• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Game crashed when we were holding them off in the final point of King's Row. Got penalized, now I'm down to 54. I hate this game.

I'm convinced it's because they upgraded the tickrate to the servers. This never happened to me before last night. Now it happens at least once every few games.

Meia

no offense to anyone (seriously) and not directed at this guy

But I am SOOOO glad I ignored gaf and spent my credits. I didnt think it made sense to save my credits for summer skins when we knew ziltch about them.

Honestly, I purposely keep about 1500 credits banked for any new hero they add, since we apparently never know when one will just be thrown into the game if Ana was any indication. Enough money to get one skin you like, and an emote and/or highlight intro.

Then again, I went a little nuts when the game came out and bought 72 boxes, so it's not uncommon for me to get 1-2 repeats, so it's easier to get credits. Also have a standing policy of only throwing $20 at an event apparently when one happens to get a good start on it too(got Tracer/Lucio legendary + American McCree that way).

Just did a match(solo queue Rein) where a 4 person party picked a Hanzo at the start, as we only had one Zenyatta healing. Figured it was going to be a loss to get me further away from the 60 bar, but we dominated instead and I got back up to 60. Started the season at 61 from placement, so nice to almost be back at that now. Now I either need 15 more wins to get 100 comp points so the season bonus gets me enough for a gold weapon, or keep going til I get to 65 and get it that way...

Blu(e)

After Sombra I hope they add a tank next. I have a favorite in each category except in tanks. Yeah Roadhog and Zarya are cool but they don't do anything for me :/

Got potg as Zenyatta on a match where I only used him 60% of the time... and we won while I was swapping heroes again. Was my first Zenyatta PotG, too.

Zenny works in mysterious ways.

finalflame

Three rounds on Hanamura and coin flip. Fucking forever playing this game. Lose on attack coin flip.

I am seriously going to have a heart attack because of this game.

Three rounds on Hanamura and coin flip. Fucking forever playing this game. Lose on attack coin flip.

I am seriously going to have a heart attack because of this game.

Not to tell you your business or anything. But what worked for me was to stop playing that shit tier competitive mode altogether.

Hit my season high of 66 just right now. Was on point and totally feeling it tonight:

5GykyRy.jpg

Still haven't gotten my D.Va skin, voice line and spray... That's all I need, please Blizzard! It's getting closer to the deadline and then I'll have to spend money on loot boxes, ugh.

What are the chances Blizzard will allow these summer games unlocks to be bought with credits?

It's always fun to see a Widowmaker saying "We need a healer" on Lijiang Tower.
I made sure to keep watching them whenever I died. Don't think they went a foot away from the spawn area. What a way to play.

The amount of duplicates I'm getting in these loot boxes is incredible. There's so much stuff I've not unlocked and yet I seem to be inundated with duplicates. And if I do manage to get something new it's either a rubbish spray or a rubbish player icon.

Give me skins, dammit!

Kurita

Yeah, but the thing with Pharah is that they always try to kill her spamming bombs and mines her way. Like, stop it, you're not gonna hit me, get away.
I've actually killed my fair share of Pharahs as Junkrat by jumping with my mine to get right on their face while they're flying lol

Ferga

Played 12 games today... All win-lose-win-lose-win-lose.

This is my last day to get 65 too.....

I just need 2 wins in a row to get it. So frustrating.

FoxSpirit

Hit my season high of 66 just right now. Was on point and totally feeling it tonight:

5GykyRy.jpg

Still haven't gotten my D.Va skin, voice line and spray... That's all I need, please Blizzard! It's getting closer to the deadline and then I'll have to spend money on loot boxes, ugh.

What are the chances Blizzard will allow these summer games unlocks to be bought with credits?
Almost zero. They want to keep them as event exclusives. So better luck next year.

Danj

Competitive still so bad at lower ranks. You can still turn in your best ever performance:

And get absolutely squat for it:

Does the competitive matchmaking only look at rank or does it take into account the hidden MMR/ELO/whatever as well? Because it kinda seems like it only looks at rank and that's bad.

IKizzLE

Our team average is 70, enemy teams average is 79 and includes jokerfirst, ohenvious, and digitalnex whose SR is 86. We end up winning(had to play the game of my life) and rank up over 1 rank. Bout to be top 500, super confident and get matchmade with a team who has a bastion main who is top 500. He goes on to body our team twice, nvr seen a mouse and keyboard bastion before. Lose two entire ranks. Smh, this is how I know some of the dudes in 80s don't deserve their ranks.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
*sigh*

Game crashed when we were holding them off in the final point of King's Row. Got penalized, now I'm down to 54. I hate this game.

I'm convinced it's because they upgraded the tickrate to the servers. This never happened to me before last night. Now it happens at least once every few games.
My game doesn't crash but it disconnects when it never did before. No idea why.

Shouta

I doubt its a huge issue, but if the hitbox is so blatantly off as depicted in the video, then correcting it or making a new animation seems appropriate. The reflect animation would make me think that shooting at Genji is supposed to reflect my shots, not just shooting in his general direction.

Its not a gamebreaker, but its certainly something worth fixing seeing how misleading the current animation is. They don't have to even nerf him to fix it, just make the animation clearer for fairness.

It's definitely that big. One of my favorite POTGs that I got was one where I was dueling another Genji and killed him by reflecting his team's Junkrat grenade at him that was shot at me from the left. Not even like front left-ish but totally to my left, lol

Copenap

Competitive still so bad at lower ranks. You can still turn in your best ever performance:

Does the competitive matchmaking only look at rank or does it take into account the hidden MMR/ELO/whatever as well? Because it kinda seems like it only looks at rank and that's bad.
The theory is that it takes into account a hidden skill rating, so if you only get few points for a win the game thinks you belong where you are. Gold medals don't change that.

Not that I agree with it but the system as it exists now rewards you for winning. After 4 wins or so you get a full level pretty much. That'll continue until you get to a point where you trade wins and losses and you wherever really slow down is where you belong. I really don't think it has anything to do with performance at all, just wins and losses. Streaks are when the biggest movements occur.

If I had to guess you lost twice in a row for that kind of result.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I do sympathise with you though. 61 elims but still the team is unable to close it out? Damn.

Though looking at the silver damage there probably someone else who is contributing to quite a number of those elims.

I've been matched into a group of 30s and sub 30s before even though I'm 40+ and it's definitely a much different game at that level.

Sande

The theory is that it takes into account a hidden skill rating, so if you only get few points for a win the game thinks you belong where you are. Gold medals don't change that.
Hidden extra matchmaking / rank gain factors and other shenanigans always feel redundant (not to mention frustrating) to me. How about the game just lets me end up where I end up naturally instead of trying to guess where I belong and forcing me there?

A buddy of mine (rank 48) was playing with us in games that averaged 55+. And he was holding his own. Doing great even. Somehow he still kept losing more rank for losses than he gained for wins. It's ridiculous sometimes.

Ideally the system notices when you belong much higher/lower than where you are and takes you there asap, but it rarely seems to work as planned.

I wish games were at least upfront about these things.

ISOM

Matchmaking is all kinds of fucked up. The first fix is not putting you in three straight matches with someone who you lost with in those matches. Seems like common sense to me i don't know.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Shadder2k's smurf placement games were like the full gamut of Overwatch ranked, from disorganized, silent teams with weak picks to queueing with top500. It was... educational.

WhyMe6

I guess I should be pleased to get two legendaries from my last three boxes, but why did they both have to be Zarya's two summer skins? I would have preferred a duplicate and the gold :(

I've been trying Zen much more these days and I'm really enjoying him. I feel like I'm steadily improving, even though I had a lot of losses today in competitive unfortunately. Some were very fair, as always, but some... well, when you've got teams with an average in the 50s who aren't picking *any* DPS characters on attack (and if I'd have swapped, we'd have no healer...).

duckroll

Matchmaking is all kinds of fucked up. The first fix is not putting you in three straight matches with someone who you lost with in those matches. Seems like common sense to me i don't know.

Oh yeah nothing sucks more than having a streak of Competitive wins against different teams, and then getting it broken by one team that destroys you, and the.... getting matched again that team again the next 3 times too. Feels like shit.

ramyeon

Just had my career best game with Soldier. No joke, it was as if everything clicked and I was destroying everyone. Shame my team wasn't on the same wave length. Career bests in pretty much every category, some 20+ kill streaks. It was great.

And it was all ruined by some kid spamming "Thanks!" every time we lost.

I hate how you can fucking choke on hybrid maps. Team fucking steamrolled everything in Numbani until the final push, then fucking choked hard. Loss. Back to 58.

FUCK.

It's difficult on Nubani, because the defending team has the spawn point only few meters away from last checkpoint. It's most def a team effort to push.

Hero

Had a competitive game the other night with a control point map and ended up with 90 eliminations. Not sure if I'll ever be able to top that.

Had a pretty good streak in competitive (solo) today and even got to play a match with Taimou. I wish the season wasn't ending in a few days, really don't want to go back to quick match.

Raxanas

Neo Member
The QP woes on weekend.4 tracer or 5x dps teams.Losing in 2 minutes,having toxic idiots insulting each other.I am blocking,muting and report them.And guess what.I left the room so i wont have them again but somehow the stupid game made me play 4 match with them.Killed my apetite to play at all today damnit.
Is it normal that when u block someone,to have them in your team for consecutive games?

Thinking of spending my credits on skins. Might wait until Gamescom.

Mathematically, it's always best to keep your credits and only buy something you really want in that moment. It's a bad feeling to buy a Legendary Skin you only kinda wanted, then to unbox that same skin 15-20 boxes later and only get 200 credits back for it.

Azoor

I honestly don't think Overwatch will ever be 100% balanced, I think heroes will continue to fluctuate as time goes on. Especially when new heroes, maps and game modes come in.

I honestly don't think Overwatch will ever be 100% balanced, I think heroes will continue to fluctuate as time goes on. Especially when new heroes, maps and game modes come in.
I think it might be fairly impossible to make a game 100% balanced. A new hero will screw everything up and they've still got a little ways to go with the current setup. In a game like this, there will always be those meta comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom