of them even went afk twice during the match (but not disconnecting), another person kept sending attack/defend emotes as if they weren't talking on group chat (or else that person was being a passive-aggressive dick) and after we lost one of them was immediately all "congratulations on winning a 5v6." Like, IT WAS YOUR GROUP, don't YOU fucking know what happened to your friend?

Ramirez

McCree is broken on console, does Blizzard even test the changes on console? This is obvious after a few games. He can't miss and hits like a god damn truck, good lord.

That sounds nightmarish honestly.

I guess this is what you need to make up for playing on a controller?

Yeah I recorded it so I might post gifs of it later. If it was PC version I'd honestly have called hacks on it. I watched him do like a 90 degree turn to me, instantly snap onto me, then stayed on me until i died. My friend couldnt even objective hop as Lucio, he just got swatted instantly.

Was 100% the best aiming I have ever seen ingame so far.

Blues1990

What are your favourite lines when a character says he/she is taking over the objective? I personally love Junkrat's:

"I'm taking the objective. Anyone else want some?"

Antiwhippy

How much is the accuracy % of mccree after aim assist change?

Because pros average 50-60% in matches and that's already a serious amount of damage. And that's skewed by them constantly pumping into shields to break them.

McCree is broken on console, does Blizzard even test the changes on console? This is obvious after a few games. He can't miss and hits like a god damn truck, good lord.

Yeah, I was getting wrecked by McCrees from range while flying around as Pharah and speeding around as Lucio. felt weird.

How much is the accuracy % of mccree after aim assist change?

Because pros average 50-60% in matches and that's sheath a serious amount of damage.
I'm 50% on console and feel like I'm spamming an awful lot. Could hit 60 (which I did a few games in a row with the Gaf train) if I was more selective.

Antiwhippy

I'm 50% on console and feel like I'm spamming an awful lot. Could hit 60 (which I did a few games in a row with the Gaf train) if I was more selective.

How much of it is critical?

Seriously though, an accurate mccree is such a dps monster from mid to close range, which is why soldier still falls behind.

How much of it is critical?

Seriously though, an accurate mccree is such a dps monster from mid to close range, which is why soldier still falls behind.
I'm not sure but it's bad. Feels fucking broken. Had 61 eliminations and carried an awful group of 4 to victory in a placement match. After we got wrecked when I was Tracer the first round.

We had ZERO business winning that game. I was just hanging in the back picking people off and if their Tracer tried to flank me I was able to hit her really easily (which never used to happen).

Strider

I just played a couple games on PS4 and I was gonna post this lol I usually just pick McCree on console anyway and aiming with him was never hard but now... Shiiiiiid.

I need to get up to level 25 on PS4 so I can do placements there....

i didn't play competitive in season 1. what kind of things affect your rank now? i know nobody knows exactly how it works, but what is the general consensus? does stuff like accuracy matter?

Antiwhippy

Lol, i guess mccree will be the character that gives blizzard problems constantly. I think he is fine on pc now so they have to break him for console.

Moonkid

Just played Mcree and yup, can confirm it's a lot easier. Didn't even need much strategy tbh, just go around killing fools.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which character says this line? I'd assume it's either Soldier 76 or Ana, but it's only a guess.

76' screaming about people getting on the point and Reaper's 'i'l do this alone if i have to' prove they're the real spirit animals of the Overwatch playerbase

MUnited83

For you.
https://giant.gfycat.com/GrizzledChillyIbisbill.webm

tumblr_m6099e9Jzw1rqkpceo1_500.gif

Only took me 200 hours to finally get this darn thing.

Gotta say I love all the nooks and crannies and weird ways to get around on the middle area of Eichenwalde, but I feel like I'm not gonna use half of them due to trying to stay with the payload/get to the objective.

I really want a KOTH designed like the middle area of Eichenwalde with multiple levels and weird ways to jump up and down and lots of random passages. It would be pretty fun.

WhyMe6

If anyone's up for some PSN competitive grouping, add me: GodotX. I'm having a ridiculous time in placement matches, going against previous Top 500 players and players who ended last season rank 65+ (I maxed 56), it's driving me insane.

LiK

Pretty good win streak. GG to the two Gaffers whom I don't remember your GAF names here. Taking a lil break

Owzers

Pretty good win streak. GG to the two Gaffers whom I don't remember your GAF names here. Taking a lil break

Me! and NDFP who i think is NDFP. 4-0 is a good start for season two placement matches, it's a nice break from doing awful in the Brawl as Mccree, i'm not meant for shoot-outs.

Just had a Symmetra troll her own team for an entire placement match. Putting the teleporter over ledges so that people might run off or putting it near the first spawn point when the payload was close to the third one. Making letters with the turrets instead of placing them anywhere useful.

All that and we still almost tied. Not that that matters!

So frustrating. Game before that someone bailed after the first round. Why was I missing competitive play again?

Yeah I had a player that picked Hanzo and Tracer and was just dancing around in front of spawn. This after we went 2-0. So we ended up losing 3-2. Awesome.

That said the improvements to Competative this season can be felt and to me it's a far better experience.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
first time I am playing a season of overwatch so trying to get ranked first. First match we slaughtered the other team I had least 40 eliminations. Game 2,3,4 and 5 every time had at least one or TWO of our members leave the game, fuck them all hope there is harsh punishment for this shit, it pisses me off because no one can join and you down the entire time.

D.Va, 23-0, is this easy mode.

I just had a 30-1 (spawn-camping turret Bastion would be the 1) D.Va match and I am pretty sure I didn't get a finishing blow the entire game. Just harassed people from mid until they focused on me, jetted away, and my teammates took their weakened asses apart. For the entire map. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom