• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

bad games today. I'm not doing too bad myself but the randoms who play today are bad. Can't kill shit and def don't stay together when pushing for a point.

Tovarisc

Yeah, not sure what they did in the backend for that but I got more potgs with her yesterday alone compared to the lifetime of the game, lol.

Enjoy while it lasts. Soon it will be back to normal and supports never get POTG's. I guess they tried to make it so that Ana could get POTG once in a decade.

So has anyone seen the dark souls reference in the new stage. I love this game, but I'm only lvl 11

First time I played the stage on defense I could see an attacking Hanzo start kneeling down by the bonfire through the wall via our Hanzo's own trickery.

Alas I walked into a trap, the Hanzo was grouped up with a McCree and they also could see me coming through the wall, maybe I just wanted to join in the homage....okay I was totally just gonna shoot him in the face.

R0ckman

This is what I have to do to just barely win a placement match

Good god.

It's amazing how people have no idea how to win on Nepal. Every match, my team has been steamrolled, and I have to play Lucio every time and just watch as my team does nothing. Feelsbadman

LiK

next time i'm on, i'm gonna invite 2 guys to play. need 3 man group to stop from playing with shitty randoms. 2 man isn't enough.

_Legacy_

Completed my placement games today, my whole team bar-one made platinum. Weirdly the guy who got gold was averaging 36 kills per game so I really don't know how this game works it out. He's in platinum now anyway but he was pissed at the time.

next time i'm on, i'm gonna invite 2 guys to play. need 3 man group to stop from playing with shitty randoms. 2 man isn't enough.

I'm up for it, gonna continue playing for the next hours with a few breaks in between. Hope we have better luck with the teams though.

Skii

whenever I see a Mercy PotG and it's her resing 2 peeps and then attack boosting another I wonder to myself exactly how uneventful was that game... >_>

I've seen numerous times where a game has had a quadruple kill by someone only for the POTG to be a Mercy ressing 2 people. They've definitely changed priority for POTG but the problem is that Mercy ressing 2 people is nothing special at all. It's basically the same as getting 2 kills imo.

LiK

I'm up for it, gonna continue playing for the next hours with a few breaks in between. Hope we have better luck with the teams though.

yup, or 4 man, whatever as long as we have good synergy. Forgot how annoying playing with randoms are in Comp. probably need another GAF train again.

leaf_

The points system is worse than before :|
I just lost two matches with leavers in the beginning of the round and my SR went down at least 100 points.
Finally won the third match with 3 gold medals and got 3 SR. Fucking THREE...

_Legacy_

yup, or 4 man, whatever as long as we have good synergy. Forgot how annoying playing with randoms are in Comp. probably need another GAF train again.

In season 1, my group used to 4 man at times but sometimes the randoms were just not paying enough attention. We no longer go into comp without a 6 man team and it's working wonders so far. I just don't like leaving things to chance.

xaosslug

I've seen numerous times where a game has had a quadruple kill by someone only for the POTG to be a Mercy ressing 2 people. They've definitely changed priority for POTG but the problem is that Mercy ressing 2 people is nothing special at all. It's basically the same as getting 2 kills imo.

maybe, it has something to do w/ the importance of the res? Like, thanks to the res the team was able to push the payload further/fend off the attackers, or something? Yesterday I got PotG as Junkrat just from killing a Rein as he was about to charge a teammate. xD

Blues1990

I played 20 hours solo straight, and I can't get myself out of this Gold Tier hellhole.

I actually started to cry, as every possible thing that can go wrong had.

LiK

i'm feeling like most randoms aren't choosing their best heroes right out of the gate. people seem to want to experiment and it's awful. when i saw a fucking Widow on Attack in Hanamura, i can't help but feel that guy wasn't even playing seriously. we deserved the L.

The points system is worse than before :|
I just lost two matches with leavers in the beginning of the round and my SR went down at least 100 points.
Finally won the third match with 3 gold medals and got 3 SR. Fucking THREE...

i don't understand how they calculate it at all. after a losing streak today and going back to almost where i started, i'm kinda worried i won't reach Diamond now.

KiraFA37

maybe, it has something to do w/ the importance of the res? Like, thanks to the res the team was able to push the payload further/fend off the attackers, or something? Yesterday I got PotG as Junkrat just from killing a Rein as he was about to charge a teammate. xD

I think it has more to do to the fact that 1 second after the res if the ressed team member gets a kill you also get a credit for it. I have gotten some eliminations notifcations immediately following a res.

Owzers

I'd like to team up again if you two are on tonight, i think i'll avoid all random matches until i'm out of my placement games presuming it's all downhill from there. Or maybe i will avoid randoms-only for comp completely and live the small group dream.

Tovarisc

I played 20 hours solo straight, and I can't get myself out of this Gold Tier hellhole.

I know the feeling. Every time me and friend been close to getting out of Gold tier game throws us into game where game kicks our faces in HARD. Hellbent on keeping us in Gold.

Skii

Nah one of my team mates got POTG for a 2 man ress only for everyone to get frozen by Mei's ultimate seconds later and team wiped lol. I guess a ress has the potential to be more effective than a multi kill and maybe that's why it's being prioritised for POTG.

Woah... I think you should take a rest from the game for a couple of days. It's really not that important. And you need to accept a lot of things are out of your power i.e the teams you get, the opponents you get and just how the ranking system works in general.

Rad-

I'm up for some gaf train-ing as well. Been having good luck with solo queue but playing with gaffers is more fun.

Defuser

God I hate this losing streaks. I was like 1 win away to platinium and then I lost 3 fucking matches in a row. Now I'm 4 wins away from platinium, FUCK FUCK FUCK I'm so fucking frustrated.

NimbusD

What is frustrating is people who still don't know how to fight her. It's amazing how people will let her slip away when she's weak, only to recharge her shields. I will use my Whole Hog every time on her if she's fully charged, she's way too much of a game changer to just let her run around like that. But most people don't seem to understand that and it drives me insane.
The worst is being on a team that just feeds her charge. Nothing worse than being a tank for a team like that, you become the first target for her when she's ready to shred people and go down quicker thank a teacher standing still.

Satch

Banned
the easiest way to play ranked is to immediately leave the game when the victory screen comes up

so i dont know exactly what my rank is, i dont know how many points im gaining or losing. being able to see that stuff would just irritate me and that takes off the stress

LiK

the easiest way to play ranked is to immediately leave the game when the victory screen comes up

so i dont know exactly what my rank is, i dont know how many points im gaining or losing. being able to see that stuff would just irritate me and that takes off the stress

lol, or just close your eyes. much easier :p

Azoor

I think Eichenwalde isn't in competitive because they're changing something in it, maybe that choke point people talked about in the PTR.

Ramirez

They need to change POTG to only stuff that actually pertains to the win. Some random Reaper death blossom 30 seconds into a match don't mean shit.

^ it's in comp though

The worst is being on a team that just feeds her charge. Nothing worse than being a tank for a team like that, you become the first target for her when she's ready to shred people and go down quicker thank a teacher standing still.

As a frequent Zarya player, nothing makes me happier than when the enemy team's strategy is "Wait until somebody starts to come though the chokepoint, and then spam as much fire as possible into them." Especially when there are Junkrats or Symmetras blindly flinging fire through the chokepoint. First I go through and rack up charge, and then the other tank or a DPS pokes their head out and I shield them to get even more charge. Matches like that, it's not unusual for me to have 100% charge within a minute of starting.

LiK

even if Zarya has full charge, people can still pop her bubble with focus fire and kill her. i almost killed a Zarya multple times in a match who was carrying her team but no one else even tried to finish her off and kept going after other dudes. irritating. always take care of the hero who's doing the most work. she was protecting everyone.

I think Eichenwalde isn't in competitive because they're changing something in it, maybe that choke point people talked about in the PTR.

It's in competitive. Played it like 3 times now.

It will feel heavily defense favored until people learn the map. There are two flanking paths which certain heroes can use to pull the front line back and multiple approaches to the bridge (center, left room, right room).

lol

Is it that bad? I placed 2475, dropped to 2350 and now you're frightening me :s

Yeah, I'm having a lot of the same problems as I did in Season 1: so far I'm 3-1 after going through placement, and the three wins haven't been enough yet to offset the points I lost from the one loss. As close as I was to Platinum when I started, I'm afraid it might end up forever out of reach unless I get super lucky or a lot better.

_Legacy_

As a frequent Zarya player, nothing makes me happier than when the enemy team's strategy is "Wait until somebody starts to come though the chokepoint, and then spam as much fire as possible into them." Especially when there are Junkrats or Symmetras blindly flinging fire through the chokepoint. First I go through and rack up charge, and then the other tank or a DPS pokes their head out and I shield them to get even more charge. Matches like that, it's not unusual for me to have 100% charge within a minute of starting.

This is true, I also love soaking up a Hanzo or D.Va ulti and bubbling another teammate as well, gives me a huge boost for dat 100% charge melt-fest.

Blues1990

I know the feeling. Every time me and friend been close to getting out of Gold tier game throws us into game where game kicks our faces in HARD. Hellbent on keeping us in Gold.

I tried getting people on GAF to team up with me, but people are ignoring my group ups or asks if we could group up and such. But it's been lemons on the PC end, while everyone in PS4 land are getting group ups left n' right.

Woah... I think you should take a rest from the game for a couple of days. It's really not that important. And you need to accept a lot of things are out of your power i.e the teams you get, the opponents you get and just how the ranking system works in general.

I get that. But I just want to get to a high enough bracket and then get rewarded for my hard work. I had 7 wins, 1 draw, and two loses for my placement, but I was placed in Gold Tier 2196. I've been stuck since, such as how I just lost 6 matches, with one that had leavers in the beginning of the round, and my SR went to hell. Then when I finally won a string of matches, with 4 gold medals and POTG with a quadruple kill in one, I'm rewarded with 12 SR.

I have every right to be angry right now.

venom473

Yeah, I'm having a lot of the same problems as I did in Season 1: so far I'm 3-1 after going through placement, and the three wins haven't been enough yet to offset the points I lost from the one loss. As close as I was to Platinum when I started, I'm afraid it might end up forever out of reach unless I get super lucky or a lot better.

The biggest problem I have is that barely anyone picks a healer and now I'm sitting here with 2/3 of my competitive playtime spent as Lucio, gets a bit boring after a while.
I feel like the player skills in that bracket are mostly decent but the dream scenario of 2 tanks 2 healers and 2 dps is awfully rare.

antitrop

Queued up my first placement match and was just hoping it wouldn't be Eichenwalde, since I didn't play on PTR and have no experience with it.

It was Eichenwalde.

Didn't matter though, my Zenyatta was on point and the rest of the team was good, as well. We stopped them from getting A and then made a quick cap to win the match.

LiK

Queued up my first placement match and was just hoping it wouldn't be Eichenwalde, since I didn't play on PTR and have no experience with it.

It was Eichenwalde.

Didn't matter though, my Zenyatta was on point and the rest of the team was good, as well. We stopped them from getting A and then made a quick cap to win the match.

i got Plat tier. don't go too high, i would like to play with you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom