• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

I picked him yesterday and didn't die. Was actually pretty fun. i don't play him like most Genji players so the nerfs to his mobility didn't affect my playstyle. People still have trouble hitting him even in Comp. I think he'll be in my back pocket when i need him for some situations.

How do you play Genji? I love him, I have a full day's worth of playtime with him, but I was still getting shit on last night.

I'll admit though, I'm starting to feel like my time played with him is essentially worth nothing and I'm just a bad Genji player

LiK

I played a lot of the same people who mained him last season and they were just as potent as ever. The only difference I'm seeing is the ability to actually hit him now because of the AA fixes. Genji was basically unhittable last season for me.

I also hooked Soldier last night and Roadhog said "Nice mask." After I killed him, that was a new line to me.

I noticed lots of new lines. It was nice to hear characters say new things.

xaosslug

had some good times on the new map, yesterday.

i'm still not very confident in my Junkrat play enough that he's my hard pick for comp, but I was on fire w/ him yesterday in Brawl and did really well staying alive w/ him! :D LOL

also, ran a lot of attack Symm and likewise saw a lot of attack Symm on the new map. The last point/castle is great for setting up a teleporter because there are so many nooks and crannies. Muehahahaha!

Ramirez

Got this gem mid match yesterday,

xbdWzXx.jpg

I missed you competitive.

X-Frame

Insane. Had around a 60% W/L in Season 1 and I've got a 25% so far after 12 games including placements.

Just absolutely abysmal.

Just did my placements matches. 6 wins 4 losses (one was a dc in a winning match cuz my internet was crapping itself all of a sudden). Got 2409sr.

That's about average right?

KiraFA37

Just had 4 amazing matches during my placements matches, the 5th one was going to be amazing to but after the first round one guy decided to switch from DPS to Ana. Nothing against Ana but if you are doing well with 1 support (Me, Zanyatta) you should be not be inclined to add another one. Well that match ended in a loss after going into overtime, unfortunately one of our team turned toxic after losing defence which kinda put a damper on an otherwise good match.

hydruxo

Ugh so many games of reaper on that guy. Reaper is probably the most balanced of the attack classes but boy oh boy is he a boring pile of crap. His teleportation is slow and loud, a far cry from the translocator that it was inspired from. Only useful for covering long distances without being contested or securing a spot somewhere to wait for a big ult. His ghost walk is only useful for escaping so it falls under the flaw of a no brainer skill 99 percent of the time. His primary weapon has no nuance to it. The default reticle filling half the screen tells you all you need to know. Probably the only interesting thing about him is the decision making on how much you can go in/ult while picking up souls and surviving. But this kind of positioning and game sense isn't unique enough to make a character interesting on it's own.

He's a beast in many circumstances regardless of how 'boring' he is. One of my favorite heroes to play.

So I was thinking of getting the PC version of Overwatch. I've been playing on the PS4 version since it came out, but my friend who I've always played with picked up the PC version because his new friends at med school play on that and now he rarely gets on. I'm not well-versed in PC specs and system requirements, so I was wondering if you guys could tell me whether my laptop could run this game. I don't mind bumping to the lowest settings so that I could squeeze out the best possible FPS so, with that in mind, do you think it would be doable? Or is it not worth it?

KiraFA37

So I was thinking of getting the PC version of Overwatch. I've been playing on the PS4 version since it came out, but my friend who I've always played with picked up the PC version because his new friends at med school play on that and now he rarely gets on. I'm not well-versed in PC specs and system requirements, so I was wondering if you guys could tell me whether my laptop could run this game. I don't mind bumping to the lowest settings so that I could squeeze out the best possible FPS so, with that in mind, do you think it would be doable? Or is it not worth it?

Everything is fine except the graphics card which is the integrated one. I don't think it is worth in your case, but could you maybe post your laptop model and brand? Maybe it isn't recognizing the graphics card correctly and you have a dedicated one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm definitely surprised by how many genji's I've still been seeing in comp...but atleast I can consistently hook the guy on ps4 now.

Everything is fine except the graphics card which is the integrated one. I don't think it is worth in your case, but could you maybe post your laptop model and brand? Maybe it isn't recognizing the graphics card correctly and you have a dedicated one.

It's an HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2

Ramirez

Good Zaryas are the most frustrating to fight against.

What is frustrating is people who still don't know how to fight her. It's amazing how people will let her slip away when she's weak, only to recharge her shields. I will use my Whole Hog every time on her if she's fully charged, she's way too much of a game changer to just let her run around like that. But most people don't seem to understand that and it drives me insane.

finalflame

Very few people are actually getting placed +3000. It seems like most of the ones who are finished last season well over 65.

I actually had no perspective on where people were getting placed, but yah, I guess that makes sense.

That's not how any of this works.

It's a soft reset for a reason. They take your previous season's rank as a way to see how you match up this season's placement but they've been doing some tinkering at the backend on how to calculate rank (which people were crying about on ptr because it does some pretty drastic changes mid ptr even though it's fucking ptr).

Also you know that 5 isn't that big of a difference, and that having leavers is unfortunate but they can't soften too much because then it'll be easily abused. If you truly are 5 levels above where you are you will rise, no need to be so dramatic about it.

Yah, I had just managed to avoid leavers for a while now, and having one on my team that wasn't just a disconnect/didn't come back was disheartening, especially when it was my last placement match and I felt a lot was on the line.

But yah, I placed 34 last season and climbed to 60, so I know you'll adjust over time..just frustrating to be placed lower than where you think you belong. But it's fair.

It's alright. I had a leaver as well. But getting to Diamond doesn't seem so hard. Had 4 straight wins tonight and already accumulated a lot of SR. I might reach Diamond really soon if I can keep playing with a few Gaffers and win without randoms fucking it up.

Thanks bud. Imma keep on keeping on.

Maybe some of the matches you lost were to people with much lower skill rating?

I mean, its only 5 levels. If you were good enough to climb before you'll be able to do it again. I'd rather get placed a bit below my average than way above it (Making it much harder to gain as opposed to lose).

I placed a bit below my previous placement as well, but I know I'll easily end up at that rank again

I guess that's possible. And your perspective on getting placed below rather than above makes sense. We'll see how the season plays out :)

You realize 2700 is probably like top 5,000?

I dunno, I know it's not accurate but MasterOverwatch places 2750-2999 as top 26% of players.

You're supposed to climb

Right, will do!

Anyways, I overreacted overall so sorry for the bitchiness guys. Back at it today.

Satch

Banned
I had this dude on my team two games in a row and oh my god he was a nightmare to play with, calling everyone noobs and being insulting and just generally being an asshole on top of being a poor player

The second game that i got him i was like "god not this guy again" and at the end when we lost he was like "hey, you will never win" and i told him i win plenty when i dont have him on my team

third game comes but hes on the opposite team and we absolutely CRUSH and god it felt good to let him know that he was a weak link and always will be for any team that has to deal with his bullshit. thats justice 🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣

Now I've actually put a fair amount of time into using her I'm digging Ana quite a lot.
Not enough that I'd dare take her into competitive but when you're on a roll and dispensing nano boosts like candy it's gooooood times.

Good Zaryas are the most frustrating to fight against.

Bubble shields always popping up on people and themselves at the perfect time.

GeeTeeCee

Tried my first ever competitive match. Had a teammate who played Widowmaker on attack, who quit the game, managed to rejoin the game, then quit it once more later on.

I might just stick to quick play.

xaosslug

What is frustrating is people who still don't know how to fight her. It's amazing how people will let her slip away when she's weak, only to recharge her shields. I will use my Whole Hog every time on her if she's fully charged, she's way too much of a game changer to just let her run around like that. But most people don't seem to understand that and it drives me insane.

yep. It's esp. maddening on KotH maps. -__-

Kasei

Won 7-3 of my placements matches with a couple of friends. Immediately after I get into a solo game I encounter my first toxic player. Ranting at everybody 'to change to a fucking good character, why aren't you McCree you pleb?'

Upon dying repeatedly because they were an over-extending Zarya, this fellow decides that the healer is to blame and starts lambasting me across the next two rounds and 10 minutes of the game, swearing his little socks off.

Blizzard, ban these fools and take their money. I'm getting too old for this shit.

(Also thank God for the mute button, I used it here to great effect but out of curiousity unmuted them 5 minutes later to see them getting the shots in. People sometimes...)

I'm seeing a lot of people finding it difficult to parse the difference between Platinum and Silver, as a side-note! It's often the case that people think I'm Silver in games with majority gold players instead of recognising that it's a Platinum icon. (And then giving me shit for it, come on fellas.)

GeeTeeCee

Nothing like getting a gold medal for eliminations.

With a grand total of 3.

When you're the healer.

I thought most people on GAF/Reddit etc said competitive was better than quick play? This is misery.

Moonkeis

Now I've actually put a fair amount of time into using here I'm digging Ana quite a lot.
Not enough that I'd dare take her into competitive but when you're on a roll and dispensing nano boosts like candy it's gooooood times.

I've gotten comfortable enough to use her on certain team set ups if it's attack. Especially if there is a Zen paired up with me. I've taken out so many genjis that assume I was just going to be an easy pick off.

xaosslug

I had this dude on my team two games in a row and oh my god he was a nightmare to play with, calling everyone noobs and being insulting and just generally being an asshole on top of being a poor player

The second game that i got him i was like "god not this guy again" and at the end when we lost he was like "hey, you will never win" and i told him i win plenty when i dont have him on my team

third game comes but hes on the opposite team and we absolutely CRUSH and god it felt good to let him know that he was a weak link and always will be for any team that has to deal with his bullshit. thats justice 🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣

had this type of guy on Numbani in qp, once. We were on attack and couldn't quote get the payload those last few inches on the end point and he goes on a tear afterwards, a lot of it directed at me because I have 5 stars 'but couldn't even win' or whatever. So we flip to defense, and he's still there, critiquing EVERYONE'S play we manage to hold the enemy team off but in the last seconds he's all 'let them take the first point so the match can go on a little longer,' and I'm pretty sure me and the rest of the team were in silent agreement to belay his bullshit because everyone on the team seemed to play that much harder and we shut the attacking team downE. xD

KyleCross

Nothing like carrying your whole team by being the only one playing the objective, and actually win only to not get a single vote on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom